GT5 online permanent ban vote would be nice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 38 comments
  • 5,616 views
Messages
2,729
Messages
Sele1981
Hi,

you´ve already seen the new COD black ops permanent ban since the new PS3 3.56 firmware is out?? Cheater get banned permanently...

I played online today, my first time in GT5. Was hotlapping on the Nordschleife and a guy named mambo(whatever) drived the NS backwards... Would it not be nice to vote for a permanent ban??

Let´s say that user gets 50 votes for an ban and then he gets an 1 week ban. If he does this BS online again and gets another 100 votes for an ban, he would be banned permanently forever from the GT5 servers...

Serious COD players all over the world are totaly happy about the new patch and write that it´s a completely new game and it´s fun again to play.

blackopsbanhammerfw356o.jpg
 
Votes, really? Ok, i'll go make a 100 accounts just to ban you. Sounds not fun, yeah?
And as far as i know, CoD players got banned for cheating. Now you want to ban people who are playing not like you want to play.
Those are very different things.
 
Why should you create 100 accounts only to ban me? Because I´m faster than you?

So you think those idiots online are fair players? Trying to hit you all the time? They only play to hit other drivers, they don´t play to race... It´s like cheating for me and PD must do something...

Create some driver profiles wich shows that drivers skills and wich will block those idiots to race against fair drivers if their profiles are worse... So idiots can race with idiots and can play destruction derby...
 
Votes, really? Ok, i'll go make a 100 accounts just to ban you. Sounds not fun, yeah?
And as far as i know, CoD players got banned for cheating. Now you want to ban people who are playing not like you want to play.
Those are very different things.

I have to agree. Cheating and wrong-way wrecking aren't the same thing. That said, I'd like it if you can ban people from rooms that you are hosting. Not GT5 online itself, just rooms that you are hosting.
 
I have to agree. Cheating and wrong-way wrecking aren't the same thing. That said, I'd like it if you can ban people from rooms that you are hosting. Not GT5 online itself, just rooms that you are hosting.

Nah then he gets banned from that room and goes to the next... I remember the standard physics and the pro physics in the online mode in GT5P... It was impossible to do even 1 lap in the standard physics mode in GT5P... Now all those idiots are in the same rooms as the pro physics players...
 
Why should you create 100 accounts only to ban me? Because I´m faster than you?

So you think those idiots online are fair players? Trying to hit you all the time? They only play to hit other drivers, they don´t play to race... It´s like cheating for me and PD must do something...

Create some driver profiles wich shows that drivers skills and wich will block those idiots to race against fair drivers if their profiles are worse... So idiots can race with idiots and can play destruction derby...
Nope, i wrote that just to show you how stupid your idea was, that's all.
Don't like playing with those guys? Host your own room and kick them, problem solved, it's just a temporary solution tho.
I don't remember any rules that said how we must play to GT5. Yes, those idiots... well they are idiots, but they bought the game as well and they can do whatever they want there.
Besides, knowing people... you never would want to give them rights to "vote for bans". You will win a clean race, some kid will be angry and vote versus you, repeat a few times and enjoy your ban.
Leave all that stuff for developers/publishers/hosters.
 
a block or something maybe, but permabann from the whole network could easily be misused by the same jerks you are trying to ban.
 
It's a system that can be easily misused in my opinion.
But I do not wish to start an argument so will leave it at that.
 
Why should you create 100 accounts only to ban me? Because I´m faster than you?

So you think those idiots online are fair players? Trying to hit you all the time? They only play to hit other drivers, they don´t play to race... It´s like cheating for me and PD must do something...

Create some driver profiles wich shows that drivers skills and wich will block those idiots to race against fair drivers if their profiles are worse... So idiots can race with idiots and can play destruction derby...

I thought that was fixed in the last update. EVERY driver who was driving backwards the past few nights on the track turned into ghosts for the rest of the race.
 
Players banning players probably won't work out too well. That's too much power to the players.
 
I think a boot and a ban from a lobby would be sufficient, like in Dirt 2, where the host gets to kick someone and then ban them from returning to their lobby.
 
Psn needs to take a page from live and let you vote on players such that you are less likely to be paired against them in the future and they are more likely to end up with each other.
 
Like people said, cheaters should get bans, but if I'm driving backwards, I shoudln't get banned. As long as it is within the realms what was intented for the game (meaning everything allowed but glitching/exploitation of the system, you should be able to do it with get a permaban.
 
tbh kicking works well enough, most kids dont give the effort to come back.
 
Like people said, cheaters should get bans, but if I'm driving backwards, I shoudln't get banned. As long as it is within the realms what was intented for the game (meaning everything allowed but glitching/exploitation of the system, you should be able to do it with get a permaban.

Go to a real track and drive it backwards. See how long they let you stay. See if they ever let you come back.

Running the race backwards is clearly not "within the [realm] of what was [intended] for the game".
 
Go to a real track and drive it backwards. See how long they let you stay. See if they ever let you come back.

Running the race backwards is clearly not "within the [realm] of what was [intended] for the game".

When I said that, I was talking from a development side of the thing, not real life. You are able to drive backwards in GT5 if you want, it doesn't do much for you, but technically from the development side of things, it is legal. What I mean is that PD purposely allowed you to drive backwards, so therefore it is not cheating/glitching/exploitating. I agree though, the person should be kicked from the room, but not banned.
 
Go to a real track and drive it backwards. See how long they let you stay. See if they ever let you come back.

