GT5P's Refresh rate and physics calculation/per second

I don't, but I would like to mention that you shouldn't place too much importance on how many times a game performs a physics calculation per second -- in the grand scheme of things, that number isn't as important as whether that calculation is correct/accurate to begin with. :)

I think it runs at 60 FPS so im guessing thats the refresh rate...

Wolfe's right, figures don't really matter its what you see and experience in game makes you pass judgement...

Robin

I believe physics in GT5 is running 360fps. That was said sometime in last year.

What ?..

Would you care to explain that, because nothing in that sentence makes any sense to me whatsoever - Then again, english is not my first language so it's probably just me.

Physics engine is making calculations 360 times per second (Forza 2 is doing somewhat similar, but please sustain from another "F2vsGT5 debate), and it's been nominated as "logging fps" (frames-per-second).

It's part of something called "Performance Evaluation of Numerical Integration Methods in the Physics Engine" but at this point I qiut further debate :)

This was before Prologue:

With the next generation of technology almost upon us, how do you hope to use that to push the envelope of the driving genre?

Kazunori: Let's take the category of car physics: currently in GT4 on the PS2, the calculations for car physics are done sixty times a second, the same as the framerate. But with the next generation coming and higher specifications, we think this could change to 300 times per second or even 600 times per second.

Those changes will be significant in how players relate to car physics, car simulation and feedback. link

He says Polyphony is already experimenting with running its current physics simulation at many more cycles per second -- 300 or 600, compared to 60 in GT4 -- and getting impressive results in the process, but current hardware can't handle that and draw a good-looking game at the same time. link
"The PlayStation 3 is the first piece of hardware allowing photo-realistic computer graphics, and is the first game hardware that can perform calculations for physics simulation to the level of our satisfaction."link

thanks for the feedback guys and yes, i know if you have a crappy physics engine running at 500 physics calculation/per second, it wont matter.

ive just never found any info about it and thought it would be a good topic question

Agreed, good question , I was wondering that myself. I just hope that in the end polyphony doesn't hold back with whatever calcs their getting fearing that they'll scare the masses off. They should take pro mode FURTHER.:sly:

Back