GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,863 comments
Famine, did you happen to pick the same starting uniform on all the different saves you started to test this?

I was thinking maybe the starting lineup depends on the uniform you pick at the beginning of the game (which would be nice, considering there's only twelve to worry about).

It would be, yes. But no, my saves all had different suits.

By the way, if you check out your Saved Game Data on the system, it shows:

Play time: (in game days)
Current Credits
Current Car

Just thought I might let you know that. :)

I've attached the first 150 days (924 cars) of my used car rotation. As with Famine's lists, do with it what you will, except claiming that it's your own effort.

One thing to note: it reads from bottom left to top right of the in-game used car dealership, since new cars are always added to the top of that list. If this is a problem then sort by day (ascending) then car count (descending).

Slip, it would be interesting to know if your starting list was different as well.

Attachments

• UsedRotation_Khaddar_Day150.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 388
I've updated mine to day 81 and added a complete lsit tab on the end with a first day column.

Khaddar - Interesting news. Your Day 2 is identical to my Day 36. And in fact every successive day is also identical...

*does big old grin*

Now that is interesting. So it appears that the Day 1 car list isn't part of the rotation as such, and we should actually have been asking people to compare Day 6 lists. However, if your list is only 34 days behind mine I suspect I should give up on expecting mine to catch up with yours - I'm assuming that a complete rotation will be over 1000 days at the moment.

Your day 1 is also the same as my days 31-35 put together.

Though it looks like the cars might be in a different order within each hextet, they still appear as that hextet in a predictable order, and the top hextet of your day 1 is my day 35 hextet, the next is the same as my day 34 hextet - and so on.

Judging by the rate of car appearances so far and the possibility that they're only appearing in one colour each (huh?), I can downgrade my estimate to probably no more than 200 days. So I suspect you're nearly there, actually.

I just found (and bought) the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 on the used list. That car doesn't appear in either Famine or Khaddar's lists. I'm somewhere around day 300 in the game.

These are the six used cars that were "Just In" on that day.

Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '99
Honda NSX Type S Zero '99
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91
Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '96

Three of those cars (M3, NSX, Silvia K's) don't show up at all in either list. Nearly identical cars (e.g., 'NSX Type S Zero '97) do, but not identical.

Also, I am certain I've seen the Caterham Seven Fire Blade go by (not in either list), and I have not seen the Nomad Diablo go by.

I think it's more complicated than an 81 day rotation. Besides, 81 days is only 486 cars, and there should be closer to 800 cars in the rotation.

It's not an 81 day rotation - who said that? Khaddar is on day 150!

It is, though, just a straightforward rotation. The start point seems bafflingly random - one list starts with my days 31-35. Another list I've seen starts with my day 1 list less two cars and with two additional cars from my day 2 list and progresses exactly in that manner. So the one thing I can say for certain is that your six cars above will appear grouped together on everyone's lists - though they may be spread over two days.

There is, sadly, no easy way to express this in post one so that people get the right list.

The only crappy thing is, there are over 800 standard cars to rotate through the Used car garage. With only 30 cars per list, it might take a while for some cars to pop up. Like, I've yet to see the Spyker C8 or the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo. However, there are several cars that will appear pretty regularly. Like, there's usually a few skylines, civics and miatas every time.

This list should be helpful for me. I am waiting for the Spyker, NOMAD Lambo and the Skyline Midnight Purple III.

I have seen the Spyker on several occassions, I also bought 1 since I am from the netherlands myself ;)

Anyway, I can trade it if you don't have it by now yet.. I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough again. If you're interested just add me, my PSN ID is 'EvilEyez'

I've attached the first 150 days (924 cars) of my used car rotation. As with Famine's lists, do with it what you will, except claiming that it's your own effort.

One thing to note: it reads from bottom left to top right of the in-game used car dealership, since new cars are always added to the top of that list. If this is a problem then sort by day (ascending) then car count (descending).

Slip, it would be interesting to know if your starting list was different as well.

I think I'm nearing completion now but, I don't have much time left before xmas so I will share now. I think it is fair to assume that the used car cycle is on a two year rotation based upon how far in I have progressed and how many cars haven't shown up yet.

I have compared my list with Khaddar's, and find a similar pattern to what Famine has suggested above, in that I have five matching cars in any given day but my sixth car occurs a day later. That pattern is continuous.

Famine, I think this can also help you complete you 'Car Database''; I have all but thirty or so cars and many of those are prize cars which I have but haven't included because I couldn't buy them.

It would be good to compile our data collectively eventually as we all seam to have picked on different statistics; I went for car dimensions rather than colours or mileage!

Dan.

Attachments

• Fastas_GT5_Car_Database - d579.zip
    155.2 KB · Views: 359
Heh, interesting.

I assume you've put the stats in for how they appear in the dealership rather than after you've bought them (primarily because you probably won't have had enough money to buy one of everything)?

Yes, the premium models and standard models are dealership and used car lot data respectively. The sum total of the value of the cars on that list is over 413 million credits, I haven't managed to accumulate that much yet, I estimate I will be close though after another 10,000 days. :crazy:

The values I have used for the used cars is based upon the first value of that particular model I have come across. I did look at a few examples on Khaddar's list but there appears to be variation with every appearance within the cycle.

Definitely some interesting developments today! I'd got my list up to day 200 by this morning but had to go out before I had time to respond to Famine and kbob's posts. After 200 days (1224 cars) I have 620 unique cars found, so I knew there was still some way to go...

Fastas, I think your estimate of 2 years sounds reasonable given how close you are to a complete list, though I'm not entirely convinced that it will repeat as soon as it is complete. As for what we're capturing, I think we all had slightly different motives - my only interest was in tracking the rotation, for which colour and mileage would be more relevant than car attributes. Of course, that was before it became apparent that there's no variation in colours, nor much in mileage in most cases.

