GT5p Updating....?

• Thread starter Twoface
  • 30 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Am i the only one that cant enter any of the race menus... When i startet the game up, there was a screen i have never seen before. I took the right option and it says something in japanese where the picture of the car normaly is...

Anyone experiensing the same...?

So is it true that you must do updates only through the JPN PSN ID? Can we race online in any of our accounts?

So, this means that there is no "real" explanation why numerous people are having problems with updates crashing?

Some say to delete a bunch of your videos, music, demos (even if they have 20GB free space). Some say to update only in the JPN account to have success.

In my book, the reason is that quite a bunch of people bought the game outside of Japan. This means:

a) more than the planned amount of people are updating
b) people are updating from outside of Japan

The result is that the updates won't run very well because there are loads of people trying to connect, and that a significant amount of those people is much farther away than it was planned. Taking that into account, noone needs to wonder there are so many Prologue owners experiencing updating problems.

In my book, the reason is that quite a bunch of people bought the game outside of Japan. This means:

a) more than the planned amount of people are updating
b) people are updating from outside of Japan

The result is that the updates won't run very well because there are loads of people trying to connect, and that a significant amount of those people is much farther away than it was planned. Taking that into account, noone needs to wonder there are so many Prologue owners experiencing updating problems.

This makes sense.

I think now, however, the situation has improved - most people have downloaded their updates and people like me, who have jumped on the band wagon a little later, have been able to download first time without a hitch. Pretty quickly too :)

The online events will change on the 9th at 5:00 PM in Japan. I hope we get some better ones, because I don't enjoy many of them right now.

The online events will change on the 9th at 5:00 PM in Japan. I hope we get some better ones, because I don't enjoy many of them right now.

Basically there is one good multiplayer event currently. The pro Fuji Race.

The Daytona race is sleep inducing and I don't buy this game to play NASCAR. At least gave us the in field version. The Suzuka while I like the circuit, the amateur physics will screw you up, which I stopped playing once I got the GTR.

I know they try to come up with events that caters to all players. Oh well...

Yea is anyone else still having problems trying to update their GT5p? I'm on a US ps3 trying to update using a US psn account and it can get started but will show an error message after barely downloading any part of the update. I've been able to load and play the game but it just craps out after getting barely into the download. I've tried this on a US psn account as well as a JP psn account and have had no luck either try. I've read some people just having to try over and over until finally getting lucky. Is this the case with everyone or just some of us?

I download the update using my US account. I think it took me three tries before I was able to download it. It took me about five attempts to download the ending video.

Don't be sad i downloaded the updat eafter maybe 15 times so don't give up.
Though the sadest is that i can have all online feature but i've been able to enter a online race onlt 4 times in 3 weeks.

Anybody got this kind of problem?
All the other online events run fine though

Used my JPN PSN and downloaded update on my first try...also, I have not received one error while playing online races, I always connect...must be luck?

Yea finally tried it with my JP psn account and after a couple tries going all the way to 50% and getting error msgs, it finally went all the way. Online racing was pretty sweet. Some racers were laggy others not but i think its great. i just use my US psn account to get into the online races as well as do anything else.

Got prologue earlier...

For me I just signed into my canadian PSN account and booted the game up. Had no problems updating the game at all:tup:

Online was a little buggy... Games amazing overall tho:)

So, is there an update of some sort today?

Just came back from some new online races. PD did changed On line events,
( no more professional race :indiff: ) but I did 4 races on Suzuka with an F430, I really enjoyed the races, we were at max 8 players but really clean race and in one of them we were 5 battleling for the second place until the third lap. That was awsome :dopey:
It looks like there is now only 4 or 5 online race and up to 13 time attack :nervous:

Tried to race this morning, but evrytime i was ending up alone on the grid then have an error message just after i can see my car actually ready to go on track,,,,,,,

When I boot GT5 I get a Terms and conditions page (I'm pretty sure) I press the highlighted button and the next screen appears, again I push the highlighted button (if I don't it goes back to the Terms window) after pushing the highlighted (right side) I get a screen with a few lines of type that just sits there forever, plus it freezes up the PS3 and I have to quit game and start again. I've tried getting this update for several days and it's always the same...no update and a frozen PS3. Anyone have a clue for me? Thanks in advance.

Back