Gt5 server error?

• Thread starter HksDrifter
  • 9 comments
England
Brighton
jmd_topgear
Every time I start up gt5 it's takes ages to load on the gran turismo 5 screen then it says
'A connection to the server could not be established.'
Then (ID = 1:656) but then I tried it again and I got (ID = 1:545) then when it finally loads the main menu the cursor doesn't appear so I can't go on anything and I have to reset the game. Then I get another error. What's wrong and how do I fix it?

Also the only way I can even play gt5 is if I sign out and play offline which means I can't use anything online which is the only reason I even still play gt5 any more

HksDrifter
Every time I start up gt5 it's takes ages to load on the gran turismo 5 screen then it says
'A connection to the server could not be established.'
Then (ID = 1:656) but then I tried it again and I got (ID = 1:545) then when it finally loads the main menu the cursor doesn't appear so I can't go on anything and I have to reset the game. Then I get another error. What's wrong and how do I fix it?

Sounds like either your game data installed on the ps3 is corrupt, try re installing? Or your Internet connection is not working? Other than that not sure. Good luck with fixing it though.

BNGTracer
Sounds like either your game data installed on the ps3 is corrupt, try re installing? Or your Internet connection is not working? Other than that not sure. Good luck with fixing it though.

Well when I do an Internet connection test on my ps3 I get
Obtain IP address Succeeded
Internet connection Succeeded
PlayStation Network Failed

So I have connection but no psn

Ok now I try the connection test again and I get psn succeeded? But I get stupidly slow download and upload speeds.

Then I run gt5 again and I get a completely different error this time it's (ID = 1:536)

Last edited:
Same here! i've been trying all weekend to sort it out tried everything. Still getting the error and can't get online. Anyone managed to fix this?

If its still not back up the reason is likely the same as for UK ISPs....
UK ISPs are having major routing Errors caused buy cheap third partys internet backbone equipment companies are using.
If your ISP provides Proxy services to fix these, you may need 1 for your ISP

Virgin media do provide this service as an example in UK.

webcache.virginmedia.com
Port 8080.
is entered in to the PS3 network set up.

and GT5 online comes back...

Mine did this before I downloaded Spec 2.0. Loaded up GT5 expecting to see- "An update needs to be installed"- and instead got connection to server could not be established. Eventually I went into the PSstore to see if I could download it from there (wishful thinking) and nothing so I loaded the game back up and it worked fine :indiff:

Thanks for your advice guys but I just ran another Internet connection test and I've got succeeded on psn this time and also I have a decent download and upload speed so I'll run gt5 and try it

EDIT: awesome i just ran gt5 and I got no connection errors and its working fine now so I think that my connection was going dodgey yesterday

Back