GT5 Update 2.09

The Weider Honda sounds very sharp now on my Big Home Theater. Just like the Youtube Videos would sound, if they where recorded with proper equipment. That goes for the replay fly-bys. For the onboard sound - we all know about the absence of "imperfect" sounds in gt5, so yes, it sounds unnatural...

MÜLE_9242;7782339
So people ***** and moan, then when PD finally listens, they still ***** and moan. There's a very good reason why SimonK is on my ignore list.

Thanks Jeff! :) PD also gave me a shiny new F40!

So I'm not the only one he has harrassed and annoyed with his constant negativity? Can't say it surprises me, shouldn't expect any less from a person who hates GT, yet is on a GT forum

I'm not sure if I was imagining things, but after the last online handling update all of my cars started understeering violently, after changing the nose height I managed to fix most of them but the feeling was still there.

I'm just updating GT5 now so I'm really hyped to see how it's changed

I'll edit this once I've played around a bit, as if anyone cares what I think ^_^

Edit: My cars are understeering less than before, the physics feel more like how offline felt which is a massively welcome change. Now to change all of my settings again T_T

Last edited:
I remember that the 86/FR-S/BRZ would violently oversteer at the Foxhole whenever I would drive the Ring online. I can confirm that it has now been fixed! :D

The offline and online physics are much much closer now than ever before. Thank you for this surprise update PD :D

I've been testing the Silvia RM at Indy Road Course for the last couple of days. The car feels the same but is an easy .75 seconds slower per lap after the update. Not a huge deal, but the grip level has changed slightly I think.

Moving around in the menus, loading of screens and getting into my own lobby are significantly faster after the update. It was fast like this before but over time got slower and slower.

Anybody else notice the music logo popping up in the right hand side every so often? Not sure why it is yet, but I bet one of you will enlighten me...

Are the fuel issues solely in endurance?

If not, then the attempt to fix the Priuses probably did it.

Online physics are like offline. I am very happy

Wow, nice surprise PD, now I can drive cars with comfort hard tires with less worry of easily losing grip ;) This is perfect for 400pp races.

I bet the Tuning Garage guys who have tuned literally thousands of cars with the old online physics won't be very happy...lol..:crazy:

I bet the Tuning Garage guys who have tuned literally thousands of cars with the old online physics won't be very happy...lol..:crazy:

Hopefully it's a sign GT6 will have one physics model and online/offline won't matter.

Hopefully it's a sign GT6 will have one physics model and online/offline won't matter.

Definitely, it's a necessary step in the right direction, but you gotta feel for the tuners. They have helped literaly thousands, perhaps ten's of thousands of people get more enjoyment out of the game for no reward other than personal satisfaction. This cockup between online and offline physics and the ever changing physics/tire/grip/tuning parameters is the reason I never started a Tuning Garage because your entire body of work can be completely obsolete overnight.

A quick test at Indy oval shows the fuel burn rates.Outlap and 1 flyer in a HSV.Liters used from steering wheel display.

Normal-4L
Fast-8L
Very fast -16L

MSTER232
As for the rollovers giving up at 80-45 degrees, I think Kaz stopped it there so that online trolls wouldn't go around flipping everyone over. At least for me, that would be even more annoying :banghead: .

EDIT: ^ looks like that Bentley Speed 8 has a gas milage of 0.00001 mpg. And even I thought any car that only does 10-25 mpg was bad :lol: .

Ah yes.makes perfect sense.damn trolls :grumpy:

I have this recurrent problem in the 24H le Mans, completely ruining it: some of the opposition suddenly driving at a sedate 80 km/h, or thinking they are on the wrong tyres or whatever when resuming a suspended game and the loading screen shows a change in weather.
And so I delete the game and am in the process of reinstalling it ...only to see there's a new update, bleh. Although by now I rather doubt my issue has been fixed. I looked through the threads and can't find it mentioned?

witham
Has anyone got a video of the new HSV sound update yet?

Uploading one now.

Also ones with endos aka stoppies like in my profile picture.

ORPHANTHIRTY7
Well i have a friend in my lounge i gave him the tune to my VW BUS and we are doing it. But instantly we both noticed that he couldn't see me do the end of and I couldn't see him do it. So i am a little disappointed. But it's still great

ORPHANTHIRTY7
This is what I was talking about above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbkEIAE3X7M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am going to try a wheely next

Wheely yes

But same senaryo with the endo.

Here's the wheely video. I was just doing the easy stuff first

Last edited:
LoL 25 mpg bad. Only in the world where 180 HP is fast. I get excited when my stuff get over 20 mpg. ;)

25 miles per (imperial) gallon is pretty poor. Anything above 40 is good, above 30 is competent.

25 miles per (imp.) gallon is ~20 miles per (US) gallon. 👍

Also bear in mind the ridiculous fuel prices in the UK.

Great news about the physics change. 👍

Great about the physics being online the same or at least close to the one's offline! The Pescarolo Peugeot C60 handles so good offline, then online it's a wreck. So stinkin sensitive. I hope it's fixed.

MÜLE_9242
So people ***** and moan, then when PD finally listens, they still ***** and moan. There's a very good reason why SimonK is on my ignore list.

Thanks Jeff! :) PD also gave me a shiny new F40!

You can ignore people!?!? Good god I was just thinking I'm going to have say good bye to gtp but hooray I can just ignore the very vocal minority of gt5 haters on here, I've been getting seriously fed up of continually having to justify myself to these people for enjoying playing gt5 over the past 2 years every time I come on here, maybe its time to turn the tables on them and have them justify why they come on a gt fan site if they're just going to hate on it all the time? Actually don't bother I don't want or need to read anymore of their smart alex replies on why they're always right and only their opinion should matter, IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just me. But it seems like the other cars sound slightly better as well, not just the Weider

Is this just my imagination or has anybody else noticed anything different?

Johnnypenso

But i have said before many times. The physics offline were always better than the online. Me and my buddy are about to do some serious testing to see if they match up.

UrieHusky
Maybe it's just me. But it seems like the other cars sound slightly better as well, not just the Weider

Is this just my imagination or has anybody else noticed anything different?

Yes R33 premium. Racing Exhaust seems better

Latest Posts

Back