GT5 ruins all other racing games on the ps3

  • Thread starter Thread starter MC_PEA
  • 40 comments
  • 3,111 views
The same reason I don't play F12010 as often as I should, the slow speed physics and lack of feel.

also sucks that the PS3 version looks worse than on 360, or else I don't have to decide between graphics and wheel support (and sadly I don't have the money for a decent gaming PC right now)
 
The only other game I played on my PS3 was GT5 Prologue, so yes, GT5 ruined that one. Gran Turismo (the series) is the only reason I own a video game console.
 
Ha, this has always been the beauty of GT, all the other games seem rubbish or just a new track and new car for GT. I'll probably be laughed off the web for this but I still play Midnight Club LA, the graphics aren't too shabby and the road racing makes for a completely different experience. The races later in the game are waaaaaay too hard though!
 
I used to play f1 2010 alot but when gt5 came out i havn't play in till today, and when i started playing i found the graphics were so bad I couldn't play it and swichted it off straigh a way but yet I can still get on with playing rfactor and iracing.
I it just me or are you having the same problem?

Try F1 2010 on a PC, they are several graphics mods/updates, you dont miss GT5 graphically speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w0xkEyI_Zs&feature=related
 
The only other game I played on my PS3 was GT5 Prologue, so yes, GT5 ruined that one. Gran Turismo (the series) is the only reason I own a video game console.

GT is the reason I buy PS3 4 years ago. The phat 80G. But then surprise the GT5 still not release. while waiting already buy at least 30 games then the GT5 finally came. I playing GT5 since then. Maybe will stop when Uncharted 3 release.
 
and it doesn´t bother you that there´s no feedback from what the car is doing? or IF you managed it to somehow unlock this feedback, please tell me :)

To be honest I only have a DS3 :grumpy:

From that viewpoint I'll say that F1 has better "road feel" through the controller than GT5 does up until you're just about to spin, then it just sorta happens. Driving off the racing line into the marbles though, or hydroplaning, etc feels much better in F1, again on a DS3.

I mostly prefer the racing/qualifying/flags etc by wide margin over GT5s racing. I do however still play a fair amount of GT5 just doing time trials in my favorite cars. They're both excellent games that aim to do very different things. I don't see them as an either/or.
 
GT5 ruins all other racing games on the ps3

Yes GT has that effect on other games.The ''feeling'' you get with GT is second to none,meaning you have a massive amount of feedback through the wheel.
Combine this with a good sound system/headset,and you get the ultimate Driving/racing feel. The thing i'm getting at is,You/I can feel exactly what the car is doing just by touching the wheel. No other game i have played even came close to this ''feeling''. And that's what makes GT so great IMO.

👍
 
That's always been the beauty of the Gran Turismo series and it's why, despite all its flaws, I'm satisfied with this game. At the end of the day, nothing comes close in terms of realism of the driving experience and that is why we play, isn't it? Everything else seems like a half assed arcade racing game by comparison. Just as an example, I have gotten endless enjoyment out of racing one car (M3 CSL) on one track (Nordschiefe) and I don't see myself getting bored out it anytime soon because, with the G27 wheel, it's that good. I've literally done that race several dozen times a week at least for the past 2 + months. That's why we play, nothing else comes close.

You're right. Personally I've been doing the Nord with the F1 Ferrari '10. It's beyond awesome, though I don't have a G27 (only a DFGT). I tried F1 2010 and I really think it's a good game. But GT5 is superior.
 
I did the same thing. Trying F1 2010 out a few days ago and i found it fun, but the framerate drops at monaco where horrible. I might give it a try again tonight at another track that don't have that kind of problem. GT5 is just too smooth, too good looking and too well made. We all complain about it, but fact is (for me personally).. i have only played Black ops a few hours and the same with F1 2010 after getting this game. It is really the only game i play on my PS3 right now.
 
You're right. Personally I've been doing the Nord with the F1 Ferrari '10. It's beyond awesome, though I don't have a G27 (only a DFGT). I tried F1 2010 and I really think it's a good game. But GT5 is superior.

really? imo the lm and formula cars are way too fast to have fun on the ring (even if i manage to drive those cars quick at nur). think with cars like mercedes sls etc. it´s much better. :)
 
I did the same thing. Trying F1 2010 out a few days ago and i found it fun, but the framerate drops at monaco where horrible. I might give it a try again tonight at another track that don't have that kind of problem. GT5 is just too smooth, too good looking and too well made. We all complain about it, but fact is (for me personally).. i have only played Black ops a few hours and the same with F1 2010 after getting this game. It is really the only game i play on my PS3 right now.

Monoco does have some obvious FPS drops on a few corners. Enough of a drop that it makes the corner more difficult. I haven't noticed it on any other track though.

GT does have some obvious screen tearing though. (I think that's the term, the nasty horizontal lines that cut across) It looks worse and happens in more situations, but doesn't impact my driving as much if at all.
 
Back