GT5 public demo locations index.

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 405 comments
I went to four different Gamestops and our Best Buy and nothing. Also I don't remember which other NC member was talking about the Chucky Cheese's commercial and saw the karts but I popped in there too and they had nothing GT related. Oh well at least I tried but Wilmington can be crossed off any list lol :(

That was me. I didn't say they had a demo or kiosk at Chucky Cheese but on their commercial I saw what looked like a GT5 cart on a TV screen in the background. I will keep a eye out in the future I saw it on Nickeloden, watching sponge bob with my daughter. :)

I found a demo in a Target today in Atlanta, I'll post the location it's not on here. I was sadly disappointed in it. :( I hope the real release is different.

Best Buy in Arlington, Texas (1730 Pleasant Place) has a playable demo. Unfortunately when I was there, the game was frozen. Hopefully, that is just a minor snag.

Is the first post being updated at all anymore? Since Canada is still listed as having none...

EB Games on Upper James street in Hamilton has *a* demo... not sure if it's the same as the ones everybody else is getting since I haven't kept track. 5 tracks, 2min time limit, a handful of cars. The game manages to look worse on a 30-something inch LCD than it does if I plug my PS3 into an ancient 14in old-school SD TV in my room due to them not optimizing it... really unfortunate.

Took the F458 around the 'Ring on S2's and it feels very similar to Prologue's 430. Really like how snap oversteer (and over-correction) are treated; I did a few full rotations off into the grass by dropping a tire into it on the gentle high speed left before Aremberg (was very slightly drifting, over-corrected). That felt good, without a doubt. The new track (is it Madrid, or Spain?) was also a lot more fun than I expected. London is such a terminal bore in Prologue, and I haven't liked many of the newer city circuits PD seems obsessed with doing, but this had a nice, even flow in the LP560-4. Damage is on... and I assume they'll be fixing the quite awful clipping issues it brings up. Toscana was pretty easy for the first minute, and I built up quite a lead over the Focus... then the sun went down. Did I miss the button for brighter lights or something?! In cockpit view it's incredibly hard to see where you're going. Cool, but potentially frustrating too.

Also took the SLS around the oval, for the heck of it. All street cars on S2's (only because I've been doing time trials in Prologue on them recently), with all aids set to 0, on Pro physics. The physics are different from Prologue, sure, but people who are worried about being off-pace or taking time to adjust, don't; it's really quite simple, and I was holding drifts fine in all three cars, with the D-Pad!

Why dissapointed? what didn't you like about the Demo?
Could you elaborate?

Sure.

First off, the sound. It's a joke. The cars sound better than GT4 but they now just sound like high revving vacuum cleaners with a hint of an actual car noise.

Second is the handling, it is better than GT5:P in the demo at least it felt like it, but it's still off it seems. The physics seem weaker than previous Gran Turismos...or maybe I've just been playing better games. I found on some settings it's easy for the car to go into a tank slapper that only ends in a crash...which there is FINALLY real body damage though. The cars just didn't feel real physic wise compared to a real car on a real track. It feels very arcade like.

It's not all bad though, the graphics are simply amazing, although I found the graphics during the rally event demo to not look as good. It is a demo and they were probably still fixing things at the time of release.

I also liked the day to night change on the rally stage in the game. It comes quick as it's a three lap race, but it does go from sunny and bright to evening to dark smoothly. I think it will be an amazing piece of work in the final game such as in a 24 hour race. The headlights worked and you got an actual sense of driving in the dark, not like in some games where just the background color turned black. In GT5, it becomes harder to see, there are reflections, etc.

Another thing I liked is tire smoke. Old GT's always had that fake foggy looking smoke. In the demo the smoke is heavy and white and boils from the tires. Even in hard corners if your front wheels lose grip or lock in the in-car dash view you can see some smoke going past the window. It's really cool to spin and there be white heavy smoke mixed with dust and grass shooting up as you skid across off course.

There are horns...which I thought was weird. Pushing down on the left analog stick gives you a beep beep. lol

Overall I liked it, but it didn't feel as I was hoping. Like I said, this is a demo and things can and usually do change between the release of these demos and the actual game. I just didn't get the feeling of a true passionate racing experience as I was expecting. There were two race cars in the demo; a NASCAR and a GTR JGTC car. Both very different to drive handling wise which was good, but you don't get the noise and race car feel you'd expect. The only rally car in the demo was a Citroen I think it was.

This demo had a time limit at the Ring the rest was open.

Is the first post being updated at all anymore? Since Canada is still listed as having none...

This has been an orphan thread for a long time now, the thread owner has been refusing to take the responsibility of updating the front page,
as cowardly as a man refuse to assume responsibility of a child he has conceived and impregnated the woman just for fun...

In this case, we are the single mother, left to raise this thread by ourselves without the dad...

