GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
Interesting how the overall race times are less than 10 seconds apart, but there's a huge amount of difference in the AI times. What's the strategy? The R89 ( or 92 ) and Pescarolo has been the weakest field I've run across. They took each other out at turn 1 the first time I ran the race ( and before I saw this challenge ), and once I got 6 seconds ahead of them, they gave up. A few seconds behind to first by 15 seconds in one lap.

Interesting how the overall race times are less than 10 seconds apart, but there's a huge amount of difference in the AI times. What's the strategy? The R89 ( or 92 ) and Pescarolo has been the weakest field I've run across. They took each other out at turn 1 the first time I ran the race ( and before I saw this challenge ), and once I got 6 seconds ahead of them, they gave up. A few seconds behind to first by 15 seconds in one lap.

I'm finding it hard to find any pattern in the AI behaviour, although the Minolta and Pescarolo have usually been the fastest. It's like they are getting random messages from their engineer, ranging from "we need to conserve the tyres" to "ok, Bob, we need you to drive like you're fleeing a crime scene after having drunk a bottle of Jack Daniels and snorted half a gram of coke." It's worth having a ride round with them to witness their antics.

Well that seemed to come around quickly. I was going to have another go at these but I got a bit obsessed with the Trial Mountain TT and didn't notice these were ending today. I haven't tried the new races yet but as I seemed to have peaked at the TT I'm hoping there are some good ones.
So this time we have well-earned victories for @RMan72 and @MTM79 with an impressive hit and run. What's this with the seventies? Maybe if I changed my name to SM76 I'd do better.
Event ideas invited from the ticket holders.

Get Shorty!!!

MTM79 - 35.144
StirlingMoose - 29.428
Baron Blitz Red - 22.805
Draggon - 7.254

Tailgater BBQ Pit Boss

RMan72 - 3.121
StirlingMoose - 2.546
pretend racer - 2.137

Ticket Holders:

Beginner - @DisabledRacer @RMan72
Intermediate - @DisabledRacer @RMan72
Expert - @Baron Blitz Red , @GTsail290 , @nowayback @MTM79

Wow, I got busy with the CM and forgot about "get shorty". Worth saying though, with a bit of tuning and setting camber/toe to zero, the Monster is quite a nice car to drive. Good choice @Baron Blitz Red, I would never have bought it otherwise.

Wow, I got busy with the CM and forgot about "get shorty". Worth saying though, with a bit of tuning and setting camber/toe to zero, the Monster is quite a nice car to drive. Good choice @Baron Blitz Red, I would never have bought it otherwise.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Monster twins too... handled way better than expected and was a Sleeper at 700pp as well. I couldn't help myself for sharing my surprise with it tbh.

Cheers

New Seasonal Beginner Level event is up, designed by RMan72

Silverstone Lapper

Objective: Most cars lapped (Nearest Race time to 6:00 tie breaker) Win not necessary.
Vehicle: Any allowed
Venue: A-spec Beginners' Level Non-Racecar Event : Silverstone National
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event

Lapper1.jpg

No other takers, then? I did have a few goes at this but I must have been missing a trick because I couldn't get anywhere near. Even with a tuned Miura I could only just lap under a minute. I think I managed 5 a lap down but didn't take a pic so this is my meagre entry.

Lapper.jpg

If any of the ticket holders are inspired I'll keep the ship afloat.

Beginner - @DisabledRacer @RMan72
Intermediate - @DisabledRacer @RMan72
Expert - @GTsail290 , @nowayback @MTM79

I tried it a couple times but couldn't get any better than you did so I didn't take a picture. I did figure that it needed about a 56 second lap time so that you could do 6 laps instead of only 5.

I tried it a couple times but couldn't get any better than you did so I didn't take a picture. I did figure that it needed about a 56 second lap time so that you could do 6 laps instead of only 5.

That's what I figured too. Even with srf on the best I could do was about 57s and there was no way I could do that through traffic. Maybe @RMan72 can enlighten us.

That's what I figured too. Even with srf on the best I could do was about 57s and there was no way I could do that through traffic. Maybe @RMan72 can enlighten us.
Sorry guys perhaps I didn't explain it properly. You needed to get into the lead then slow the pace up to around 1:15's so that the AI only completed 4 laps then you set off doing a qualifying lap to get near 6 minutes.

Sorry guys perhaps I didn't explain it properly. You needed to get into the lead then slow the pace up to around 1:15's so that the AI only completed 4 laps then you set off doing a qualifying lap to get near 6 minutes.

I thought maybe it was something like that, but too late to experiment. You shouldn't need to explain really. We should have worked it out. There was no way you could have you could have done 56s laps in a GT40. You win. :lol:

I've been wishing that GT6 had some longer endurance races, so I've been playing with the Arcade race mode and just recently found a decent challenge for the La Sarthe tracks.

I've been running my Nissan R92CP de-tuned down to 650PP, and only using RH tires (and no corner cutting). To get a one hour race, I set the laps to 17 and launched the race against another Nissan R92CP:

By the end of the race, I came away with a 0.487 second win!:)

30818169950_fc753689a1_k.jpg

Good fun!
Morimoto in the other Nissan R92CP is actually faster than Jacobs in the Sauber Mercedes C9, but they swapped places as they neared the end of the race. During the race, the other Nissan R92CP would draft past me, and then I would drive back past him going thru the next corner. In this particular race, I could never pull away from the other two cars. Earlier, I ran another race where I was able to pull away from the second place car when he got delayed by the back-markers when we were both lapping the field. I think I ended up with a seven second win.:cheers:

I've never been good at slowing the AI down so I didn't consider that course of action.
Well you should watch Lewis Hamilton tutorial then. :)
I've been wishing that GT6 had some longer endurance races, so I've been playing with the Arcade race mode and just recently found a decent challenge for the La Sarthe tracks!
Some great news for the people that can't rely on online racing only. Thank You Sir. Would be great to here more stories like that.

