GT5 Prologue Car List

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 87 comments
Please help me with more cars. I took the cars seen in screenshots and videos of GT5p. Please post pic with new cars in the list. Info about the cars are welcome too.

1. Acura NSX (1991)
  2. Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark (2006)
  3. Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 (2006)
  4. Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic(2007)
  5. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro
  6. BMW 135i Coupe(NEW)
  7. BMW Z4 3.0i (2003)
  8. Daihatsu Copen Active Top (2002)
  9. Daihatsu OFC-1 (2007)(NEW)
  10. Dodge Viper GTS (2002)
  11. Ferrari F430 (2006)
  12. Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium (2007)
  13. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione (1991)
  14. Lexus IS F (2007)(NEW)
  15. Lotus Elise (1996)
  16. Mazda Atenza Sport (2007)(NEW)
  17. Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (R230) (2002)
  18. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR (2005)
  19. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package (2007)
  20. Nissan GT-R Proto (2005)
  21. Nissan Skyline 350GT Sedan
  22. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)(1997)
  23. Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z (2006)
  24. Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 (2000)
  25. Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2008)(NEW)
  26. Suzuki Swift Sport (2007)
  27. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (2000)
  28. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI (2001)

• Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro
    Assuming this will be the same as seen in the demo, then the model year is 2007.

• BMW 135i Coupe(NEW)
    Assuming this will be the same as seen in the demo, then the model year is 2007.

• Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2008)(NEW)
    The demo lists it as being a 2007 model, so at least for the time being you may want to change that as well.
You can also add the 2007 Nissan GT-R to the list as it is in the demo. 👍

Also, it's interesting that while nearly all the cars in the list make an appearance in the demo, but not any of the following:
  • Nissan Skyline 350GT Sedan
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)(1997)
  • Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z (2006)
  • Suzuki Swift Sport (2007)

• Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro

• BMW 135i Coupe(NEW)

• Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2008)(NEW)
    The demo lists it as being a 2007 model, so at least for the time being you may want to change that as well.
You can also add the 2007 Nissan GT-R to the list as it is in the demo. 👍

Also, it's interesting that while nearly all the cars in the list make an appearance in the demo, but not any of the following:
  • Nissan Skyline 350GT Sedan
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)(1997)
  • Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z (2006)
  • Suzuki Swift Sport (2007)

Great research! About the cars not present in the demo... The Xanavi and the Swift could be left out because no class fits their specifications. Maybe those cars are in the demo but never seen since they dont have a purpose anywhere. The Skylines would fit in the EVO, WRX and 135i class so that breaks my thought. Maybe they released most of the screens from the Demo and just a few from the development of the full game.

Thanks for all the info anyway!

I was under the impression that the Swift was a Golf/ Mini Cooper competitor. That class of car (the sport compacts) is available in GT5:P.

And Ive got the sneaking suspicion that we'll see a lot more Super GT cars. Dont forget about the Bandai Dunlop SC that was shown in Famitsu. I dont see why everyone forgets about that car.

I was under the impression that the Swift was a Golf/ Mini Cooper competitor. That class of car (the sport compacts) is available in GT5:P.

And Ive got the sneaking suspicion that we'll see a lot more Super GT cars. Dont forget about the Bandai Dunlop SC that was shown in Famitsu. I dont see why everyone forgets about that car.

do you have a link to the famitsu screen?

I know I haven't forgotten it, but I guess the repeated showing of the Xanavi Z is what throws everyone off.

I can't believe PD decided to include a SL55 AMG instead of the SLK55 AMG. The SLK is much more of a sports car, and fairly good in its class. I mean...the Z4 and TT is there too. The SL55 is just completely crap against the GT-Rs, R8s, F430s as we can see when playing the demo. It's not like we actually get to feel the nice leather, voice control, airscarf and other Mercedes unnecessities.

Add the 10 cars from GT:HD and you're at the 39 cars GT5: Prologue will include

You can't do that of course but I'm sure that will end up being the case

Ive heard that the 3G Vette will end up in Prologue. I recall hearing Kaz say something along the lines that either the HKS Evo or the 3G Vette would end up here.