That was me. I didn't say they had a demo or kiosk at Chucky Cheese but on their commercial I saw what looked like a GT5 cart on a TV screen in the background. I will keep a eye out in the future I saw it on Nickeloden, watching sponge bob with my daughter. :)

I know you didn't say there was one, but you said you saw what could possibly be karts. Since it was on the way to one of the Gamestops I just decided to pop in and check it out. I probably looked creepy.

Went looking for one today, Best Buy in Union City, CA has the GT Demo!

31350 Courthouse Dr. Union City, CA

Have pics to confirm, will post soon, (On cell phone)

This has been an orphan thread for a long time now, the thread owner has been refusing to take the responsibility of updating the front page,
as cowardly as a man refuse to assume responsibility of a child he has conceived and impregnated the woman just for fun...

In this case, we are the single mother, left to raise this thread by ourselves without the dad...

Wait... you aren't seriously comparing the two... are you?

3rd one I've come across now ... and this may just open up a can of worms:

WALMART. Yup, they got a hold of the demo now so you guys can expect it to be put up everywhere under the sun and beyond.

Here's the location:

Walmart Supercenter Store
2100 88Th St
North Bergen, NJ 07047
(201) 758-2810

And another great thing, it's open 24 hours. So any time I want to fight off not playing the demo, I've got a 2 minute drive to succumb. Interestingly, the same shopping complex also houses a Gamestop, which was the 2nd location I had found.

Last edited:
Checking the Gamestops and Best Buys here, I noticed that all the Kiosks say "3.40 demonstration build" or whatever and all of them just have MLB and Modnation Racers demos. I would assume that the GT5 Demo is on the 3.50 demo build. so, there's a quick way of checking to see if a kiosk has the demo or not without even having to check the demo section.

I was at Best Buy in Lake Forest, CA and they definitely had the GT5 demo to play there. I played with the 458 and crashed it up. There was also the Toscana track, Nurburgring, etc.

Sorry guys. I didn't have time to take pictures as they were closing in a few minutes and I was buying a laptop.

Best Buy
16171 Lake Forest Dr
Irvine, CA 92618

Soooo haapppyyy! I finally got to play the demo! There is one at (don't know exact address) the EB Games in Pitt Meadows, and the Meadow town shopping thingy. :lol:
In Canada btw.

Well, I just played the Demo and Wanted to share the info. I played at the Best Buy in Lancaster, PA. If you are in Lancaster, PA or in the area, you know that this is the only Best Buy here.

Man what a thrill. I played Toscana with the C4, Nurburgring with the GT-R and Indianapolis Speed Way with Jeff Gordon's Car.

I may go back today and play some more. I am so excited about this game.

5819 Rome Taberg RD, STE 2
Rome, NY 13440

GAMESTOP

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=games...IQpQY&hq=gamestop+rome+ny&hnear=&z=16&iwloc=A

no racing wheel, only a ps controller , no proof, sorry

call them and ask if you want to (315) 339-3084

here are the pics
1021002015a.jpg

Went to Wal-Mart today after school. Looking around the game section, noticed the PS3 running. I said "what the heck" and went to the XMB. To my surprise it had the same GT5 demo that was at Best Buy. And it was hooked up to a far better television than the Sony Bravias than all of the other demos I've seen. It was a big (23" or so) Samsung instead. I can also say that the game looked a lot better on this TV than the Best Buy demo did.

4238 Recreation Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Wal-Mart Supercenter

Checking the Gamestops and Best Buys here, I noticed that all the Kiosks say "3.40 demonstration build" or whatever and all of them just have MLB and Modnation Racers demos. I would assume that the GT5 Demo is on the 3.50 demo build. so, there's a quick way of checking to see if a kiosk has the demo or not without even having to check the demo section.
That's not necessarily true. The one I was at said "3.40 demonstration build" when I went to the XMB.

i know i am off-topic, but i was wondering if the demo can be found anywhere else but on the kiosk demo consoles. dont know what to look for to find this info.

Tried to edit my post and it got deleted..... :confused:

I try again.....I was at Oslo motor show today and tried gt5demo and WOW! I was very impressed by the physics 👍
What I was most impressed by was the rally, had some fear it wasnt going to be that good after the crap rally physics in gt4, but it felt so real and natural. I have played RBR quite alot and I had no problem adjusting to gt5 :)

I won my first race on toscana with no aids and pro AI wich I found strange, slow AI...? I know im a decent rally sim driver, but didnt really expect that. For you guys who have driven the demo or ar going to; best lap with C4 on toscana was 1.49.

Night driving was epic, but a good contrast setting is a must. The first TV I drove toscana on was a bravia with crap contrast setting and driving in night was like driving blind. I got to try a 50" SAMSUNG LED later and finaly the night grapihic shine :)

The FFB was also much better then gt5p, something I am really glad they fixed.

If anyone have a question about gt5demo fire at will..

All I need now is a release date!!

Last edited:
Back