Gt5 honda's not so honda?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smiggi1991
  • 55 comments
  • 4,576 views
On topic, I think hondas sound pretty good, startup sound in the garage tends to be spot on and the growl typical of hondas tends to be there too. It's not perfect but it's not too bad either, my IRL car on the other hand sounds awful in game, subarus just buzz in the game instead of rumbling like they should. I know it has to do with scroll turbos and symmectrical exhaust manifolds that my US spec wrx doesn't have but c'mon, flat fours just don't buzz like I4s.
 
Flat four sound uniquenand your right they don't sound the same.
 
I love Hondas too but haven't noticed the sound of vtec at all. They are just good cars. Loved my Civic '87 :p
 
Thanks a lot dick I'm only to be friendly man

Join us after the break for more of The Worlds Most Self-Contradictory Posts :D

@OP... how is the sound output set on your PS3? If you have HDMI then your TV should be able to talk to the PS3 and get the optimum sound output info.
 
I'll give you a tip. buy the prelude vtec. put a new exhaust on it and you will hear the vtec a bit better
 
Hi guys I'm wanting some answers to this question.
I have been a big fan of honda's and vtec engines for about 6 years.I know what a vtec engine sounds like because you can clearly hear the vtec kick in in real life.still to this day I have not found a game that can portrait the perfect sound of a vtec engine.then gt5 came along which I was buzzing about because the game holds what just about any Honda on the roads.but I'm terribly disappointed civic type rs sound nothing like in real life.i must admit I'm really surprised because all the other makes and models of cars on gt5 sound bang on.but why not vtecs? Does anybody think it could be my surround sound that is causing it? I only have 2 speakers and a sub.

Yeah I know what you mean. From what I remember, the GT series records their sounds from the exhaust and engine bay while the car is rolling on a dyno or something...sometimes they just hold the RPMs and record from there. That is probably why they can not mimic the crossover noise since it's not at WOT.

Forza 3 did a good job getting the "vtec" sound. The EM1 Civic SI has a crossover, don't remember the other Honda/Acuras.
 
Most importantly, 2 speakers and a sub do not equal surround sound!
 
One of the biggest complaints I have is the sound in GT5. It is bad. From the downshifting, to the thunk of cars hitting each other, to the engine. Just bad. The garage start up sounds are good...but really who cares.

The engine sound while driving is monotone. It drains me. GT5 is about the only car game that I actually turn the volume down to enjoy it more.
 
I think GT5 is a massive leap forward in audio. It's not perfect, but a lot of cars are clearly recordings of the actual car. I can recognize the engines cars that are passing my based solely on having heard them in real life.

If you mess with the exhaust, the recordings are no longer as authentic, but they sound great at least.

It's amazing how much content is in this game.

"The engine sound while driving is monotone." GT5 attracts people who will complain just to assert their superiority, but if you really think this is true, you probably need to seek the advice of a medical professional. My guess is that nothing will satisfy the most outspoken critics. Audio is by far the most major improvement in the GT series.
 
MM1000
I think GT5 is a massive leap forward in audio.

Maybe a massive leap forward from prior GT games, but nowhere near as good as Shift 2 or even Forza 3 sound to my ears!
 
Maybe a massive leap forward from prior GT games, but nowhere near as good as Shift 2 or even Forza 3 sound to my ears!

👍
 
Nowhere near as good as Forza 3? That's quite a strong statement.

Forza 3 looks and sounds worse than GT5. This is not an opinion.

That doesn't make f3 a bad game. It's a great game. I can't speak to Shift 2, but a lot of people say it's great so it probably is.

i think some people just can't be reasonable.
 
Nowhere near as good as Forza 3? That's quite a strong statement.

Forza 3 looks and sounds worse than GT5. This is not an opinion.

That doesn't make f3 a bad game. It's a great game. I can't speak to Shift 2, but a lot of people say it's great so it probably is.

i think some people just can't be reasonable.

Actually that IS an opinion, just not yours. IMO in the sound department Shift2 > F3 > Mario Cart (on SNES) > GT5. I would LOVE to think of that as a fact, but its my opinion, and might not be shared by everyone.
 
Has anyone noticed during online play, other players vehicles sound very distorted.
 
I have driven 3 honda's with the V-tech engines. 2 where B16's the other a B18C. One of the B16's was fairly stock, had the cat removed but the rest of the exhaust was intack. The V-tec was clearly heard, the other B16 and the B18 where heavily modded and the V-tech was definatly heard.
However once we put the turbo on the B16 and the B18 the V-tech sound dissapered from both of them. I'm also a huge subie fan and own one myself and they most certinaly screwed there sound all up :(
 
i have to say this thread from reading the first posts <wtf???

but i will suggest changing exhausts from a racing titanium to either sports exhaust or even standard, i always fully mod my cars but i always have a PP limit in my rooms so i bring the power down then change exhausts and it will have the same power once adjusted back up. i.e power limit 500pp car will have say 355bhp with a racing exhaust once switch to a sports it will drop to say 490pp and 340bhp so just bring the power back up to 500pp and it will have 355 bhp! i think the torque will slightly differ! but they sound so much better with a sports exhaust ;)


edit and to the posts above mine.. Gran turismo 5 can not be compared to Forza, completly different driving games imo...
alot of people drive in online racing as if it was forza, GT5 is not and should not be treated as Forza!! Gran turismo you need to use your breaks when you come to a corner!!!!
 
I had a 2001 Integra Type-R back in the day as a teenager. When I found this car in the ucd I purchased it immediately. I find the sound of the 2001 ITR to be DEAD ON. It drives just as I remember, too...enough to cause quite a bit of reminiscing.
 
Because everytime you install a Titanium exhaust, the sounds of the vehicle simply change.
 
I drive a 98 EK9 civic typeR and the one in GT5 has literally no Vtec cross over point and the engine sound is off a bit wish it sounded like a proper B16 :)
 
The car sounds in GT5 are terrible, that's it, and i'm willing to argue with anyone on that one.
 
Forza 3 looks and sounds worse than GT5. This is not an opinion.
Actually, that very much is an opinion.

And in regards to audio from the cars that is very much not the more widespread one.
 
The car sounds in GT5 are terrible, that's it, and i'm willing to argue with anyone on that one.

👍

Besides a few brainwashed folks, I doubt many WILL argue that fact :)
 
Back