Ive heard that the 3G Vette will end up in Prologue. I recall hearing Kaz say something along the lines that either the HKS Evo or the 3G Vette would end up here.

I think those are for GT5, it's really hard to tell. Maybe you're right.

Are you referring to the HKS CT230R?

68.jpg

I've never understood why PD always leaves out the everyday drivers, whether it be in the Prologue or in the finished game. I mean, they have a few like the Honda Accord, but wheres it's main compettitor, the Toyota Camry?? Honda Civic...but no Corolla. And like in GT4, they had the Nissan Skyline and Inifinti G35, but they had a Honda Accord Euro R which is also the american Acura TSX, it makes you wonder why they cater to some, but not all.

I've never understood why PD always leaves out the everyday drivers, whether it be in the Prologue or in the finished game. I mean, they have a few like the Honda Accord, but wheres it's main compettitor, the Toyota Camry?? Honda Civic...but no Corolla. And like in GT4, they had the Nissan Skyline and Inifinti G35, but they had a Honda Accord Euro R which is also the american Acura TSX, it makes you wonder why they cater to some, but not all.
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at by everyday drivers. You mean like cars that everyone owns and drives to work in? This list alone has the Mazda Atenza (Mazda6) and a MkIV Golf GTI. And in GT4 I spend more time driving cars under 250hp than anything else. Prologue will have more exciting cars than everyday cars because it is hard to get excited by a list of only 40 cars when they are ho-hum driving to work style cars. When you have 700+ cars there is plenty of room for ho-hum cars.

In fact, somewhere around here is a thread about people buying their real-life car in the game. Sure some cars are missing as a counterpart and whatnot, but it is hard to say what goes on behind the scenes while working with manufacturers and everything. In the case of the Camry: I can only assume that based on the security around the Georgetown, KY plant pre-reveal they weren't leaking anything early, and as older models pale in comparison maybe they just denied all Camrys?

There are plenty of what I would call everyday drivers but while some are missing there are plenty of complaints about what sports cars didn't make it. I would guess that is a good sign of balance, even if regionally or even company to company certain things are better represented. But to say it is catering to some and not others would only be speculation at most as in some cases car companies prefer to cater to some games and not others.

For example: Nissan is using GT5: Prologue Demo and one of the NFS games to get the GTR out there, but there is no news of a DLC GTR for Forza 2.

I don't see why they should cater to all.

For every single car they included, there would be 100 different cars from 100 different people think should be in it. This is why all the car "wishlist" threads are pointless; it is simply nothing more but a venue for people to name an obscure car that no one ever heard of to display their 133tness. 👍

I don't see why they should cater to all.

For every single car they included, there would be 100 different cars from 100 different people think should be in it. This is why all the car "wishlist" threads are pointless; it is simply nothing more but a venue for people to name an obscure car that no one ever heard of to display their 133tness. 👍

I always wondered what those wishlist were good for, now i know. It's like "Look at all the cars I know about!" :lol:

Rocket Punch
This is why all the car "wishlist" threads are pointless; it is simply nothing more but a venue for people to name an obscure car that no one ever heard of to display their 133tness. 👍
Really? I know I've posted cars I've seen because I would really to to drive them, but I sure don't remember putting up a car most never heard of just to look smart and I really don't see that happening so how is that?

Really? I know I've posted cars I've seen because I would really to to drive them, but I sure don't remember putting up a car most never heard of just to look smart and I really don't see that happening so how is that?

The fact still remains that most of the vehicles on those obnoxious lists are just obscure names dragged from the corners of the internet.

And I also dont believe PD should cater to all. Just because Joe Bob drives a Cobalt LT does not mean it SHOULD be in GT. The vehicle should at the very least have either links to motorsports (24 Hours of LeMons does not count) or some historical significance. Kaz himself stated that he wanted GT to be a virtual automotive museum.

A little off topic: I'm wondering if every car (also the one from GT4) will have an incar (dashboard) view or just the new ones.

It would seem kinda strange to not have one... unless they do some generic every-car view. It'd really be exciting to drive some of the older cars too.

+1 to the car list thing. It seems those lists are just an attempt to list every car, ever. Nothing to do with people actually wanting to drive them.

Back