GT5 Private server

• Thread starter Radu97
  • 40 comments
GT5 is back online if you are talking about that.
Eh, technically it's not, the servers are still offline. What has happened is after people found the LAN mode, they used Xlink Kai to take advantage of it in order to race people online despite the servers being shut down.
Also does this allow only online races, or everything including the online dealership and stuff as well?
Online LAN races only. Things such as the OCD, Open Lobby and trading are still unusable unfortunately.

Last edited:
Eh, technically it's not, the servers are still offline. What has happened is after people found the LAN mode, they used Xlink Kai to take advantage of it in order to race people online despite the servers being shut down.
Online LAN races only. Things such as the OCD, Open Lobby and trading are still unusable unfortunately.

I know it's not, but to simplify, if set everything up it works exactly like open lobby used to work in the game.

I know it's not, but to simplify, if set everything up it works exactly like open lobby used to work in the game.
Indeed, minus the chat not working anyhow. I figured that was what you meant, but I felt I needed to point that out so people don't misunderstand what has happened. Racing people online in GT5 is back in a sense, but to say GT5 itself is "back online" is overstating it a bit.

While I am glad that online via Xlink Kai is a thing, I still wouldn't mind a new server to take full advantage of GT5's online capabilities, mostly so I can trade cars and tracks again.

Last edited:
Indeed, minus the chat not working anyhow. I figured that was what you meant, but I felt I needed to point that out so people don't misunderstand what has happened. Racing people online in GT5 is back in a sense, but to say GT5 itself is "back online" is overstating it a bit.

While I am glad that online via Xlink Kai is a thing, I still wouldn't mind a new server to take full advantage of GT5's online capabilities, mostly so I can trade cars and tracks again.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. It was overstatement :P but not by much :P
I'd like to be able to trade cars for sure too :) but I don't think nothibg more will come from GT5 so this is huge for me anyways

@nostradavor2 and I have done this (first time tonight for me).

It is epic.

It is a little tricky to do, but with some PM's @nostradavor2 and I could help you through it.

Do it... you wont regret it. I can not recommend this strongly enough.

I bought a "burner" PS3 to do the job - well worth it for about $£50

Last edited:
Hello

I'm also a big GT5 fan and that's why I registered here especially.
My problem is I want to collect all the trophies but I am missing the 2 online trophies.
Therefore, I would like to know that you can also get this with this private server project or is this not possible?

Thank you for your answers.
I apologize for my bad English, I actually speak German.

Back