GT5 on... PSP? (Speculation)

  • Thread starter Thread starter DriveForcePro
  • 45 comments
  • 3,248 views
Another ps3 Price drop and a psp2 price of 299$ ish should work.
i bet the psp2 will be as crappy as the pspgo. China junk plastic
 
Hope you guys are not confusing between graphics and processing power. They claim the NGP's (PSP2) graphics can be ps3 quality, but it's only half the processing power of the ps3. So, just because it can looks as good, doesn't mean it'll be able to calculate and simulate multiple physics as well as the ps3 does. Because of this, GT5 as is, wouldn't run on it. PD would have to make a version specific for the NGP.
 
2 sticks finally! And the games better not be download only. That's a no buy for me.
 
A proper GT would help that console for sure, or it'll be the same story as it were with PSP again. Powerful hardware, but no games = much less sales than Sony wanted.
But what they really need to do, is make new and not family based games. Uncharted, Killzone, CoD... again? I kinda had enough of it on PS3, i'm not buying it again.
But it most likely won't happen, remakes, sequels and prequels rule today's games market.
 
So I just learned the PSP2 or NGP uses Flash Cartridges. **** YES! No more discs!
 
NGP will use a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. The cards will store full game titles and add-on game content or save data. Sony notes that they'll be able to provide higher capacity cards in the future to allow developers to store more game data.
from IGN.com. No need to waste internal memory on DLC expansions.
 
At least they were smart enough to drop the "download only" idea. I know there's a lot of people who don't like buying digital versions of games and even some who just can't do that, because of the slow internet or (and) lack of credit card.
 
I think it would be stupid on Sony's part to make a handheld device that has better graphics than the PS3.

But if it's only a step below, and if that phone thing works, I might just snag it up.

Unless the next gen Playstation console follows suit soon after.
 
It might be a quad core but it's only an ARM processor, think of it as a very powerful iPhone, that still isn't as good as a PS3.

Nobody is claiming that it will be as powerfull as a PS3. Only that it's graphics will be very close to those of a PS3.

Since the PSP2/NGP has a much smaller screen running at a much lower resolution than the PS3 is does not need to be as powerfull in order to acheive that.

The PSP2 wont be running at 1080p obviously.


As to the OP.

I really hope they do make a GT PSP2. The first one is one of the best things on the original PSP. I woud love to see what PD can do with the extra capabilities of the NGP.
 
Horrible loading times :/
 
Horrible loading times :/

Cartridge games are all direct unlike cd where they have to scan for the data. Cartridge games like instantly load. Like the sega and nes and ds games. I herd the cartridge will hold more memory then the memory stick duo cards. Up to 30gbs. Amazing what they can do on a little motherboard
 
sony still hasn't realize that we don't want to play PS3 games again on a small portable, no matter how powerful that thing is.
 
I think it would be awesome if they used the motion sensing capabilities for steering, and the rear touch pad for paddle shifters.

Also, even if you turn your NGP upside down at 200 mph, the game will moderate it so that there is no unrealistic steering.
 
GT5 on... PSP? (Speculation)

Blah, blah, specs, blah.

Sony is saying that this thing is as powerful as the PS3.

So, what say ye GT Planet? GT5 on PSP2?

Meh. I have absolutely no interest in the PS3 Portable, AKA NGP. If I want to play PS3 games, I'll just play them on my friggin' PS3. I've never found myself thinking, "Man, I wish I could carry a smaller PS3 around with me playing games on a controller even more uncomfortable than DualShock 3 and with a screen that's like 1% of the size of the one I'm presently playing on."

I've also joked about "599 US dollars" before, and while it may not retail for quite that I would be awful surprised if it launched for $300 or less. PS3 is only now retailing as low as $300, and a micro PS3 with extra stuff tacked on should be even more expensive than an actual PS3 console. I don't see me sinking that much money into a handheld version of what I'm already playing in a more optimal arrangement (actual controller, television screen).
 
It look pretty cool, but if it does come with a high price tag I'll just wait fir the ps4. Here some Sony japan press video i saw on YouTube
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
 
Back