GT5 Picture Of The Week -- *Week One* - CLOSED

Marley-TougeHero
clubmanstageroute511cop.jpg

Theme for the Week:
  • Green On Track

Rules:
  • The photo must be your own work.
  • It must come from Gran Turismo 5, no other game.
  • The picture can be edited in Photoshop for lighting and watermarks. However no cutting and pasting things into the picture.

Judges:
I Think it's fair to see we've got a pretty good judging table?!

The winning picture will be picked on the Sunday of the week at 10PM (GMT) and announce the winner and post their picture below here. Then the next week's theme shall be posted soon after ready for submissions.

Prize:
  • Prize's will be held for special weeks. e.g. Christmas, New Year etc..

The winner will pick the theme for 2 weeks after they win, this gives them time to think of something. They will also get to choose whether or not pictures can be edited outside of GT5 or not for that week.

Winner From Week One
myfirstcarhondacivicek9.jpg

Well done to Sheferd on this excellent picture. A quote from Bram Turismo

"Simple picture, but it works. Composition is spot on.....Love the overall look of the car, the backdrop is perfect and the aperture adds the final touch for a great picture overall. Great work!".

Sheferd will be picking the theme for week 3!

Last edited:
👍
Great idea, way to 'kick off the proceedings'.
Oh, plus I'm reserving my space for my photo :sly:

There are actually plans for two Photomode Competitions coming by the end of the weekend :). They are a continuation of the two main comps that took place during GT4's time: the PMC which will be a Photoshop-free, more approachable, and generally expected to be bigger, and 2.0 Advanced, which allows further post-processing with Photoshop, and tougher competition.

You have forced our hand, Marley ;). A post will be coming very soon :).

I think letting the general public decide would be better. :)

As for a first theme, I would suggest 'your first car'. Many will treasure their first car as it would (hopefully) win the Sunday Cup, and will be useful in future races.

As for a first theme, I would suggest 'your first car'. Many will treasure their first car as it would (hopefully) win the Sunday Cup, and will be useful in future races.

This is a great theme, so great infact that i'll set that as the theme right away! You hit the button.

I agree, letting everyone vote would be best, its always worked that way, but your competition, your choice.

I'll be entering f'sho!

I used to post here some time ago as tapetape and now I'm back here for more!

Just ordered a Playstation 3 Just to play GT5! (and CoD:BO and MGS4 etc etc)

Placeholder post also.

doesn't seem fair to me op is the one doing the judging, I'll pass.

We can work on that if you guys want it to be judged by a table of judges each week, or if you want the community to decide a winner?

This is all a learning curve and something to progress with, not just with GT5 but perhaps into other games too.

What would you like to see? Bearing in mind if the pictures were judged by a panel of judges each week they would be all experienced in real life photography, so they "should" have a knowledge of a good picture. :)

Last edited:
We can work on that if you guys want it to be judged by a table of judges each week, or if you want the community to decide a winner?

This is all a learning curve and something to progress with, not just with GT5 but perhaps into other games too.

What would you like to see? Bearing in mind if the pictures were judged by a panel of judges each week they would be all experienced in real life photography, so they "should" have a knowledge of a good picture. :)

I think people would prefer if the community picked the winner. It gets the community involved in the process.

The competitions in GT4 were run this way. And I run my own competitions this way (I run the two real-life photography competitions. Including the model photography competition, in which my avatar is one of my winners!). However I can understand if you want to do something different and have a panel of veteran judges, or an interchangeable judge panel, with guest judges. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing and if implemented well could provide something unique to the competitions. I am also willing to lend you a hand as well, either with judging or anything else. I hope to enter this week too!

Marley. I think it would be best if you closed this thread and waited a few more days for the real photomode competitions to begin. Some people have been planning and preparing weeks for the first set of GT5 competitions.

To me, it’s really not a great move to start a ‘Week 1’ photo comp without anyone’s approval. ;)

Edit: See this thread 👍 :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133091

Last edited:
Marley. I think it would be best if you closed this thread and waited a few more days for the real photomode competitions to begin. Some people have been planning and preparing weeks for the first set of GT5 competitions.

To me, it’s really not a great move to start a ‘Week 1’ photo comp without anyone’s approval. ;)

Edit: See this thread 👍 :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133091

Despite the fact I do kind of agree, there is nothing to stop someone from running one themselves, separate from the "old guard" as I would put it. While I know they will do a great job (obviously), they also aren't the only ones who can do it. And also, this competition might be run differently as well. Might be nice to get some fresh blood/new ideas to the competitions.

Last edited:
Yeah i understand both of your points you guys :) Both are fair points, i just thought it'd be nice to have a simple competition with very little rules that can run for hopefully a decent amount of time. I was just offering up the idea to get things going in terms of a weekly photo competition. People seem interested to enter it so why not keep it going eh :)

The weekly photomode competition starting this weekend will also be simple, with very little rules. I don’t see the need for two competitions extremely alike, running at the same time.

Once the photomode section settles down a bit, and people want to start seeing a bit of variety in competitions, I say go ahead. For the moment, give newcomers an easier decision and keep it simple. 👍

The weekly photomode competition starting this weekend will also be simple, with very little rules. I don’t see the need for two competitions extremely alike, running at the same time.

Once the photomode section settles down a bit, and people want to start seeing a bit of variety in competitions, I say go ahead. For the moment, give newcomers an easier decision and keep it simple. 👍

Well, I do agree. But, if this one is a judged competition then I believe it to be distinctly different than the existing competitions. Rules have a chance to be tweaked, this is a new competition. At least give someone new the chance, rather than just dismissing it offhand. I don't think newcomers will be "confused". As long as they can read, that is.

There are actually plans for two Photomode Competitions coming by the end of the weekend :). They are a continuation of the two main comps that took place during GT4's time: the PMC which will be a Photoshop-free, more approachable, and generally expected to be bigger, and 2.0 Advanced, which allows further post-processing with Photoshop, and tougher competition.

You have forced our hand, Marley ;). A post will be coming very soon :).

Looking forward to it Slipztrem! Just like old times!

I'm in! *placeholder post*

As well as posting the picture onto this site, would it be easier if one of us were to set up a flickr group? That way, we could all upload our pictures to an easily accessible photo sharing site and if anyone wanted to look at all the picture without the text, they could go there.

I'm in! *placeholder post*

As well as posting the picture onto this site, would it be easier if one of us were to set up a flickr group? That way, we could all upload our pictures to an easily accessible photo sharing site and if anyone wanted to look at all the picture without the text, they could go there.

Great to see you entering :)

Yes!! I was just thinking along the similar lines... i will setup a Flickr Group for this competition and link it in the main post. I'll keep you updated!

Also** Regarding judging i think this weekly competition is going down the panel of judges route with 1 guest judge each week (the winner from the week before). I hope that pleases you all? I know it won't be to everyones liking but it will provide something unique.

* Placeholder Post *
I'm also in since ill be picking the game up in about 4 hours time, One question though as its for the first car we get can we still modify it and such even after we have used the CR to buy it
EDIT My first car on GT5
Kyoto-Gion.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back