GT5 w/logitech G27

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sohappeee
  • 30 comments
  • 1,774 views
Messages
28
I just bought the G27 to play with my GT5 and when I went to get out of the game, lo and behold, there is no ps button....or am I just stupid...wait, don't answer that...just give me some advice. Thanks.
 
Can't you use the DS3 to control the PS button and menu's?
 
NFSCARBON1
Can't you use the DS3 to control the PS button and menu's?

This. You have to do this even with DFGT.
 
I thought I was upgrading from my DFGT which had a "PS" button on the wheel but now I've spent twice as much for less features. Yes I can use my DS3 for that function but why should I have to after spending $240 for a "better" wheel?
 
I thought I was upgrading from my DFGT which had a "PS" button on the wheel but now I've spent twice as much for less features. Yes I can use my DS3 for that function but why should I have to after spending $240 for a "better" wheel?

It is a better wheel, but it's not officially supported in GT5, a bit of research would easily have answered any questions you might've had. There's a forum on this very website that would've been very helpful. Ever hear of buyer beware?
 
Is it really that much of a hassle? I've always found it much more awkward to use the wheel for general menu-browsing type stuff anyway so I always have the controller handy.
 
It is a better wheel, but it's not officially supported in GT5, a bit of research would easily have answered any questions you might've had. There's a forum on this very website that would've been very helpful. Ever hear of buyer beware?

It's not a fact that "It is a better wheel", more like you opinion. ;)
 
It's not a fact that "It is a better wheel", more like you opinion. ;)

Ok it has better adjustable pedals, clutch, more sturdy design, H shifter & metal paddle shifter, helical gears, it's less noisy, so IMO it's a much better wheel. To argue otherwise would be foolish IMHO.

I don't have this wheel I have a G25, but I'm a fan. I guess there's a reason Logitech charge so much more than a DFGT for it 💡
 
Don't get me wrong, I like the wheel, I'm definitely not sorry I bought it. I guess it's just a learning curve for me and yes, I did look at many reviews but for whatever reason that particular feature escaped me.
thank you all for your replies I love this forum.
 
Ok it has better adjustable pedals, clutch, more sturdy design, H shifter & metal paddle shifter, helical gears, it's less noisy, so IMO it's a much better wheel. To argue otherwise would be foolish IMHO.

I don't have this wheel I have a G25, but I'm a fan. I guess there's a reason Logitech charge so much more than a DFGT for it 💡

Just because the wheel cost more doesn't mean it's "better", I've used the G27 before at a buddies house and I think it's a good wheel but I still like my DFGT more and the game doesn't support the clutch as well as some may think.
 
Just because the wheel cost more doesn't mean it's "better", I've used the G27 before at a buddies house and I think it's a good wheel but I still like my DFGT more and the game doesn't support the clutch as well as some may think.

Good point, it's true that the higher cost doesn't mean it's "better", like you said it is a matter of opinion. I do wonder what your opinion will be when your pedals break???

Don't take me too seriously though, I am havin a bit of fun :)
 
Good point, it's true that the higher cost doesn't mean it's "better", like you said it is a matter of opinion. I do wonder what your opinion will be when your pedals break???

Don't take me too seriously though, I am havin a bit of fun :)

I mean I do think the H shifter is a great perk on the wheel but as a whole I don't think the G27 is better than the DFGT IMO.

Edit: I also think for $110 more it's not completely worth it but that might just be me because I don't have the green to go blow and that could be used for gas money. ;)
 
I mean I do think the H shifter is a great perk on the wheel but as a whole I don't think the G27 is better than the DFGT IMO.

C'mon ya can't honestly say you think the pedals are better on the DFGT?
 
Do you mean the pedals on the G27 are better?

In my humble honest opinion the pedals are far better on the G27 & even the G25 for that matter :crazy:
 
In my humble honest opinion the pedals are far better on the G27 & even the G25 for that matter :crazy:

Oh I didn't read that right but the pedals don't really bother me at all on the DFGT but like I mentioned earlier $110 more is quite a bit of money, well at least to me it is.
 
Oh I didn't read that right but the pedals don't really bother me at all on the DFGT but like I mentioned earlier $110 more is quite a bit of money, well at least to me it is.

Yes it is pricey (I can't afford it) & the DFGT is a great wheel, it does the job, I used to have a DFP & my mate has the DFGT (same pedals on both these wheels). If $$$ was no object I'd go for that Thrustmaster 500 wheel.
 
Yes it is pricey (I can't afford it) & the DFGT is a great wheel, it does the job, I used to have a DFP & my mate has the DFGT (same pedals on both these wheels). If $$$ was no object I'd go for that Thrustmaster 500 wheel.

Well it's also my first wheel so I figured it'd be a good starting point for sure. :)

Holy shi*, I've never even heard of that wheel till just now! What's so great about that wheel for it to be $600?! :drool:
 
Crazed_Coupe
No you don't..

You can't hit the PS button with a DFGT. That's what I meant at least.
 
You can't hit the PS button with a DFGT. That's what I meant at least.

Yes you can press the PS button with a DFGT, it's right smack in the middle of it!
 
Crazed_Coupe
Yes you can press the PS button with a DFGT, it's right smack in the middle of it!

Not on mine, I guess I have the PS2 version. Both of mine just have big silver GT logos on the middle.
 
Not on mine, I guess I have the PS2 version. Both of mine just have big silver GT logos on the middle.

Oh uhm, well the DFGT that I have defiantly has the PS button on it and I had no clue they made multiple DFGT wheels..


Notice the PS button right above the "Select" and "Start" button towards the bottom.
images
 
Yeah, mine looks like a dumbed down version of that. I'll look and find out the exact product name when I get home next week. It's the same grip pattern on the wheel, just with less buttons in the middle.
 
Yeah, mine looks like a dumbed down version of that. I'll look and find out the exact product name when I get home next week. It's the same grip pattern on the wheel, just with less buttons in the middle.

Oh okay I got you. 👍
 
Ok it has better adjustable pedals, clutch, more sturdy design, H shifter & metal paddle shifter, helical gears, it's less noisy, so IMO it's a much better wheel. To argue otherwise would be foolish IMHO.

I don't have this wheel I have a G25, but I'm a fan. I guess there's a reason Logitech charge so much more than a DFGT for it 💡
This^. Also it's a PC wheel not one special made for the PS3 that works with a PC (DFGT). I owned both and the G27 is a much better wheel.
 
Well it's also my first wheel so I figured it'd be a good starting point for sure. :)

Holy shi*, I've never even heard of that wheel till just now! What's so great about that wheel for it to be $600?! :drool:
IMO and the experince I've had Thurstmaster is **** and so far unless the PC driver has comeout it only works with GT5.
 
IMO and the experince I've had Thurstmaster is **** and so far unless the PC driver has comeout it only works with GT5.

For that much money I don't see how it could be a bad experience but then again I've never used it.
 
For that much money I don't see how it could be a bad experience but then again I've never used it.
Yeah my experince was a PS2 board contorallr that never picked up properally.
 
Yeah, mine looks like a dumbed down version of that. I'll look and find out the exact product name when I get home next week. It's the same grip pattern on the wheel, just with less buttons in the middle.

The wheel you're talking about is the Driving Force Pro, or DFP, the wheel made for GT4 and the PS2, which is why there's no PS button.

As for the OP, just get some velcro and attach your controller to the middle of the G27, works great, problem solved.
 
Back