• Thread starter MRKdaCorsa
  • 75 comments
United States
Texas
MKTurismo
( +++ )
Return of the Racing Wheels

WEB_SUPERTURISMO-BLACK_C_eps.jpg

Since the second installment in the GT series licensed wheel manufactures have been a part of the experience. Hopefully this time around in GT5 the tradition will continue, but theres been no confirmation (that i'm aware of) that licensed aftermarket wheel manufacturers wheel make a return in the series. If they do, and I cross my fingers they will, I can only hope that they're integrated not to only add cosmetic enhancements but also performance. As most know adding a light weight aftermarket wheel set can be very beneficial in appose to the heavier OEM cast wheels found on majority of commuters today.

We are all familiar with what manufactures the GT series had to offer previously. Heres a few of the oldies and some new I'd like to see.

Yokohama Advans
_MG_2865redone-1.jpg

BBS Mesh and their other non-traditional designs
BBSLogo1-1.jpg

Of course the boys from Mackin Ind. have to be there.
decals-volk-racing-time-attackbi-1.jpg

J-Line Forged 5SL2
5SL2pinkBIG-1.jpg

Enkei RPF1s
RPF117-1.jpg

Post up what wheel design and/or manufacturer you would like to see in GT5. Try to include the model name of the wheel also :D

Audi A6 Le mans wheels, they're niice (H) I'm just kidding, I'm fairly ok with the selection from GT4, all I want is the ability to change rim size etc.

I love the iforged rims. Ok it's not racing rims but on a stock lambo or something it looks classy. Simple design, not too flashy.

iforged%20wheels%2002.jpg

I'll be happy with anything from BBs Work Volk O.Z. Enkei.
I would however like the option to remove hubcaps.

Wheels wheels wheels wheels
Wheels i do adore

However my request isnt exactly for Wheels, but more for Wheel mods, i want the ability to paint my wheels to match my car(or not) and to decide which parts should be painted(trims and 2 tones and colors+chrome). 2 cents.

How about some American Racing? :D
torq-thrust-2.jpg

Do they still make Cragars that look basicaly like this? I think they would "look" great on a bunch of cars, old as well as new ones. I bet they weighed a ton compaired to say the Motegi racing wheels I have on my daily driver now though.(A Chrystler LHS)

I'm really hoping we will be able to change the size and width of the wheels just a bit. Nothing over 20" though. We really don't want a bunch of Donks in the game.

American Racing Torq-Thrust Original
bVN3093.jpg

American Racing Saltflat
bVN5701.jpg

American Racing Shelby Cobra
bVN4271.jpg

American Racing 200S
bVC2023.jpg

American Racing Torq-Thrust II
bVC4051.jpg

Cragar S/S
crr-61015.jpg

Weld Racing Magnum 2.0 Drag Wheels (Rears and Fronts would be available separately)
wld-786p-15000_w.jpg
wld-786-510280_w.jpg

Volk TE37
volk_te37_brz_ci3_l.jpg

Volk TE37 Time Attack
volkr_ce28n_w_ci3_l.jpg

BBS CH-R
bbs_chr_bpsl_ci3_l.jpg

BBS CX-R
bbs_cxr_maa_ci3_l.jpg

O.Z. Racing Energy
oz_energy_tm_ci3_l.jpg

O.Z. Racing Crono
oz_crono_ht_bs_ci3_l.jpg

RO JA R2-7
ro_ja_r2_7_rmc_ci3_l.jpg

Fiske Profil 10
profil10.jpg

Fiske FM/10
fm10.jpg

Fiske Chroma Monobloc
chromaface-1.jpg

Work Wheels Equip 03
equip-03_95.jpg

Work Wheels Mag Mesh
mag-mesh_122.jpg

Work Wheels VS-MX
vs-mx_154.jpg

Bassett Racing Wheel D-Hole (To make any car look like a NASCAR)
15x105bsr.jpg

I would like to see these huge rims in GT5, not sure what models are the rims. AM Forge?

[YOUTUBEhd]MGG4gO41uw4[/YOUTUBEhd]

[YOUTUBEhd]A12IeM0vkAE[/YOUTUBEhd]

I hope the wheel section is a bit more in-depth; i loved the fact we could take other car's stock wheels and place them on another (a Z32 looks great with R34 rims, for example), so I hope that is kept, and maybe expanded on. I see no reason to not have every car's rims available for that.

To whoever said nothing over 20"; small problem, some cars are already over that, stock. I do agree that having more control over rim size is needed, since GT4's rather backwards idea of racing tires = bigger rims made very little sense, and it meant giving some cars the proper aesthetic look, you ended up giving them way too much grip. If we can paint rims, all the better really.

Oh, and Racing Hart?

racinghart_cp035_wheel_2.jpg

I admit, I just discovered half of these via google, but I'd like basically this sort of thing in the game. Also, steelies are always cool.

Work Equip 02
workequip02.jpg

Advan A3E
advana3e.jpg

Enkei Apache
enkeiapache.jpg

Work Equip 01
workequip01.jpg

Why not go so far as to provide branded and (what I envision to be very big modifying fad in the not-too-distant future) coloured tires? :D

683646.jpg

(Mini with the only set of coloured tires I've ever seen).

Besides the obvious Rays/Volk TE37's I was going to suggest Work Emotion CR Kai and BBS LM's but it looks like I have been beaten to it.

Oh and a good set of steel pressed stock rims which if used wheels comes back we wont have a problem getting them. :D

I'm loving the feed back you guys are giving!
Heres another couple of my favorites:
Work RSZRs
workrszr.jpg

Mugen MF10s
em1mf10.jpg

I also would love to go to the dealerships and by any in-house after market wheel for that particular make.
For example, I want to be able to put any Mugen wheels on any Honda/Acura or any AMG wheel on any Merc.

PS: Love the cop car steelies, those never go out of style :sly:

Last edited:
Bumpity bump, a wish i have, rim related is the ability to Revert back to Stock rims, and if i buy more than one set of rims for one car, the ability to switch between them at my garage(a sort of Rim Gallery inside the car's page) if i buy 3 sets for one car, i want to be able to access them instead of buying them AGAIN, and have say 2 stocks in the back 2 customs in the front

I'm an import guy, but I love all kinds of cars. I would really like American Racing Salt Flats, a timeless classic. Same with Torque Thrusts.
But above all I would love it if they finally added a diameter increase or even a decrease in size. And Offset would be probably asking too much, but it would complete the game imo because I would spend COUNTLESS hours buying and building cars with just wheels/suspension.

949 Racing 6ULs
6ulgen2bronze1big.jpg

Rays Engineering Volk Racing CE28Ns in all colors and Time Attacks (Even Honda Edition T/A)
022ul.jpg

VIP Modular VR 01
vip_modular_vr01_lightbox.jpg

Rays Eng Volk SE37
SE37K1.jpg

Spoon Sports SW388
img0368jf.jpg

Desmond Regamaster Evo in all colors
25869414284d79fd1034o.jpg

CCW Classics
ptb4.jpg

Mugen M7