GT5 Harddrive Space?

• Thread starter opelgt1969
  • 52 comments
With GT5P using up over 5GB on the PS3 HD how much HD space do you think GT5 will take or do you think it will run totally from the disk and the only space on the HD will be for the Game save/Updates?
I think I'll be just fine with a 500GB HD!
Face it, you created this thread with the sole intention of attempting to "brag" about your 500GB High Def (that's HD, right?) :rolleyes:

If people want to talk storage, I've got a 12TB NAS box sat right here. So what? It is as relevant to this thread as this thread is to GT5. Pointless.

Face it, you created this thread with the sole intention of attempting to "brag" about your 500GB High Def (that's HD, right?) :rolleyes:

If people want to talk storage, I've got a 12TB NAS box sat right here. So what? It is as relevant to this thread as this thread is to GT5. Pointless.

If you would read the topic of the post instead of flaming everyone you will see that I asked how much space that the "Game" will use on the HDD! I don't have a lot of games, I've rented a few but none that use up a lot of HDD space. As far as bragging about my setup you're wrong. If I was bragging about it I would have listed all my equipment.

👎

I hope it doesn't take up too much space, I haven't switched out my HDD, yet.

I don't even know how much space is left on my 40GB drive, between Prologue, MGS4 and a couple of demo games....I think I should be alright. Keyword is ''think".

👎

I hope it doesn't take up too much space, I haven't switched out my HDD, yet.

I don't even know how much space is left on my 40GB drive, between Prologue, MGS4 and a couple of demo games....I think I should be alright. Keyword is ''think".

To check your hard drive space go to Settings>Systems Settings>System Informations. Here it will tell you what size Hard Drive and how much remaining.

To check your hard drive space go to Settings>Systems Settings>System Informations. Here it will tell you what size Hard Drive and how much remaining.

I know how to check it, thanks anyway though. :P

It hasn't, well, I haven't turned it on in about a month or two.

If you would read the topic of the post instead of flaming everyone you will see that I asked how much space that the "Game" will use on the HDD! I don't have a lot of games, I've rented a few but none that use up a lot of HDD space. As far as bragging about my setup you're wrong. If I was bragging about it I would have listed all my equipment.
If I had read the topic of the post, it would have told me nothing because you just stated "GT5 Harddrive Space". It wasn't a question, and putting a question mark on there does not automatically turn a statement into a question.

You even claimed that you will be fine with your 500GB High Def, so there really was no need for the post at all, was there, other than to brag? List your equipment if you like, it's the height of sadness, but whatever floats your boat.

If I had read the topic of the post, it would have told me nothing because you just stated "GT5 Harddrive Space". It wasn't a question, and putting a question mark on there does not automatically turn a statement into a question.

You even claimed that you will be fine with your 500GB High Def, so there really was no need for the post at all, was there, other than to brag? List your equipment if you like, it's the height of sadness, but whatever floats your boat.

You are just beyond annoying now.

Back on topic, anyone ever consider the possibility that GT5 might actually install itself in incremental chunks? For example, say you would have to install both the Simulation and Arcade modes, the backgrounds (with varying alterations), GTTV, etc...

Why argue over this thread.

Even if the OP has enough HDD space its still a legit question especially for 40GB PS3 owners.

What many have to take into account is GT is likely to have its own Home space so this is another 3GB HDD space required. This is why I said you need to allow at least 10GB HDD space if not more, 5GB GT5 install, 3GB home, 2GB updates/DLC.

No, Home is not another 3GB HDD requirement. Even if it needs 25GB for Home, that is purely optional. People seem to miss the point that even though the OP has 500 High Def's of storage space, he was still concerned enough to make a thread about it, which does not make sense.

Also, I'm more than curious what the hell a High Def HDD is. :odd:

However, let's not focus on that, more than enough good threads have been closed because of 🤬 like this.

I have a relatively new 80gb PS3 & now I have seen how easy it is. I am considering swapping it out, just to get rid of home. I find it extremely annoying that it cannot be deleted, not even an option to delete the extra areas that have no use whatsoever is a joke.

I have a relatively new 80gb PS3 & now I have seen how easy it is. I am considering swapping it out, just to get rid of home. I find it extremely annoying that it cannot be deleted, not even an option to delete the extra areas that have no use whatsoever is a joke.

Are you swapping it out for the additional headroom?

If not, you can save whatever data you do have to a USB drive and wipe the HDD clean.

Do people really hate Home that much as to have it deleted? I didn't even know you can delete it. I like to use it for talking to friends before jumping into a game.

I might change my hard drive soon to a 320 or 500 gig, whichever comes cheaper.

Do people really hate Home that much as to have it deleted? I didn't even know you can delete it. I like to use it for talking to friends before jumping into a game.

I might change my hard drive soon to a 320 or 500 gig, whichever comes cheaper.

Well, Home is just a waste but of course, that's my opinion.

As for the hard drive, check Newegg. 👍

^I did check Newegg, and I'm gonna wait a month or two before I make the purchase. I have to buy an external housing as well from there too for the old 80 gig HDD being taken out.

No, Home is not another 3GB HDD requirement. Even if it needs 25GB for Home, that is purely optional. People seem to miss the point that even though the OP has 500 High Def's of storage space, he was still concerned enough to make a thread about it, which does not make sense.

You have misread my post.

I said GT5 is likely to have its own Home space. If you want to use this then thats another 3GB. I know its optional but thats stating the obvious isn't it!!

The OP didn't say he was concerned but merely asked how much HDD space GT5 will use. For some reason you seem to be making a right song and dance about this!

Slightly off topic but why are some saying they can't delete Home. I deleted this with no problems and reinstalled when I upgraded my HDD.

Back