GT5 offline fun!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeolTheBeast
  • 32 comments
  • 4,294 views
Messages
600
Messages
DeolTheBeast
Since the PSN blackout, I reverted back to my old GT4 tactics of simply tuning cars and lapping them constantly around the 'ring.
Anyone else just taken a step back and kind of just gone into a "chilled" mode of playing GT5.

A fun game I like to play with myself is to set a target and achieve it. I firstly buy a car under 15k and then proceed to tune it into a sub 8 minute lap time on the 'ring. The catch is, you have to spend as least amount of money as you can. I got the idea from old Top Gear challenges, and wondered if anyone did anything similar to this?
 
That sounds pretty fun. I may try it as I'm finding it quite hard to play GT5 without online.

Now which car should I try first? :)
 
Lol ya I been kinda doing the same thing. I buy cars that I always wanted and max them out and really think about the best paint and body kit work to put on them. Than I tune each one as best as I can and put them into races where it should be tough to win. My skyline R32 in the super gt series for example. I won pretty easily actually, but the replay will always be funny watching this purply blue street car going around the track against full out race cars and winning.
 
MuoNiuLa, I used the Pegeout 106 rallye :D I got a 7.40 with that tuned with 30k mods
 
MuoNiuLa, I used the Pegeout 106 rallye :D I got a 7.40 with that tuned with 30k mods

Cool. I have that car, so I'll start with that I guess. :cheers:

I was going to use the EK Civic from the New Car delearship but I think it costs more than 15K.
 
i am currently tuning euro cars to race in the extreme euro championship.
grind and tune at the same time:tup:

also pays for most of the tuning cost!

currently racing my jaguar e-type around deep forest and rome.:)
 
I bought the game to do hotlaps by myself, so nothing has really changed. I don't really care for online racing.
 
I've been getting my team of race cars ready for when the PSN comes back up!

I've bought nearly all the race moddable cars (17 in total, all premium), race modded them, painted them all in my racing colours (different hues of red), put my race number on them (#36!), and tuned them up further ready for any online challenge that comes!

Just got a few more to buy and prepare than I'll have a full race team of cars!

Also been doing some specific trophy challenges, 'dream race' 'GTR official record' etc.....
 
Last edited:
Cool. I have that car, so I'll start with that I guess. :cheers:

I was going to use the EK Civic from the New Car delearship but I think it costs more than 15K.

Good idea.. just bought for less than 13k an old Mr2, changed oil, slapped on some sport softs, installed new cat / ecu / racing air filter, and shall have a first go at the 8 mins :D
 
I'm doing this type of game too :sly: on the nurburing, i'm saving the ghosts and try to beat them with other cars with less Performance Point or less HP. I've found interesting things about cars and their potential, i'm learning much and i'm having fun with the PSN out of business.
 
I've been grinding and earning money to build up my online garage. I'm lacking cars with less than 500pp, so I'm buying and tuning to fill the gap in order to be prepared for when PSN eventually comes back online.
 
I'm doing the WRS.👍
 
Toyota Sera '92 is a great little car... Costed my 8k, and with full upgrades it went around the TGTT quicker then a stock SV Murcielago, Jag XJ220, Ferrari Enzo and more. It truly is a beast worth buying :)

And OT i know what you mean. I've gone back to hot lapping the top gear track in odd cars and seeing how much better the upgrades can make them 👍
 
I've been busy with the course creator. I didn't really experiment much with it before now as I could usually only be found playing GT online. But since the current PSN outage, I've got a couple of tracks created that I'm pleased with. You can soon lose a couple of hours creating then tweaking a track to get it to a stage you're pleased with.
 
When offline, I like tuning unlikely cars to do <60secs around Tsukuba. But most of the time right now, it's collecting cars and b-specing to cycle the UCD.
 
As I am a fan of Initial D series and BMI, and love mountain passes in real life, I am now lapping around Tsukuba and my custom touge at Mt Aso. Im using all stock eighties JDM´s so far (most FR and MR). That is a nice way to getting to know each car. So far, my favourite touge car is the RX7 FC - great handling, sharp steering, love the way it enters corners!!! I´m getting used to my steering wheel and experiment some driving tecniques such as four wheel drift in FR cars with less oversteer. It has been a time to learn and evolve to new skills. Hope to drive some touge online soon!!:)

Also making some money in A-spec events to "sponsorship" my car purchases and tuning upgrades!!
 
Toyota Sera '92 is a great little car... Costed my 8k, and with full upgrades it went around the TGTT quicker then a stock SV Murcielago, Jag XJ220, Ferrari Enzo and more. It truly is a beast worth buying :)

And OT i know what you mean. I've gone back to hot lapping the top gear track in odd cars and seeing how much better the upgrades can make them 👍

I'll try this Sera, low cost and high performance sounds good !! I'll give it a shot :rolleyes:
 
I do Splitscreen races sometimes with the Neighbour. Hes going to the Ring thsi WE and i need to work... :( now thats "offline"
 
As I am a fan of Initial D series and BMI, and love mountain passes in real life, I am now lapping around Tsukuba and my custom touge at Mt Aso. Im using all stock eighties JDM´s so far (most FR and MR). That is a nice way to getting to know each car. So far, my favourite touge car is the RX7 FC - great handling, sharp steering, love the way it enters corners!!! I´m getting used to my steering wheel and experiment some driving tecniques such as four wheel drift in FR cars with less oversteer. It has been a time to learn and evolve to new skills. Hope to drive some touge online soon!!:)

Also making some money in A-spec events to "sponsorship" my car purchases and tuning upgrades!!


