GT6 Cannot INstall

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I have received GT6 used from Ebay a few days back. I have had many issues installing it with the title updates etc etc.
I am currently trying to install the game via the one at a time method, however, when i boot the game up to install the update within Gran Turismo, i get an infinite loading screen.
In my previous post, someone suggested that if the disc isn't immaculate, it cases issues. My disc isn't in the best condition due to the fact it is used.
I have attached videos and screenshots to help diagnose the issue as i know that often helps.
Not annoyed, just want to enjoy what looks and sounds like a really good game.

Videos and pictures-
Sorry for the lack of sound, i don't know what happened there so i'll have to explain:

Video 1 -
This is the screen i receive when I boot into the game for the first time. Doesn't matter if i have applied an update or not, this is what i get. I get the initial GT6 trailer, press X and the it loads to that forever. Shouldn't take more than a minute at most.
Although hard to tell, I also show that the PS3 HDD indicator light is not flashing which suggests that the game isn't being read properly. My HDD is fine on every other game.

Photo 1 -
This photo simply shows that the game goes black when you quit the game due to the crashing.

Video 2 -
Shows the PS3 system completely crashing and the file corruption process starting.

Photo 2 -
Shows the condition of the disc

Video 3 -
Shows the information currently installed on the system.

Video 4 - https://imgur.com/a/2TkP3uA
Shows the fact that the copy i have is the anniversary edition and just a general check incase the disc is fake. Which i highly doubt, but better safe than sorry.

Sorry for the long post, i just really want to enjoy this great game. Not a rant, just want to enjoy the game.

Video 3 - Shows the information currently installed on the system.
And that looks like an issue right there.

I haven't checked in a good long while, but there is no way any version of GT6, even right off the disc, takes up a mere 366MB of HDD space. It should be at least 20x the size, if not more.

I was going to make a joke about trying to install it on an Xbox One...

And that looks like an issue right there.

I haven't checked in a good long while, but there is no way any version of GT6, even right off the disc, takes up a mere 366MB of HDD space. It should be at least 20x the size, if not more.

I was going to make a joke about trying to install it on an Xbox One...
Yep, i should clairfy i only did one update as i did the one at a time install method.

I installed one update, then booted the game to install it again within the actual game, and it crashes as you see in the other video.

My bad, not very clear of me.

Last edited:
Yep, i should clairfy i only did one update as i did the one at a time install method.

I installed one update, then booted the game to install it again within the actual game, and it crashes as you see in the other video.

My bad, not very clear of me.
Yeah, but even the raw install straight off the disc should be 20x larger than what the installation size is showing there. The Day 1 patch alone is 1.2GB.

Okay, so what do you infer from the information i have provided?
That there's some problem with how it's being installed from the disc before you even start updating it.

Just looking at it briefly, it looks like the raw, v1.00 install should be more than 14GB.

Delete everything GT6 from the system entirely, disconnect the PS3 from the internet, and then install GT6 from the disc, without anything else and see what your file size is.

That there's some problem with how it's being installed from the disc before you even start updating it.

Just looking at it briefly, it looks like the raw, v1.00 install should be more than 14GB.

Delete everything GT6 from the system entirely, disconnect the PS3 from the internet, and then install GT6 from the disc, without anything else and see what your file size is.
When you say install GT6 from the disc, you mean just put the disc in, and let it do its thing?

Disconnected the PS3 from the internet, put the disc in, and loaded it up, but i get the infinite loading bar of death.

Doesn't load, doesn't give me an option to install anything offline. Just the loading bar i sent before.

Only way to back out of this is to quit the game, which ****s the entire system up.

Edit - Game loading bar slows to a crawl, and when i press the PS button to access the XMB, it is painfully slow. As soon as i back out of the game, its fine.

Last edited:
Disconnected the PS3 from the internet, put the disc in, and loaded it up, but i get the infinite loading bar of death.

Doesn't load, doesn't give me an option to install anything offline. Just the loading bar i sent before.

Only way to back out of this is to quit the game, which ****s the entire system up.

Edit - Game loading bar slows to a crawl, and when i press the PS button to access the XMB, it is painfully slow. As soon as i back out of the game, its fine.
Out of curiosity, take the disc out and hold it against a light, with you looking at the disc surface and the logo facing the light. Do you see any hols or streaks of light shining through?

How much free space do you have on the PS3 HDD?

Out of curiosity, take the disc out and hold it against a light, with you looking at the disc surface and the logo facing the light. Do you see any hols or streaks of light shining through?
There is a very, very small, almost unoticeable hole on the top of the disc if you are viewing it on the shiny silver side of the disc.

Its so small, you cant get it on photo or video.

Its like the same size as the tip of a tooth pick.

There is a very, very small, almost unoticeable hole on the top of the disc if you are viewing it on the shiny silver side of the disc.

Its so small, you cant get it on photo or video.

Its like the same size as the tip of a tooth pick.
Ah, then that's not it. I know you said that the disc is clearly used, but are there any noticeable scratches on the disc surface? And to echo what @Famine asked, how much free space is on the console itself?

Edit, nevermind on the console space.

Last edited:
Ah, then that's not it. I know you said that the disc is clearly used, but are there any noticeable scratches on the disc surface? And to echo what @Famine asked, how much free space is on the console itself?

Edit, nevermind on the console space.
The disk is pretty scratched up, but ive seen worse. I'm suspecting its a faulty disc.

Contacted the eBay seller who is happy to refund me, just thought id post here to see if you guys think the same.

Last edited:
The disk is pretty scratched up, but ive seen worse. I'm suspecting its a faulty disc.

Contacted the eBay seller who is happy to refund me, just thought id post here to see if you guys think the same.
The disc has a few scratches but have you tried cleaning the disc with toothpaste, and here is the link https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-CD-With-Toothpaste I have been using Toothpaste for a very long time on CDs to clean them.

Last edited:
I haven't, and my friend also told me to do this.

Not risking it really, im just going to return the disc, much easier.
No problem my friend and if you can not get another GT6 game, I be happy to send you my spare GT6 disc at no cost to you if you like.

Last edited:
Back