GT5 wasted my day of gaming (or I did)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Topsu
  • 32 comments
  • 2,948 views
Messages
419
Finland
Finland
I finally started to use my Bobs again. Today I raced the Suzuka 1000 km event three times in a row without exiting from the race menu in B-Spec. All was well after the third race. But, do you know what happens if you turn off your PS3 straight from the race menu without exiting the event first? That's right, it doesn't save the races in the save data :dunce: Once again, another stupid feature in GT5 I should've guessed. I don't know if this is already widely known, but for you stupid people like me, always go to the main menu before doing something irreversible.
 
A bottle of ice-cold beer should numb this one for you mate :D 👍 :cheers:


EDIT: actually you may need more than one bottle hehehe
 
HUH? Are you for real? No game auto saves every second, why turn off the PS3 in the race menu? Sorry, but this is not GT5's fault.
 
I bet you wont make that mistake again.
 
HUH? Are you for real? No game auto saves every second, why turn off the PS3 in the race menu? Sorry, but this is not GT5's fault.

Yeah I know that, but not autosaving after a 4 hour race (or after any race to be precise)? Damn, that I didn't know. But as I said, I should've guessed that. To be clear, by 'race menu' I mean the menu that pops up after getting the prizes when you complete a race, not the menu in the course of a race.
 
Yep that's happened to me but it was just a "regular" race. Only a few minutes time lost.

I've also had a fully modded car revert to stock several different times even though I went back to GT Life menu before quitting. I guess I didn't wait for the save to be completely done before quitting. Of course the best part is that the money I spent on the upgrades was still gone. :dunce:
 
I always go all the way back to the main menu and click the save icon. This way I'm sure that nothing has been wasted. I'd never do what you did.
 
HUH? Are you for real? No game auto saves every second, why turn off the PS3 in the race menu? Sorry, but this is not GT5's fault.

It really should save after every race without actually having to exit bspec or aspec mode completely, but you have to go all the way to the home screen for it to save.
 
Last edited:
Another case of "I messed up, and failed to exercise common sense" turned into "blaming it on a piece of software".

How nice.
 
I always go all the way back to the main menu and click the save icon. This way I'm sure that nothing has been wasted. I'd never do what you did.

my OCD usually makes me do this 2x....yup, I need help :cheers:
 
It really should save after every race without actually having to exit bspec or aspec mode completely, but you have to go all the way to the home screen for it to save.

no it shouldn't.. Save points are not every time you blink in games.... Always save to be sure, its common sense.
 
Well that's sad... But you really should know that you have to quit the game...
 
no it shouldn't.. Save points are not every time you blink in games.... Always save to be sure, its common sense.

Not saying it should be every time you blink but imo every time you finish a race it should save right after it gives you the credits.
 
At least it wasnt A-Spec!
 
I did the same thing grinding about 6mil cr and just turned off my PS3. Just had to re-run the seasonals a couple more times then I wanted to.
 
Yeah guys, it indeed was my own mistake, and I learned from it the hard way. You might complain about me not using common sense, but wouldn't it also be common sense by PD if they made the game save itself after every race? Many games that have some kind of autosave, autosave when some major event has just ocurred and the player has got past it. That's the point of the whole feature, but why isn't completing a race and getting a reward considered a major event?

I don't ask that because I want to complain about everything, but because I want to know your opinions. This isn't a game killer anyway. But gosh, 12 hours for nothing :D
 
Another case of "I messed up, and failed to exercise common sense" turned into "blaming it on a piece of software".

How nice.

I agree. It's the OP's fault for not using common sense and then posting a thread blaming GT5 software when it was clearly his fault
 
Like that would have been worse?

Yes, it would. In Bspec all you have to do is hit X. In Aspec you actually drive!
 
Yes, it would. In Bspec all you have to do is hit X. In Aspec you actually drive!

I consider it quite an effort to manage those drivers. It can be boring at times while A-Spec keeps you entertained driving a car. So I would much rather repeat an A-Spec event.
 
*facepalm*
Anyway, not cool bro:grumpy:
 
Not saying it should be every time you blink but imo every time you finish a race it should save right after it gives you the credits.

No it should not........... too much auto saving is not good either. There is no rule they should auto save after every race, or every time you gain something in game?
 
So are you saying autosave is bad and shouldn't exist? Every time there's a loading screen, why not also have an autosave? It wouldn't ruin the game for anyone.
 
Do you not remember GT4's autosave, which corrupted files?
 
I always go all the way back to the main menu and click the save icon. This way I'm sure that nothing has been wasted. I'd never do what you did.

I do that as well, just cant be too careful
 
I heard GT6 will have autosave 👍



EDIT: I was being sarcastic.
 
So are you saying autosave is bad and shouldn't exist? Every time there's a loading screen, why not also have an autosave? It wouldn't ruin the game for anyone.

Can you read? Please show me where I said it should not exist? I said it cannot happen too often or technically it can cause issues like performance, lock ups, etc... There is a reason auto saves are at specific points. The game already has auto saves often enough.
 
Can you read? Please show me where I said it should not exist? I said it cannot happen too often or technically it can cause issues like performance, lock ups, etc... There is a reason auto saves are at specific points. The game already has auto saves often enough.

No I can't read, my English has never been the greatest. But sure, you didn't say autosave shouldn't exist. I'm sorry. What I'm saying, is that an autosave right after a race when a loading screen appears before you get your prizes wouldn't hurt anyone. It should be before the prizes, not after. When I finish the races and get my prizes I get a feeling I've done my job already, have no reason to go to the main menu anymore and can now turn off the console. Wrong! But this is just so stupid thing to argue about. I'm going to stop now.
 
Famine
Do you not remember GT4's autosave, which corrupted files?

Nope. In my 2 years of playing it. Nah. Still got the save.
 
That's why I exit out and do a hard save. I've had enough horror stories happened to me in other games that I never rely on auto saves.
 
Back