Running the race backwards is clearly not "within the [realm] of what was [intended] for the game".

But people CAN still do it anyway.
 
IMHO permaban players choice sounds iffy.
But there should be a choice to report.
Theres so many racists (Whites@Blacks,Brits@Americans,etc) that just go beyond the line.Then thers the rammers, the PITers, the foul-mouths, etc.
"Well why don't you just kick them?"
I never host my own lobby, as I dont want to sit there for 30 minutes to get more than 2 people.
"Why dont you just suck it up/mute them/leave?
1. I shouldn't have to suck up anything, I payed $100, the game should accommodate the players
2. Impossible in a race (also Not always smack talk)
3. I shuldnt have to go on another good lobby hunt just because a prick

There should be just a report feature. Press Select- Report XXXXXX player because XXXXXX infraction. 1st offense-24 Hour ban 2nd Offense-1 Week ban 3rd Offense-Permaban.

Even if you leave the lobby/kick/mute the player, Its not "Out of Sight, Out of Mind". They are just going to go harrass someone else. The whole community shouldnt have to deal with these pricks and keep kicking them under the rug, we need a moderation feature
 
This seems like a fairly stupid idea. Players should only be banned if they are cheating, and not if they are just ruining your race...
 
I played online today, my first time in GT5. Was hotlapping on the Nordschleife and a guy named mambo(whatever) drived the NS backwards... Would it not be nice to vote for a permanent ban??

Seriously? People were banned for hacking prestiges and other things. That is quite different from some moron running a track backwards. Players can report other players and that's as far as it will go.
 
Why would you ban someone from using one of the best features of the console forever? Seriously, it's a game. Just ban their PSN, and make all saves for all games PSN specific. When someone screws around long enough to make enough people mad, they loose their PSN, and all their game saves. Good enough reason not to mess up, but doesn't ruin a $300 fricken game console over something retarded. If sony made it so that you ruin your game consoles b/c of a cheat/glitch forever, I do believe I would disown them. Just for the record I play respectably, I just don't think that anything should be that drastic in gaming. If it's that huge of a deal, there should be a test to take to be allowed to play online/buy a console. Again, seriously, it's a game.
 
Brits@Americans

Thats not racism ;). I think you mine "bigots".

Why would you ban someone from using one of the best features of the console forever? Seriously, it's a game. Just ban their PSN, and make all saves for all games PSN specific. When someone screws around long enough to make enough people mad, they loose their PSN, and all their game saves. Good enough reason not to mess up, but doesn't ruin a $300 fricken game console over something retarded. If sony made it so that you ruin your game consoles b/c of a cheat/glitch forever, I do believe I would disown them. Just for the record I play respectably, I just don't think that anything should be that drastic in gaming. If it's that huge of a deal, there should be a test to take to be allowed to play online/buy a console. Again, seriously, it's a game.

Commence disownment so, thats an actual snap of a system thats in place on the PSN, for Black Ops.
 
No thank you, keep that sort of power out of the hands of players as it can turn ugly really quickly. Like people who harass you and then decide to get you banned by voting against you even if you did nothing wrong. I think it's best to use the Live idea, where you would like to avoid a certain gamertag and if you enter a room where that person is it would warn you that you are entering a room with an undesirable gamertag is. Keep banning powers out of the hands of players, banning should only be used for people actually doing things that are against terms of fair play online, such as hacking the game and cheating, those are ban level offenses. As host you should be able to kick players and tag them as unfriendly and they can have their access to rooms you create denied in the future.
 
No you cant' give the power to the players in this case. All you will get is groups of people ganging up on one person and having them get banned for no good reason.
 
No. Call of duty is a law to itself. If they want to hang themselves, go for it.
 
Theres so many racists (Whites@Blacks,Brits@Americans,etc)

:lol::lol:

On topic, I agree with everyone who says driving backwards is not cheating. Its damn annoying when people behave like that but they've every right too.

Not everyone who plays GT is after serious online racing, some just want a fun car game. If that means driving the wrong way, ramming people, doing handbrake turns etc. then thats how they'll enjoy the game.

These people will never be banned.
 
Race with friends only = problem solved.
 
This wouldn't work. I've been booted from so many lobbies just because I was winning. This would end with people being unjustly banned.
 
No thank you, keep that sort of power out of the hands of players as it can turn ugly really quickly. Like people who harass you and then decide to get you banned by voting against you even if you did nothing wrong. I think it's best to use the Live idea, where you would like to avoid a certain gamertag and if you enter a room where that person is it would warn you that you are entering a room with an undesirable gamertag is. Keep banning powers out of the hands of players, banning should only be used for people actually doing things that are against terms of fair play online, such as hacking the game and cheating, those are ban level offenses. As host you should be able to kick players and tag them as unfriendly and they can have their access to rooms you create denied in the future.

I agree with this 100%--a much more elegant solution. I've seen stories from reading these forums of people 'booting' people they didn't like, people with 'strange' PSN names, people from specific countries, you name it. I don't think this kind of power should be given to everybody because there is simply too much room for abuse. It's angry mob mentality justice and it just doesn't work.

As far as driving backwards, games like Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge had an elegant solution to this. If you start to drive backwards. Or even just sit idle for more than a few seconds, (things typical punters do) a warning buzzer would sound and a countdown timer would start. Unless you either turned the car in the right direction or started moving, when the timer got to 0 you were automatically booted from the lobby. It certainly helped but even this will not actually stop a determined punter.
 
Back