GT5-P Speed

• Thread starter Zetec-ss
  • 16 comments
this question has already been answered. Search function comes in handy, I always use it before opening up a new thread. And the answer to your question is: No , sorry!

this question has already been answered. Search function comes in handy, I always use it before opening up a new thread. And the answer to your question is: No , sorry!

I've tried to use the search feature before and I find it useless. The results gives is just a list of threads, and when you click on a thread that potentially has your answer, it takes you to the first page.

I think it needs to be tweaked.

I've tried to use the search feature before and I find it useless. The results gives is just a list of threads, and when you click on a thread that potentially has your answer, it takes you to the first page.

I agree.

You could try using the Advanced Search and selecting to "Search Titles Only". I did a quick test and searched for "kilometers" and lo and behold, results!

You could try using the Advanced Search and selecting to "Search Titles Only". I did a quick test and searched for "kilometers" and lo and behold, results!

its like a GT bible :)

Actually, it doesn't. The search can pretty much find anything for you, you just need to know how to search for it.

I don't remember american version of GT3 or GT4 having kph option for the rest of american countries (say latin america) that use kph instead of mph.

Pal GT's are different. They have to put kph and mph in order to satisfy every country.

Actually, it doesn't. The search can pretty much find anything for you, you just need to know how to search for it.

Ok, so don't leave us hangin'. How is it "supposed" to be used?

I type something in the search box, hit search, it gives me a few results. Let's say I click on the first one and it has 150 pages. I brought me to the first page. That was the 2nd and last time I'll use the search function until it is tweaked.

I expect to be able to type in a couple of keywords, hit search and then it should give me results. If I click on any of the links, it should take me directly to the specific instances where the search criteria tripped the flag. This is how it works on other boards.

Ok, so don't leave us hangin'. How is it "supposed" to be used?
Well...

Imagine this: you work at a company with a gigantic repository. Everything you might need is somewhere in there, you just need to find it. Now, you go up to the guy that gets stuff for you, and tell him that you need a "thingy, big, brown and kinda long". Now, what do you expect of this guy to get you? Could well be what you meant, could be something completely different.

What I'm trying to say is that the results you get when you're looking for something specific very much depend on what you put in, and even more importantly how you put it in.
I type something in the search box, hit search, it gives me a few results. Let's say I click on the first one and it has 150 pages. I brought me to the first page. That was the 2nd and last time I'll use the search function until it is tweaked.

I expect to be able to type in a couple of keywords, hit search and then it should give me results. If I click on any of the links, it should take me directly to the specific instances where the search criteria tripped the flag. This is how it works on other boards.
What you are looking for is to be found under advanced search -> show results as posts. Like I said, you can find pretty much anything here, you just need to give the right orders. :sly:

Thanks Interceptor, I'm not used to having to fiddle with options when things like that should be as default, IMO. You know, like Google, Yahoo, or Ask.com.

Too many options for noObs leads to frustration and unanswered questions.

Actually I'm pretty skilled in using Advanced Search, and the last 5 or so times I've tried it, it failed to give me what I want. Unfortunately the board is huge, and old - a good thing by the way, but it only goes back so far. There's a thread I wanted to find a post I'd made back in 2006, but it only went back so far before Search died out. Earlier posts were buried under a million results. Half the time, I can't find what I want.

Related things, yes, a thousand unrelated things? Hell yes. :P

Back