GT5 Random Race Generator

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 36 comments
Haha, yea, hopefully they just need more time to print out more discs for demand? I just changed the theme to my site and I'll be updating the Combo generator fonts to match when I get off work. Man I wish I could get started on the data entry for the cars and tracks because thats gonna suck!

Jerome

Regarding data entry for the cars, all I can say is good luck. :indiff: I won't be able to help you because I don't know when I'll buy GT5, but that shouldn't be soon, as I'm not working now. Probably next year.

You don't need to add all the cars at once, because you'll want to play the game a lot, and also because it's impossible. If you add 50 per day, you'll take 20 days to finish. Well, I guess it doesn't encourage you very much. :indiff:

EDIT: My 100th post. :cheers:

I've essentially finished the GT5 Race Generator. All the cars are entered in, along with the tracks. I may have to shuffle some cars around in different groups on the backend later on, no biggie. But really all that is left is for me to enter in all the tire types available in GT5. I'm sure I have most of them, but that will only take about 10 minutes to update. :) Bookmark it and enjoy!

Vulcao and I have made some ground on the Car Database and we're about to make up even more ground with the next batch of updates, thanks for all your hard work Vulcao! You :sly: dog.

Jerome

We're about to add more specs about the cars, too. That link is only a "demo". Width, height, length, price and category (SUV, coupé, sedan etc) of the cars are some of the specs we will have available soon.

Because I'm a :dunce: I totally forgot to go back and modify things for rally races. You can't race Toscana with Racing Medium tires :lol: So I modified some things. I initially was trying to separate snow tires from dirt tires, but I just followed the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) rule I was taught in college and just did 'Rally tires' which will just have to apply to both Snow ad Dirt tires.

I don't think I'll be able to make exceptions for weather courses and have it include rain tires, mainly because the weather is random, just because it says it might rain, doesn't mean it will. So I will keep what I have. :sly:

Jerome

Back