Votes: 35 5.4%
  • Feels the same to me?

Votes: 162 25.0%

• Total voters

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Didn't see a thread for this, so I apologize if there is one. Mods can move or lock.

What does everyone think of the new physics?

I for one am loving the changes. Things that I noticed right off the bat:

• Better feel through the wheel
  • Small corrections are more subtle (not as twitchy)
  • Suspension feels like it's working correctly (absorbs bumps better)
  • Overall improved for the better

Overall I just feel like I can point the car in the right direction better now. One problem I had with the old physics is that with small corrections being twitchy, I would tend to turn into a corner too fast messing up my line. This is no longer a problem. It's awesome!

Are you using wheel or gamepad?
Overall I just feel like I can point the car in the right direction better now. One problem I had with the old physics is that with small corrections being twitchy, I would tend to turn into a corner too fast messing up my line. This is no longer a problem. It's awesome!

The suspension is definitely better at absorbing bumps. I'm not sure how to explain it properly, but now when you hit bumps and kerbs, the car doesn't feel quite so much like one rigid object that bounces around.

Feels like theres more understeer than before but Racing feels alright but Drifting doesnt feel as realistic as it did before.

Love it too!
And its not THAT different from before, therefore we dont have to relearn to drive :)
Also ABS to 1, 100-0kmh we now ear the abs working through the tires at the very last moment 👍

I think we can see the suspension working better now, and more noticeable even in replays... driving is easier, feels smoother...

Subtle, but noticeable improvement with slipstream on 'Weak' option. Still very questionable - need more testing.

Certainly another step forward to realism.

I felt a massive difference in grip whilst drifting, dare I say actual sim like?

Sounds great, i sooo want this class to be over now lol! x)

No more problems of loosing front traction while going full-lock drifting? (comfort hard)

It feels a LITTLE different, tho i haven't really haven't had a good drive yet. I'll say the ABS at 0 feels a 100x better now.

The suspension is definitely better at absorbing bumps. I'm not sure how to explain it properly, but now when you hit bumps and kerbs, the car doesn't feel quite so much like one rigid object that bounces around.

Exactly. I noticed this after taking the new GT-R around the ring. Doesn't jump around nearly as much. I'll have to test this some more tomorrow by taking a car I know jumps around out to the Ring to see if it's much better.

I had a good indication of what changed tonight when I took my FMSC Miata out to Laguna Seca for some laps. I ran some laps with this combo last night, so it was still fresh in my memory. After doing a few laps tonight, I can definitely feel the difference.

Sounds great, i sooo want this class to be over now lol! x)

No more problems of loosing front traction while going full-lock drifting? (comfort hard)

To be honest I never really loose the front end, the noticeable difference was that the car finally 'sticks' in the corner which I've been hoping for.

Sports Tires seem to be MUCH grippier. My Sports hard Stock GTI time was only a few seconds off my Racing hard time....

Will do a comparison lap with the stock LFA on Nurb tonight (Sport Hards) and I guess that should give me a good view on the changes. Did many laps on that combo the last few days. Can't wait to get home from work.. :D

Checked some of my lap times in "control" cars/conditions and it seems laptimes have dropped, I only checked one car so far but on each track it is faster (2 seconds Nordschleife, 3 tenths Tsukuba). looks like all my tested laptimes are voided for comparison to new set times now.

Draft on weak is simply amazing. The guy behind you slowly gains on you, and I only noticed a 15kph difference (285 vs 300) at no chicane Monza. Overall the game feels simply amazing.

Back