GT6’s Game Breaking Pit Stop Flaw

• Thread starter MGR
  • 33 comments
MGR
Haven't really tested this at all in GT6 because of the pit stop bug, but I know GT5 stop times were definitely affected by entry speed. If you blasted full speed into the pits at Daytona, the game would immediately 'reset' your car at the start of pit lane and hold you in your pit bay for what seemed like an eternity..

I has ben my experience w(with the later versions of GT5) that at Daytona Oval course if you entered the pit too fast it just wouldn't allow you to stop and you had to go around again Damn inconvenient when you didn't have enough fuel for another lap :-( I have lost a couple of races because of it... sigh... :-(

MGR
I had always assumed that if your car was 'reset' to the beginning of pit lane you were going to get a penalty, but if you made it in cleanly then you were OK. Thinking back though, I don't know that for certain and its possible if you did exceed the entry speed a bit then you may have been held an extra few seconds..

With the example I have given here for GT6 I was rewarded for entering flat out and the other guy, who did the correct thing, was penalised. We still laugh about it now. Well I do anyway, he's still p!ssed :-)

MGR
The biggest problem is this 'feature' is (as far as I know) completely undocumented and the game does not explain what the hell is happening or why. The speed limited areas are not clearly marked and there's no feedback from the game to say when you've received (or are receiving) a penalty.

Sadly this is the "modus operandi" of PD, keep everyone in the dark and treat them like mushrooms. Their communications skills are non-existent as are their willingness to rectify flaws in the game or release the promised DLC they promised.

My biggest complaint (sorry, one of) is that as soon as you get a handle on what this game is about they change it with an update. And then, usually make it worse!

Plenty of reports claiming the bug has been fixed with v1.07

I've only tested using the 787B on Racing Soft but lap times now identical before and after pitstop. Lap times are also consistent with v1.06 (before pit stop).

5 months of frustration finally over. Let's hope PD continues to keep an eye on this sub-forum.

Latest Posts

Back