Used car values are based on a standard value less a deduction for mileage. You can work this base value out if you have two examples of the car with sufficiently different prices - if they're too close together then you can only get a vague approximation. This base value is pretty much irrelevant though. Some cars also appear with 300000km+ on the clock; these appear to have the same value as they would if they'd travelled 300000km less.

Hi guys

This may be a stupid question but does that mean say if your day 36 is my day 1. If change your day 37 to my day 2, your day 38 to my day 3 etc... the list will be correct for 5 of the 6 cars with 1 random one?

Ive been trying to get my head round this and it's completely confused me!

Hi guys

This may be a stupid question but does that mean say if your day 36 is my day 1. If change your day 37 to my day 2, your day 38 to my day 3 etc... the list will be correct for 5 of the 6 cars with 1 random one?

Ive been trying to get my head round this and it's completely confused me!

You're close.

What it is looking like currently is there is a master order to the cars in the used car lot. The tricky part is figuring out where yours starts. The cars are not grouped so that the same six cars appear together but that the order that they appear will be the same so it is possible that the first three will show up on day 2 as the most recent cars and the next three will show up in the next day (day 3).

I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what the list is starting to look like. As far as I know no one has gotten far enough into their list to see it start back over again.

Ah i see so it would possible to create a sequential list of used cars and what would change for each person is the first 6 cars and therefore their order after that.

The groups of 6 vary as the first of the 6 cars in the first group is not fixed to every 6th car it can start on any.

I think this is the way i understand it now although i'm not sure if it's right!! :)

Yes, I think you're pretty much on the money

We originally thought that the order was set and each day's hextet (group of six) was set - mine and Khaddar's lists are exactly 34 whole days apart - but there are examples of "transposition", where the hextet appears in the same grouping, but split over two days.

Currently we're pretty sure that the specific order in which the cars appear is set, but the hextets themselves are not necessarily preserved and the start point is determined by some code generated by the game based on an identifier it retrieves from the PS3, based on different copies of the game giving the same start point on the same PS3. How complex this code is - and thus how variable the start point - is unknown as yet.

Yeah it's starting to make scene to me now :)

So i think the only other thing to work out is where the repeat cars figure in the list?

By that i mean ive seen the same car several times in a short space of time therefore the list me contain the same car several times?

Massive respect to you Famine for trying to figure this out! PD never seem to make things easy!!

First off, big thanks to Famine & Khaddar (and anyone else I missed) who have been tracking this. 👍 👍

I contemplated tracking my rotation from the start but figured someone would've figured it out by now and I never expected it to be this random. After finding this thread and seeing the progress others had made, I started tracking mine at day 106 and I'm now up to day 165. Surprisingly, I've yet to find a hextet that's even close to Famine's or Khaddar's.

Not sure if it makes a different or not, but I'm playing the US NTSC version.

Attachments

• Suede_gt5usedcarlist.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 101
Suede..I haven't gotten as many weeks recorded as you but I figured I could post this anyways. I don't have any matches yet compared to your list and I haven't got any matches compared to Famine's or Khaddar's lists.

I won't have any more time to look into this until next weekend and maybe by then someone will have gotten this figured out :boggled:

Attachments

• TornadoAlley Used Car Cycle (NTSC).zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 113
Cannot open files with Office 2010 or OpenOffice. Everytime I go to extract the files either with jZip or 7zip I get the name of the file but it has no extention so when I extract it I have put .xls and .xlsx to and the programs still refuse to open them. I have had the same luck with everyone's list. I have even tried downloading the zip files in firefox which made no difference. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Tornado... long time! I had some flashbacks of collecting color info for GT4 while doing this.

Yeah I remember those days :)

One question on your list. When you are collecting the order for each days cars what is your system (which car is first)?

For M5_dude...I've always used the archive program IZarc without any issue. I save the zip file to my computer and it works fine each time. I'm afraid I can't be any more help.

I am patiently awaiting a second appearance of the Formula PD which I suspect will be a long wait. I am on day 593 (I presume you can check this in game as well as on the save info) and the Nismo 400R finally made an appearance recently, and there are still cars that have yet to appear.

I am almost tempted to start a game on a different account (I presume this will not affect my original save) just to get some of the earlier cars I missed.

So far I think only one car has managed to appear on the list in more than one colour. That was the '70 Charger R/T 440 (I had to double check with the one in my garage to make sure it was the same one) which appeared in "Pink" (darkish red!) and Purple. The price of the cars does vary with mileage (by a few km and a few credits) as I have had the same car appear on consecutive days (VX220 or Turbo I think).

One question on your list. When you are collecting the order for each days cars what is your system (which car is first)?

For each day: Row 1, Car 1; Row 1, Car 2; Row 2, Car 1; Row 2, Car 2; etc...

make sense?

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

M5, I've been using office 2010 and 7zip and I haven't had any issues, sorry. The only thing I thought of is you have extensions hidden for known file types. You can change that in the folder options of Windows Explorer. Also, have you tried using File->Open in Excel instead of double-clicking the files?

So far I think only one car has managed to appear on the list in more than one colour. That was the '70 Charger R/T 440 (I had to double check with the one in my garage to make sure it was the same one) which appeared in "Pink" (darkish red!) and Purple. The price of the cars does vary with mileage (by a few km and a few credits) as I have had the same car appear on consecutive days (VX220 or Turbo I think).

Rogs, I've seen the Charger R/T twice so far, both times in Panther Pink. However, a friend has one in Plum Crazy and I've also seen it on Khaddar's list. I thought I saw another car show up in two different colors but I need to go back through my list to be sure.

I've had the same car appear in the same hextet at least twice now. They had slightly different mileage (and credits).

Last edited:
Back