gt5p or nfs shift .. please help

Two totally different games shift Is fun online with the right people.
And GT5P Is really just a demo and a good one at that, I'm sure people will remember how GT4p was and how better GT4 was when released.
As said the are both cheap so go on treat yourself buy both.
By the way If you do get shift check out the shift league on here for some good clean racing.

You will probably find that many of the answers here are pretty biased because so many of us here are true Gran Turismo fans. That's all well and good, it is fine to really enjoy something, but it doesn't exactly lead to unbiased opinions. So, if I look at them in an unbiased way, I would say that NFSS is not a bad product in most ways. It has a wonderfully rendered version of the Nurburgring for example. Unfortunately NFSS does fall down somewhat in the SIM area, but it isn't awful. It isn't as good as GT4 even, but it also isn't completely arcady like NFS Carbon. It is a hybrid somewhere between a sim and an arcade racer. If you tweak your wheel settings a bit, you can make it reasonably challenging. If you can get it cheap I say go for it and just earn enough to buy the cars you want and then drive the ring over and over in your favorite cars. Hope that helps...

is this thread still open for discussion?

If it is:
Just do yourself a favor... dont waste time running around the block... Get GT5P and prepare yourself for GT5, the greatest racing games out there.

Warm yourself up for GT5 with Prologue... 👍

objective disclosure:
... well, your choices depends really on what you want out of a car game?
do you like just fooling around and dont mind much about details or accuracy...
... or
do you prefer to look at pretty graphics while learning the nuances of each cars?

You will probably find that many of the answers here are pretty biased because so many of us here are true Gran Turismo fans. That's all well and good, it is fine to really enjoy something, but it doesn't exactly lead to unbiased opinions. So, if I look at them in an unbiased way, I would say that NFSS is not a bad product in most ways. It has a wonderfully rendered version of the Nurburgring for example. Unfortunately NFSS does fall down somewhat in the SIM area, but it isn't awful. It isn't as good as GT4 even, but it also isn't completely arcady like NFS Carbon. It is a hybrid somewhere between a sim and an arcade racer. If you tweak your wheel settings a bit, you can make it reasonably challenging. If you can get it cheap I say go for it and just earn enough to buy the cars you want and then drive the ring over and over in your favorite cars. Hope that helps...

I pretty much agree with this.. For a gamer who think more realistic games like GT is to hard, but still want a more realistic experience then most arcade racers, then NFS shift is a good buy. I still play it sometimes if I want to hotlap on the ring:) Physics is fun though its not completly sim.. Well even GT5p isnt a all out sim, though much more then NFS.

GT5 is the tail that wags the dog. Shift is the bad boy when the substitute teacher shows up. GT5p reminds me of the Nun who slaps your hand with a ruler for not following the rules. I’d have to say Prolog is needed if your going to try to understand how their physics engine works before the big dog starts barking.

big_dog_pj_web.jpg

I have to disagree, i think shift is a better game than gt5p just because its a full game. The car selection is a lot better than gt5p, customization is a huge plus and the tracks are better.

GT5p is more of a tease IMO. Its fun but its lacking too much and it just makes you want the full gt5.

Both games are cheap though, so I second whoever said get both.

I have to disagree, i think shift is a better game than gt5p just because its a full game. The car selection is a lot better than gt5p, customization is a huge plus and the tracks are better.

GT5p is more of a tease IMO. Its fun but its lacking too much and it just makes you want the full gt5.

Both games are cheap though, so I second whoever said get both.

Maybe you should check out our SHIFT OLR league

If you want a sim get GT5 prologue if you want an arcadey game get nfs shift. If you are getting the PC version of shift there are a whole lot of mods to make it a little more "sim".

NFS shift plays nice with the G27. However, even after the mods it was disappointing. I haven't looked at the mods in a while. By now they have probably made some improvements.

GT5 prologue has some "arcade" features as well... in 2 player, you'll find that you will lose to your friend who downshifts and holds the gas down through the corners bouncing off the wall on certain tracks. :grumpy:

Back