GT5P controller input...wtf

• Thread starter zodicus
  • 37 comments
G.T
Buttons are pressure sensitive here too... And I recall the same in GT4.

Edit: Yep, the SIXAXIS is definitely pressure sensitive in GT4

Guess I've got a duff one then - it's nowhere near any of the three DS2s I've got through!

I realize its a demo and a work in progress. I hope PD looks at this kinda stuff and makes changes, as I am not the only one apparently that thinks its to sensitive.

When I firts used the Sixaxis I thought that the buttons didn't have as much resistance in them as the DS2. Could it be that they push in easier and it makes them harder to control?

Just a thought.

Actually, a while ago I was playing GT4 and I came up with what I thought was a pretty good idea. For the people who can't or don't want to shell out the cash for a wheel, there should be a control scheme where you actually rotate the joystick left/right in a steering motion to steer left or right, respectively. And allowing the joystick to recenter would straighten the steering wheel.

Feedback on this idea? Good/bad? I think it'd be great. Might take a little practice to get used to, but I think it'd be a better control scheme, especially for those picky about sensitivity. And there's just something about it that's more fun and satisfying than simply pushing the joystick either left or right.

The SIXAXIS has double the pressure sensitivity of the DS2. Something about its on board chip upgraded from 16 bit up to 32 bit.

The controls are just fine to me, but i experiance another problem when i play with a controller. Sometimes its impossible to steer to the left or right in one smooth move. When i use the incar interrieur view you see the wheel aint turned to the left of the right in one smooth movement. It stops for like 0,5 secs when its halfway. Its realy annoying when you try to get trough sharp corners.
When i have this problem i restart the demo and than its gone. So i guess it must be some kind of bug or something. Any more people having this problem?

OK, I just did some demo with the sixaxis (still on the PS3 now) and it worked fine with pressure sensitivity.

The steering motion works really well in NASCAR 08, and actually now that someone brought it up I'm a little surprised its not there.

A simple test you can all do to prove that the range/sensitivity isn't set right is- set the throttle and brake to L2 and R2, then go to a race and watch the throttle input bar on the screen when it gets to 100% stop moving you're finger, now press the button until it stops, you'll notice you hit 100% throttle at about 50% travel. Thats wrong, if you "omg get a wheel" guys had this problem with the peddles wouldn't you want it fixed?

Again i realize its a demo but it was like this in GT4 so with any luck PD will see this thread and fix it this time around.

Back