GT5 Supra RZ

• Thread starter mchowgtr
  • 59 comments
Just finished looking at some forza 4 replays of the Supra RZ and coming from a supra owner the car does not look right at all in forza Looks much more accurate in gt5 even as a standard. Forza doesn't even have the correct hubcaps on the wheels they've got the usdm hub caps on a JDM model.

This thread might have some value if you post pictures of each, real life, GT5, and FM4. 💡

Amount of Supra's in Forza - 1
Amount of Supra's in GT5 - 9001

Bottom line is GT5 probably has every single variation of the Supra since it's release, meaning every detail on each variation is going to be spot on. T10 probably just whacked out a Supra as quick as they could. But eh, I'm not one to nitpick. Not really into JDM unless it's the RX-7's.

yeah I agree with CSL I haven't driven the FM4 on Forza. However, this wouldn't be the first time I heard car modeling is off on FM4. Especially with the Enzo front end.

Of the road Supra's there are 4. You have the '89 Turbo A 3.0, the '90 Twin Turbo R, the '97 SZ-R and the '97 RZ. The rest of the Supra's in the game (another 5-6) are JGTC/Super GT cars. I don't know where you get 9001 from.

That's why I said probably. Either way they've got more Supra's than you can shake a stick at.

There are 4 that I'm aware of, plus a few race cars. And sadly, none of them can get 1,000 hp with a tiny usable rev range any more. That used to be so much fun.

EDIT: Too slow.

Of the road Supra's there are 4. You have the '89 Turbo A 3.0, the '90 Twin Turbo R, the '97 SZ-R and the '97 RZ. The rest of the Supra's in the game (another 5-6) are JGTC/Super GT cars. I don't know where you get 9001 from.

He wasn't being literal so not sure why you guys are taking him word for word. Also I don't think that's all of them. Cause there is JZA70, GA70, and MA70 are all MK. III turbo Supra's, then you have MK IV with and without twin turbos. The euro MK IV had an air intake on the hood. Also the Japanese version and American versions used different turbos one with Ceramic turbine fans and the other was the garette all steel ball bearing. These are all things GT had access to and that is what he meant. As far as apperance there isn't too many differences.

He wasn't being literal so not sure why you guys are taking him word for word. Also I don't think that's all of them. Cause there is JZA70, GA70, and MA70 are all MK. III turbo Supra's, then you have MK IV with and without twin turbos. The euro MK IV had an air intake on the hood. Also the Japanese version and American versions used different turbos one with Ceramic turbine fans and the other was the garette all steel ball bearing. These are all things GT had access to and that is what he meant. As far as apperance there isn't too many differences.

From the master car list here:
Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 Standard
Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 Premium
Supra RZ '97 Standard
Supra SZ-R '97 Standard
Supra au Cerumo JGTC '01 Standard
Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC '97 Premium
Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC '00 Standard
Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC '01 Standard
Supra Denso Sard JGTC '00 Standard
Supra WoodOne Tom's JGTC '03 Standard
Supra Yellow Hat YMS Super GT '05 Premium

People don't take him literally, but saying "9001 Supras" sounds like there are tons of them, which isn't true.

Bottom line is GT5 probably has every single variation of the Supra since it's release, meaning every detail on each variation is going to be spot on. T10 probably just whacked out a Supra as quick as they could. But eh, I'm not one to nitpick. Not really into JDM unless it's the RX-7's.

I think you may be confusing Supra with Skyline :sly:

The Supra RZ finally sounds accurate, at least! Got one with 390HP, sports suspension and soft sport tires. It´s a fine grand tourer, I must say and it feels lighter than it actually is.

As for the Supra being unnacurate in Forza, I don´t know. Every game that has had the Supra in it, looks different and has different specs than the ones in Gran Turismo.

Since this thread is still useless, here's a pic from FM3.
I don't own FM4, so I can't get pictures from that, since nobody's sharing pictures from that, I won't bother taking one from GT5.

1998_toyota_supra_10_1.jpg

Also, the Celica XX is the JDM name for the USDM Celica Supra.

Forza doesn't even have the correct hubcaps on the wheels they've got the usdm hub caps on a JDM model.
This would be something I would be more concerned about if GT5 wasn't a complete and total joke with how terrible it is in regards to accurately modelling USDM and EDM versions of Japanese cars.

AWD Mitsubishi 3000GT SLs, anyone?

Also, the Celica XX is the JDM name for the USDM Celica Supra.

This would be something I would be more concerned about if GT5 wasn't a complete and total joke with how terrible it is in regards to accurately modelling USDM and EDM versions of Japanese cars.