Back to La Sarthe for another run with my 650PP Nissan R92CP, I take down a strong Audi R8 Race Car by 0.235 seconds:eek::)

31181254346_46c2939805_k.jpg

The Audi R8 Race Car is quite fast, but isn't as aggressive as the Nissan R92CP that I ran against earlier, so the Audi R8 doesn't always drive past me on the fast sections, so I don't always need to drive past him in the corners, but he does hang with me throughout the entire race.

My Nissan R92CP is still pretty strong with the 650PP, so I de-tune my Nissan down to 647PP and look for another lineup. The next lineup I get has the BMW V12 LMR so I trundle up to the starting line for another hour race (17 laps). After a very competitive race against the BMW V12 LMR I'm able to eek out another win by 1.039 seconds:D

30947224850_92034bbc5c_k.jpg

I also tried de-tuning my Nissan R92CP down to 645PP, but had to abandon the race when the first place car scampered away during the first five laps, and I figured that I had little chance on catching him even if we eventually came upon a couple of backmarkers.:(
Good fun!
:cheers:

I also tried de-tuning my Nissan R92CP down to 645PP, but had to abandon the race when the first place car scampered away during the first five laps, and I figured that I had little chance on catching him even if we eventually came upon a couple of backmarkers.:(
Good fun!
Is it possible to use changeable weather during the race through arcade mode? If so you might consider it to add a bit of unpredictable stuff.

Is it possible to use changeable weather during the race through arcade mode? If so you might consider it to add a bit of unpredictable stuff.

Yes, some of the Arcade tracks at La Sarthe can have changeable weather if you pick them. Most of my races have been run on the first two tracks in the Arcade mode. The first La Sarthe track gives a 24 hour cycle so you get a period of running in the dark. The second La Sarthe track stays daylight the entire time. I have also run one of the La Sarthe tracks that doesn't have the chicanes, but found that less interesting since you just stay in the draft down the entire Mulsanne straight<==this does shorten the laps considerably so you need to run 19 laps to get over the one-hour mark.
:cheers:

Holiday Specials

Beginner level event - Lapland - Designed by RMan72.

Objective:
Lap whole field. Closest overall time to 6 minutes wins
Vehicle: Any
Venue: Beginners' Level Non-Racecar Event : Tsukuba

Lapper.JPG

Intermediate level event - Santa's Helper - Designed by RMan72.

Objective: Santa needs some help delivering all the presents this year, so using a pickup truck or estate car you need to drive through the pits every lap to collect presents and deliver them on your way around the circuit. Largest margin of victory wins. Finish in the pit lane.
Vehicle: Any pick-up truck or estate car.
Venue: Intermediate Level Non-Racecar Event : Silverstone GP

Santa.JPG

If anyone has a good idea for the expert one let me know. Otherwise I will come up with one soon.

Edit - Idea from @lasrjock

Expert level event - Misfit Toys - Designed by lasrjock.

IMG_4009_small.jpg

Objective: Fastest time, winning the race.
Vehicle: Any rally car (Pike's Peak specials excluded)
Venue: Expert Level Non-Racecar Event : Nordschliefe

Last edited:
Holiday Specials

Intermediate level event - Santa's Helper - Designed by RMan72.

Objective: Santa needs some help delivering all the presents this year, so using a pickup truck or estate car you need to drive through the pits every lap to collect presents and deliver them on your way around the circuit. Largest margin of victory wins. Finish in the pit lane.
Vehicle: Any pick-up truck or estate car.
Venue: Intermediate Level Non-Racecar Event : Silverstone GP

What is the definition of an estate car? In other words, how does an estate car differ from a 5-door hatchback (minimum length, etc.)?

Last edited:
Manged to get the win in Santa's Helper. Santa likes his MX-Crossport '05, and he hopes if fits in with the rules. Even at only 512pp he still put some distance between him and the field. I think most of the children are on his naughty list this year so there weren't many presents to deliver. :indiff:

DSCN0220_zpswscjegrx.jpg

What is the definition of an estate car? In other words, how does an estate car differ fro a 5-door hatchback (minimum length, etc.)?
This is what I was thinking when I picked Estate cars and Pick up trucks:

Audi RS 4 '01, Audi RS 6 Avant '02, Audi RS 6 Avant '08, Mini Cooper s Countryman (R60) '11, Renault Avantime '02, VW Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) '62, Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88, Honda Odyssey '03, Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01, Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo-R '02, Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V '98, Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88, Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98, Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion '98, Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 3.0R '03, Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96, Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT specII '03, Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon2.0GT '03, Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Verion VI '99, Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00, Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04, Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02, Chevrolet SSR '03, Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67, Chevrolet Silverado SST '02, Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 and the Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04.

I wasn't thinking about Large SUV's like the Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03 or the Mazda MX-Crossport '05 but they fit the image of a large box on wheels for transporting loads of stuff if needed.

The only other stipulation for the event is that it's very easy to miss a few corners at Silverstone, so was hoping that we'd all have a gentleman's and gentlewoman's agreement not to veer off track and to keep two wheels on the tamac at all times, unless there's a jump at the track that I'm unaware of :mischievous:

Last thing Merry Christmas to all you GT6 AI Hub particpants, it's been a fun year and I'm glad I took the plunge and entered

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Back