Im a fan too.. I have been drifting Nurburg at night in reverse using comfort hard tyres mainly in my 420HP FC RX7 which is also my fav touge car.. Nurburg in reverse is more uphill than downhill which is good for a new challenge and at night it feels like an Initial D style touge
 
I've been toying around with Photo mode a lot more lately, and have been playing around with cars I normally wouldn't otherwise. Here's a sample.

ZondaC12SRedBullHangar-7.jpg


I've also started watching Initial D for the first time. I know, I know, I'm late to the party. I get it. The opportunity finally came up, that's all. That show has given me a new appreciation for cars I normally would look down upon. Very humbling, and with GT5, I now have my own way to find a diamond in the rough.

Plus, the Levin is TONS of fun on the Expert Japanese Championship. Now I know what the big fuss of the 8-6 is all about.
 
Last edited:
UHHHHH......Absolutely not.....2 reasons: 1. I'm not a cheap tuner, & 2) I'd rather make that $$$ instead of making "hotlaps".
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one still having fun whilst offline 👍 . Anyway PSN seems to be back soon (source : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164641p1.html
so service as usual should be soon (ish)

I'm going to have a crack at the Sera due to the praise for it :sly:. I just hope I can manage to beat my time/cost compared to my mighty 106 :dopey: .

Anyone else know of any cheap track monsters?
 
Ah, this is a great thread.

I have been seeing what kind of underdog type cars I can take to the...well I am blanking on what championship it is, but it's the final championship series in the professional A-Spec races. I've been focusing on the Nurburgring, but there is a Cape Ring race against the same cars.

For an extra challenge, I've been taking ABS off entirely. If you set the brakes to 2-Front and 1-Rear, it seems to make it much more manageable. I use the G27, so I'm not sure if it would translate to the DS3.

The most fun I've had so far is using the clutch and gated shifter, no abs, with a 7xx HP 70's Challenger, sports tires and ZERO aids.

I also like taking ridiculously fast cars, such as the X2010, and going against really average cars, but setting a goal like completing the first lap, then turning around, going racing backwards until I pass the cars twice, then try to make up time and win the race.

If you go back to some of the A Spec races and try to win with a different car than you used before, you can essentially set the difficulty level yourself...for instance, I went back and beat the Historic races in an RM Challenger.

If you haven't spent much time with the course maker, you can make some really ridiculous tracks, at least in Alaska and Toscana. Set the bank high, and the complexity high, but keep the sections low, and you can create some...well let's say Novelty tracks. I have a few Alaska tracks that look like they should be theme park rides.

If you're into Touge/Drifting, Toscana at night with 2/3 sections and full complexity, with a little bit of extra bank angle, depending on your brightness settings you can easily ignore the fact that there aren't rock walls or drop offs and just pretend you're on the touge:)

Trying to beat the Stig's time at the Top Gear Test Track can be a lot of fun...

If you want to polish your drifting skills, the Top Gear Test Track is basically a giant parking lot.

There really is so much you can do...
 
Sileighty, I'm lovin the ideas! Never really gave course maker a second glance really.

And I am still proud to say I beat the Historic cup thing with a Buick Special :D .

I just wish some more people had this attitude of fun whilst online though :( .
 
Just bought a Fiat Panda for 8,000... going to tune it up and see what i can get! :)
 
Pulled this from the Gran Turismo 2 forum on making rally cars, and I think this would be a great thing to do in GT5.

Anyone else do this? I like making WRC-spec cars out of ones never used in WRC. Right now I'm doing a Caldina GT-T. Should be fun.

The official rules of WRC are/were:
Modified front and rear suspension layout and attachment points
Add-on turbocharger even if the production car does not have one
Modified transmission and additional transmission tunnels in order to fit a 4x4 transmission even if the production car is 2 wheel drive. Consequently differentials and gear box are free.
Modified engine intake and exhaust systems
Modified engine position (the engine can be relocated by a maximum of 20mm as compared to its original position and can be tilted by 20° around the crankshaft axis)
Modified wheelbase (±20mm) and track widths (1550mm max)
The maximum car width allowed is 1770 mm
Minimum length of 4000mm

...but I find these a bit restricting, so the ones I set my self are:
Must be 290-300bhp
Must be 4WD
Must be turbo-charged

But if the WRC isn't your thing then the Super 2000 (Hatchback) class is a bit more interesting. As before, I made up my own rules, these being:
Must be FWD
250bhp maximum

...and the one final rule for both classes is that all cars need to be race-modded. If they can't be race modded then new rims will suffice.

Discuss!
 
Pulled this from the Gran Turismo 2 forum on making rally cars, and I think this would be a great thing to do in GT5.

This is a great idea, I can definitely see me making a 207 GTi S2000 class car for sure :)
 
Pulled this from the Gran Turismo 2 forum on making rally cars, and I think this would be a great thing to do in GT5.

There should also be a minimum weight limit of 1200kg, just like in the real WRC technical regulations. ;)

I don't know the minimum weight limit for Super 2000 / Super 1600 rally cars, guessing it would be around 1000-1150kg.
 
Last edited:
Back