GT5: Prologue Official Ranking Registry goes online on Official web

• Thread starter amar212
  • 44 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
I guess everybody was too excited about update - or just didn't bother to search - but from today there is a Official Ranking Registry available on Japansese GT5:P web.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/ranking/

It's on Japanese respectfully, but navigation is pretty easy by logic dectution.
Since all times for both Time and Drift trials have been resetted for SpecIII update, you'll have to drive your best again.

nws12229209723821375.jpg

All rankings are international, showing top 31(?) drivers per mode/track and settings they used.

You can even sign-in on PSN through the portal - using your PSN-ID details - in order to search your best times per mode/track.

It is another great step-forward for GT5:P, giving us an early peek aboout future of online community integration with the game.

Last edited:
nice find.
hope the same will be available on the english language site.
anyway I no longer have to start my PS3 early in the morning every Monday to write down the local TT results.

Last edited:
Are you still restricted to S2 tires on time trial? I never understood that and it bother me because i love to race with Racing tires (i know, most people going insane with me, but i just like the slicks)

I just don't get why you wouldn't be able to select a certain compound.

Time trials with slicks? that will be boring... theres no challenge to hold the car on the track with slicks... S2 rulez :D

Excellent 👍, maybe GTHDC will get his site up and running again for GT5P now that the ranking data is available online.

Thanks, I never heard about it.

Looks like its working 👍 Would like a N tyres separate table in GT5P to see how people are doing PD. Spec I had it.

jprlx2.jpg

Thanks, I never heard about it.

Looks like its working 👍 Would like a N tyres separate table in GT5P to see how people are doing PD. Spec I had it.

jprlx2.jpg

Oh no, I did a quick hack lap of Eiger testing the oversteer in the 512BB after the update and now my time (which I wasn't trying for hot laps) looks slow :(. Personally I am suprised it is still second :lol:

That and finding out what the car is capable of when I am about to try a car out is the reason I don't like Time Trials for a 'free mode', we need a actual free mode.

GT5net_vidor: Wow! Can you do an english? Pleeeeease! :D

But French is way better than japanese anyway. Thanks!

So does this mean that we have a source from which we can still locate our times notwithstanding the fact our times are resetted after each update?

So does this mean that we have a source from which we can still locate our times notwithstanding the fact our times are resetted after each update?

The info compiled there relies on PS Network so I guess it will be reset if there is a mayor upgrade in the future.

Great site!

I am currently 9th with the California, London TT, Professional. Just noticed that I am the only (fool?) with auto transmission in the top 30.

Does manual give much (any?) of an advantage? Must be a reason why everyone seems to be posting top times with manual!

well, you can stay on gear beyond redline, depending how high the rev limiter is.. advanced drivers can use this to avoid traction loss that could follow when you upshift in RWD cars.

Great site!

I am currently 9th with the California, London TT, Professional. Just noticed that I am the only (fool?) with auto transmission in the top 30.

Does manual give much (any?) of an advantage? Must be a reason why everyone seems to be posting top times with manual!

And generally downshifts are a bit late and can catch you off your power band, at least that's what I found, you can be in the sweet spot of your engine more of the time with manual. Plus its a bit more like driving a real car (note I said 'real', therefore the argument that automatic cars exist in real life still doesn't apply... I am joking for those without a sense of humour) and thats basically why I play Gran Turismo rather than Grid or such things. Well that and because its amazing.

I prefer manual because I can hold a certain gear through a corner even if it's a bit "too low" or "too high". I find it especially important in the S's at Suzuka.

And most cars have better accelleration if shifted beyond the redline. Sometimes there is more power above redline, but mostly it's because your revs don't drop as low after the shift and you stay in the powerband.

Manual is the way to go in most cases.

Widar
GT5net_vidor: Wow! Can you do an english? Pleeeeease!

But French is way better than japanese anyway. Thanks!

circuits name are the same ...
cars name are the same
simulation pro or standard are the same

in fact what translate in english ? :)

tell me and i can try to made this :sly:

circuits name are the same ...
cars name are the same
simulation pro or standard are the same

in fact what translate in english ? :)

tell me and i can try to made this :sly:

I can help you here. It seems little needs changing :D

pic 1: http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03078nc1.jpg
pic 2: http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03079xg9.jpg

Drop-down text boxes:

See pic 1...

+ "Tous les circuits" changed to "All Courses"
+ "Classement toutes voitures" changed to "All-Make Ranking"
+ Text in 'Simulation' drop-down box should be "Standard" and "Professional"

Central text:

+ "Contre la montre" changed to "Time Trial"
+ "Défi dérapage" changed to "Drift Trial"
+ "Tous les circuits" changed to "All Courses" and "Classement toutes voitures" changed to "All-Make Ranking"

Circuit names:

see pic 2...

"Londres" changed to "London"
"Inverse" changed to "Reverse"

Details:

see pic 3 below for comparison:

Some optional text not shown in pic 3...

Transmission: "Automatic" or "Manual"
Driving Physics: "Standard" or "Professional"

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Good stuff,👍 will have to get some rankings online. As a note to the "topic in topic" I prefer to drive Manual than Auto, give's you more control over the Vehicle.:)
Peace,
Rusty*

Back