GT6 Car/Engine Sounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheSmitzer
  • 4 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
5
South Africa
South Africa
Messages
TheSmitzer
I've been involved with cars all my life and have driven a lot of them, now with GT6 being the real driving simulator, shouldn't the cars actually sound like they do in real life?
Some of the big V8's do sound cool, but just a few to listen too, modded or not.

E46 BMW M3
Ferrari 458
Honda V-Tec

They are making such whining noises and doesn't sound like the real ones even close!
Very disappointed with that part of GT6.

If you want to do a comparison, go play Need for Speed Rivals a bit. I'm NOT talking about game play, I'm talking purely about the sound the cars make. It is SO close to real, I can't stop revving them.

What's your opinions?

Btw, I'm playing it over my Logitech system, so it's not the system.
 
Sorry, didn't see that thread.
 
That's the main general thread, but he's free to discuss his own opinion on sounds here in a new thread. It is the Reviews & Feedback section after all.
 
I honestly felt that the car sounds were horrible all the way up to this game as well, but I heard that people were talking about improvements with sound systems installed.

Nostalgia tripping, I installed my old 1999 double Yamaha speakers again from my garage, and I loaded up the game and played. Gigantic difference, theres actual rumble and whines from those aforementioned cars (I tested the 458, m3, and civic type r) and the game is better to play.

All in all, the sounds have drastically improved with a sound system, but not enough to surprise me too much, so if you have a sound system playing through it, it'll help dramatically with engine sounds.

PS: (I accidentally left my volume and bass at max, and when I changed into a ford gt mark 1, the plaster on my walls broke. :P )
 
Back