GT5 True to the Swap Hybridz LEGIT Swaps Thread

• Thread starter FastAShecK
  • 43 comments
I built a C7 ZR1, well 2 actually, One a Stock Spec (kinda) The other a Tuned Edition (work in progress). The first has the LS9, gearbox, suspension and LSD from the '09 ZR-1., all in stock spec and settings.

Corvette ZR1 (C7) Ptototype '14 Stock Spec
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_5_zps519de8d5.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_4_zpsa45aa494.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_3_zps62f7deb8.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_zps78f5fc6b.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_1_zps56dbaa99.jpg

She Drives great Very close to the '09 ZR1 (Obviously) but the slight differences show. The STD Suspension is garbage, and the ZR1 components really help out the handling. The C7 as we have it in GT5 is a Base model, not even the ZO6 edition so the stock C7 is not as we have come to expect getting spoiled with ZO6's and ZR1's lol.. My ZR1 C7 gives her that treatment, maybe Ill even put together a C7 ZO6...

The second will be tricky, since the C7 has no modifications allowed, its impossible to tune the C7 from the tuning menu as we do other cars. So I will swap the components on a '09 ZR1 (chassis, body, etc) using the 09 ZR1's adjustable parts I will tune the car. Once she is tuned up right, I will apply the parts and settings to my C7.

The only disappointment in the build so far is the C7 is un-paintable even with Hex. I would of liked to use the Blue off the '09 ZR1 but it's all good.

I do not know if then intend to release another ZR-1 on the C7 platform, but with the Camaro ZL-1 getting released, I hope they do. Will they keep the LS9 the same, or improve its performance? I don't know. So many questions, I couldn't wait to build one of my own :)

Last edited:
I know of the Gold Delorean, nice job on that one Bro

The Delorean Chassis is made (sorry, "designed") by Lotus, and very similar to the Espirit, I got the V8 out of the 350 Espirit :D in my Silver Chrome DMC-12 However the Grand Nats Power plant is an awesome swap, too bad the one in the video was having issues, would of been nice to see it roar in full force.

Last edited:
Thanks to FastAShecK for putting me onto this one. :-)

Kyoto-Gion_2_zpsef838fe1.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_3_zps6eca93e8.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_4_zps1cbb463f.jpg
Kyoto-Gion_5_zps0caaea5d.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_6_zpsfcfcdc24.jpg

Twin turbo 465ci Chev from Chapparal 2J, 6 speed from C6 Corvette ZR1, Cherry Black Pearl and 1000ish hp...

I've also built the VW GTI W12 650 using engine, trans, drivetrain etc from the Nardo Concept. No pics yet though. :-)

Here we go.

Ahrweiler-Street_zps982ec91e.jpg

Ahrweiler-Street_1_zps551e762d.jpg

Ahrweiler-Street_2_zpsbd1fc2e0.jpg

Ahrweiler-Street_3_zps0cd615b1.jpg

Ahrweiler-Street_4_zps266f2a7f.jpg

I know, it just looks like a lowered white Golf. 654hp and tops out at around 340kph. Spins quite easily as well. Lol. :-)

Last edited:
Been playing around with the diesel engines, and what cars they work best with. So far the mid sized and small coupes are the best fit, rx7 fr-s etc.....1000+ft lbs of torque in a 1100-1200kg car is quite fun! Working on a performance diesel M5 right now...

Been playing around with the diesel engines, and what cars they work best with. So far the mid sized and small coupes are the best fit, rx7 fr-s etc.....1000+ft lbs of torque in a 1100-1200kg car is quite fun! Working on a performance diesel M5 right now...

Has that been done to a RX-7 IRL?

Thanks to FastAShecK for putting me onto this one. :-)
I know, it just looks like a lowered white Golf. 654hp and tops out at around 340kph. Spins quite easily as well. Lol. :-)

I made me one with a Scirocco and did a 4-motion conversion & added a S/C :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8417829#post8417829

Anyone know of a good chasis swap for the premium M5? Closest one I could find was the speed 12 and its a little shorter and slighty wider than I need.

Back