GT5 Freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeeTea
  • 49 comments
  • 9,183 views
HIGHLY unlikely you will get YLOD on slim.. havent heard of a single case so far...
 
yeah this problem is usually the internet useage.. what you find is if you are only playing GT mode and not online... sign out of PSN and this proble should dissapear....
 
Tell me about it! still waiting for my ps3 to return from sony :( Same happen with my last ps 3 too, but that was my fault because i used to turn of ps with main power switch at the back. Thats why sony have removed that power switch ,ps3 simply cant handle sudden power off,

DUde! C'mon, you should know better than that!
 
Tell me about it! still waiting for my ps3 to return from sony :( Same happen with my last ps 3 too, but that was my fault because i used to turn of ps with main power switch at the back. Thats why sony have removed that power switch ,ps3 simply cant handle sudden power off,

It clearly states.. when you first use the ps3 that sudden shut off is NOT good and can cause severe damage.. i go crazy when people turn my ps3 off with the button (slim version) as i dont want to have to replace it
 
Mine has frozen a couple of times when returning to GT-Life after an event, just hangs on the black screen with the GT logo :|
 
Mine has frozen a couple of times when returning to GT-Life after an event, just hangs on the black screen with the GT logo :|

I've had that too.
 
I started a thread for this but for anyone who missed it. My GT5 kept freezing until it corrupted the file sytem on the PS3. Once the file system was corrupted the PS3 wouldnt play any games at all. Ok I think time for a backup and a PS3 restore. The corrupted file system means you cant backup. So in the end I had to Format the drive for a restore and lost everything.

If your having freezing issues do a playstation back up. It backs everyhting up but its better than losing all your save games not just from this one but all of them.
 
I was not signed in (the internet connection was off as well) when my game froze, so this is not always server related (which makes it much scarier).

If I lose my cars because of this random freezing...🤬🤬


My mate has an account on my PS3, and he doesnt have a PSN set up.

It's only crashed for him when doing the Special Rally Event.
 
Thanks all!

Signing out helps a lot, it also sped my menus back up to original speed again...hope PD fix the freezing!

Woop, first post :)
 
My PS3 is brand new...GT5 was a christmas gift. Got the latest patch and I freeze every evening at least 2 or 3 times, mostly in b-spec, usually in Rome. WTF?!?!
Happened when the internet was down, too...
One time required a hard restart...other times, it just goes back after about 20 seconds...

EDIT:
Talked to Tech support and I did all sorts of stuff - re-updated the PS3, deleted the Saved Game Utility, reinstalled it, reinstalled the patch 1.05 - nothing. Returned the disk to point of purchase (faster than sending it back to sony, who said it was at least a 7 day turnaround) and got a new disk. Problems went away for a while. Now, it froze once in the middle of a spec b championship - dammit! But I was online at the time.
At peak hours, my ISP is abysmal. Netflix froze last week on friday night while scrolling, too. I have concluded that it is my ISP, but I will still be backing up my stuff.
 
Last edited:
This happened to me this morning for the first time after running the 9 hour Tsukuba Endurance race. Upon exit of that race it just hung on the black screen with the GT logo.

Some history. I have a slim. Been running GT5 since its release date. Many days on in a row at times. Never had any problems with the PS3 like this. Just took my PS3 by my folks to upgrade GT5 via Internet. Did it in 10 mins. Soon as I upgrade the system and GT5 this happens. Im not hooked up to the internet at all so not sure why this would be happening to me as I should not be signed in to PSN as I dont have an internet connection where I live.

Im worried now. I copied the game save to my flash drive but from what Ive read that wont help me in the event of a ylod or the like. Man GT5 probably should have been done on the PS4 as it seems the PS3 cant really handle it for too long.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: To get out of the the freeze I held down the PS button on the controller and selected "turn off system". I let it cool for about 5 mins then started it up again. Soon as the game loaded I noticed the "saving" logo in the right corner as if it was saving the info from my race before the freeze. I jumped for joy............until I looked at my money and realized I didnt get the prize money. I also looked in the garage to see ZERO milage on my newly bought ZR1 RM. But I did notice that my two B spec drivers I used for the Tsukuba 9 hour enduro DID recieve xp upgrades due them for this race. Weird stuff. But at least the game still works........for now
 
Last edited:
you need to backup your files to a usb flash drive


i play the game in a 60 gb ps3 (the first ones ) and i don't have the freezing problem (i play like 8-12 hours daily)
 
Last edited:
you need to backup your files to a usb flash drive


i play the game in a 60 gb ps3 (the first ones ) and i don't have the freezing problem (i play like 8-12 hours daily)

Im a noob to backing up files as I never had to do this or worry about my PS3 in my 3yrs of ownership with many many hours played with all sorts of games until GT5. GT5 is like a Mike Tyson punch to the PS3's HDD.

I have a 4gig flash drive. I copied the save game for GT5 to it. Is this what you meant by backup your files?
 
Hey guys I just signed upto this site just so I could add to this...

My PS3 has been on near enough non stop since B Spec endurance races just so I can get the Red Bull X1 at level 35. I do races overnight while asleep, wake up to get ready for work and start one before I leave the house, never had a problem between levels 25 and 33... then my problem started.

After coming home from work I checked to see if my Tsukuba 9 hour race had finished, it had but when I clicked exit the GT sign came up and didn't go back off. I didn't know about signing out from the network so just turned off the ps3 and left it off for a few hours.

When I turned GT5 back on later it loaded up fine however I noticed I didnt receive my B Spec XP, money or get any new cars in the used car dealership and when I clicked on a car in the used cars the image of the car would be missing and on exiting the game would freeze again. Done this over and over and I was really worried because I'm only two 9 hour races away from getting the X1! I thought I'd do a quick american championship indy race to maybe overwrite any corrupt saved data which seemed to work fine it saved after the race and i could view used cars again with no problem so i thought the issue was fixed, i bought a few cars, tuned them and then went back to american indy to grind some cash and the race loading screen stopped right at the end and froze so I think something in my save game must be corrupt.

Ive saved my file to a memory stick now (dont know if theres any point if its corrupt)

I again started a 9 hour race before going to sleep last night and theres a couple of hours left so if it does it again i'll try signing out of the network and see if that rectifies it and let u guys know....
 
They've still not fixed this then...

I have just finished race 3 in the dream car championship & selected next race and it has frozen on black screen (not even the GT loading symbol)

no exit to XMB or anything. :/

I can't be bothered to start that again today, 🤬 annoying
 
My GT5 froze for the first time last night when in practice mode at Monza. Basically, I was following a ghost car that I loaded and on the first lap right before crossing the start/finish line behind the ghost car the game froze.

I ended up quiting the game and exiting to the XMB and restarting the game. I went back in to practice mode and reloaded the same ghost replay and resumed following the ghost car around Monza and again the game froze when the ghost car reached the start/finish line. I've since deleted that particular ghost car replay and have had no further issues with the game freezing.
 
As above I only get the Freeze when in a practice race with a ghost car loaded...
 
I have a 250gb slim. It's been freezing with GT5 for weeks now. It started in late December. I don't know what causes it. I keep trying to make sure the disc is clean. I just got done trying to do some carting but every time I tried to choose my kart in the garage it would freeze. I'm not online even. I hope PD does something about this in the upcoming patch because it's becoming impossible to play the game!
 
Back