AWD Mitsubishi 3000GT SLs, anyone?
You mean like the "premium" 91 Acura NSX with 02 taillights or something of that nature? (yes they fixed it eventually)
Anywho, looking like this was just a trolling thread anyways.

I'm a little bemused by all the "why take 9001 comment seriously" comments... Let's see, 9001 vs 4. Clearly the 9001 remark meant that there's a ton of Supras. When there's 4.
Guess there's 15,558 Corvettes then. Still stupid, and an incorrect exaggeration.

Interesting so how do they handle in game vs your real life Supra?
Just finished looking at some forza 4 replays of the Supra RZ and coming from a supra owner the car does not look right at all in forza Looks much more accurate in gt5 even as a standard. Forza doesn't even have the correct hubcaps on the wheels they've got the usdm hub caps on a JDM model.

Interesting so how do they handle in game vs your real life Supra?

Wait, you actually believe random new members with no profile information hardly at all, in the blink of an eye that they own cars like this?
At the very least a picture with someone holding a username and "GTPlanet" sign will do. ;)

You mean like the "premium" 91 Acura NSX with 02 taillights or something of that nature? (yes they fixed it eventually)
Anywho, looking like this was just a trolling thread anyways.
No. That was just a silly screwup, and they fixed that quickly enough. And besides, the Acuras are the only cars in the game that PD bothered to make accurate to real life when they modeled the regional differences.

I'm talking about all of the cars in the game which are labeled as being USDM or EDM model variations but have JDM or made up specs (or the dozens that are labelled as being USDM or EDM models when in real life there was no such thing). Making sure that the car drives in a way that resembles the real life model (or, at the very least, exists) seems a hell of a lot more important to me than fretting because they put the wrong wheels on the car.

No. That was just a silly screwup, and they fixed that quickly enough. And besides, the Acuras are the only cars in the game that PD bothered to make accurate to real life when they modeled the regional differences.

I'm talking about all of the cars in the game which are labeled as being USDM or EDM model variations but have JDM or made up specs (or the dozens that are labelled as being USDM or EDM models when in real life there was no such thing). Making sure that the car drives in a way that resembles the real life model (or, at the very least, exists) seems a hell of a lot more important to me than fretting because they put the wrong wheels on the car.
Actually from what I see, the wheels are correct, it's the center "hubcap" the OP is claiming issue with. That's all. (And no picture of real world Supra to even back it up)
But as we know people hold other games to higher standards then GT quite commonly.

I know you said before about a bunch of the roadsters, you wouldn't happen to have compiled a list anywhere, would you?

1997_toyota_supra_4_000_94227923576258419.jpg

Nevermind, the OP was dead wrong anyway. :lol:

I DO NOT KNOW WHY they do not have a supra in the premium section why!!!!!!!

Because Toyota doesn't want you to remember that they used to make awesome cars that were all killed off.

I mean, at one point in the mid nineties there was a Toyota that had an available five speed manual, available AWD (otherwise RWD), was mid engined and had a Supercharged engine option that later became the ONLY engine option.

It was called the Toyota Previa. It was a Van.

Anyways, remember that there are three criteria that goes into cars being selected to be put into a GT series (and thus cars that are selected to be Premium)

1. Cars that Yamauchi-san and PD want in
2. Cars that we (the GT fans) want in
3. Cars that the manufacturers want in

I imagine that Toyota could easily influence what they want to see Premium-ized first if things got rushed and the game needed to get to market quick (which it did, since Kaz apparently wanted two more years). And if I'm a company, I want to promote my new cars and new technology so that people see the Toyota of today, rather than the Toyota of yesterday. Honestly though... it wouldn't explain why the 3.0GT got the Premium treatment over the three much superior versions.

Last edited:
I think the 9001 reference that was made is one of the dragonball z references (ITS OVER 9 THOUSAND!) thats why I think it was made not to be taken litarally

This thread sooo reminds me of why I stopped coming to GTPlanet for a good while. Too many dudes with waaaay too much spare time arguing about something completely pointless. Well, I'm back, which makes me one of these dudes. :indiff:

Who cares if it isn't 100% accurate really, I would much rather have forza's interpretation of a Supra over the last gen modelling we got.

... it wouldn't explain why the 3.0GT got the Premium treatment over the three much superior versions.

Which invalidates the theory altogether, imo.

Well, I'm pretty sure the Turbo A is a bit of an icon in Japan, what with it being a Group A homologation model and all, and there only being 500 (ish) ever made. It was also the "baddest" Supra available until the 1JZ engines appeared. So that would probably come under the first two of Snaeper's criteria.

I'd rather the Twin Turbo R were premium; I've good memories of that car from GT2 onwards. The JZA80 should obviously be premium, too, but presumably neither of these are as rare as the Turbo A.

Back