GT6 - Cheapest way around cookbook - Updated APRIL 14 - With update 1.06 now

• Thread starter Mr.Slow
  • 34 comments
For those looking for a different challenge or stuck at a point in the game with not enough credits or simply confused by the gazillion cars available I put together a cookbook showing how to get 100% with the least amount of credits.

The cookbook spreadsheet is the compilation of the "Look Ma, no wallet" threads in a spreadsheet form. It is formatted as a log so it can be followed like a recipe (hence the name).

Feedback is welcome 👍

Acknowledgment: Thanks to all those who contributed to the Look Ma No Wallet threads, specially to member Hastatus for his dogged determination and who found the way to get past 69%

Update 21/01 - Now up to 63%
Update 23/01 - Now up to 80%
Update 24/01 - Now to the end.
Update 02/02 - Includes the AMG VGT RACING SEASONAL when trolling for stars (int A). Also corrected the name of the tracks in the Dream Car Championship

GT6 Career Expenses (Everything but One-Make Races):

17,000$ - Honda FIT RS ‘10

5000$ - Engine Tune 1 for McLaren F1 --- unnecessary since I got the Tune 2 in the end
17,500$ - RH for McLaren F1
20,000$ - Engine Tune 2 for McLaren F1
10,000$ - Racing Exhaust Engine for McLaren F1 for Like The Wind Races**

6,500$ - GT Racing Kart 100 SPL
10,000$ - GT Racing Kart 125 Shifter

175,000$ - Challenger R/T RC ’70 for Historic Racing Cup
20,500$ - Supercharger for Challenger for the last Historic race (kept getting the T7 in the lineup)

4,250$ - Dirt Tires for KTM Xbow for Dirt Trials Races

Total: 269,250$

One-Make Races:

B1 – 24,500$ - Toyota Prius G ’09

B2 – 28,000$ - Toyota 86 “Racing” ‘13

A1 – 0$ - Used prize car BMW Concept 1 Series tii ‘07

A2 – 16,200$ - Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ‘92

A3 – 17,000$ - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ‘89

IB1 – 6,800$ - Bought SH tires for prize car Elise Race Car ‘96

IB2 – 0$ - Used the stock Stingray Racing Concept. Took about 10 tries. Get the David and Goliath trophy

IA1 – 400,000$ - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ‘11

IA2 – 283,000$ - Ferrari 458 Italia ‘09

IA3 – 0$ GT-R N24 GT Academy ‘12 in stock form... SRF was on

Total: 792,500$

Grand Total = 1,061,750$ (including the wasted 5000$ for one engine tune 1 for the Mclaren F1)

Update 14/4/14 NOW REFLECTS 1.06… THERE ARE MORE MODS NEEDED FOR THE MCLAREN F1… SEE SPREADSHEET FOR DETAILS

Attachments

• GT6Cookbook.xlsx
    61 KB · Views: 1,452
Last edited:
Feedback is welcome 👍

I don't know if this is useful info or not but, If you win the "Redbull X2014 JR" car in that said event then enter everything you can with it in A-Spec, it pits you against other Redbull Jr's only. Which are very easy (even if you have to reduce power to 600pp) to win as they slow down too much at every corner they can. Good for every small endurance and championship you can get it in. Makes things like the Dream Car Championship to the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring, Le Mans etc. a doddle. You don't even have to pit in, in the small endurances as the tyres and fuel lasts the whole race. All you need to do is buy tyres at the beginning. I won the 24 minutes of Nurburgring by just over 5 mins. A lot easier than struggling with anything you won.

I know its not the most enjoyable way to play but it's by far one of the easiest.

I don't know if this is useful info or not but, If you win the "Redbull X2014 JR" car in that said event then enter everything you can with it in A-Spec, it pits you against other Redbull Jr's only. Which are very easy (even if you have to reduce power to 600pp) to win as they slow down too much at every corner they can. Good for every small endurance and championship you can get it in. Makes things like the Dream Car Championship to the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring, Le Mans etc. a doddle. You don't even have to pit in, in the small endurances as the tyres and fuel lasts the whole race. All you need to do is buy tyres at the beginning. I won the 24 minutes of Nurburgring by just over 5 mins. A lot easier than struggling with anything you won.

I know its not the most enjoyable way to play but it's by far one of the easiest.

Definitely the easiest way. I already knew it as I have already gotten to 100% (the spreadsheet is just my compilation of many many notes) but thanks anyway.

I finally reached 99% with the following results. :D

The following were my expenses:

250$ - Oil change for #24 for GT World Championship: Mount Panorama – Unnecessary

22,500$ - Stage 3 Turbo for AMG VGT
17,500$ - RH for AMG VGT
20,000$ - Transmission for AMG VGT
5,000$ - Stage 1 Engine for AMG VGT for Like The Wind Races**

8,000$ - GT Racing Kart 125 SPL Edit: Red Bull Kart can be used instead as of patch 1.03.

5,000$ - Dirt Tires for Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ’87 for Dirt Trials Races

Total: 286,750$

One-Make Races:

[The Prius G (j) ’02 isn’t powerful enough and upgrades would cost too much.]

[This car costs 2,000$ less than all other entrants, is better, and looks great in black with the stock black rims!]

[Civic 1500 ’79 & ’83 are not powerful enough and upgrades would cost too much.]

[This is the cheapest car available to enter.]

IB2 – 45,900$ - Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) ‘96
[This is the cheapest car available to enter.]

IA3 – 20,500$ + 5,200$ for Transmission and Stage 1 Weight Reduction for GT-R N24 GT Academy ‘12
[These upgrades are much cheaper than a new more powerful car; I chose transmission and weight reduction instead of a power upgrade since the handling of this car is very difficult with too much added power; the weight reduction and transmission allows for better cornering and accelerating which is what is needed because this car already has a higher top speed; this is a very challenging race with these upgrades, but it is the best and most fun One-Make race.]

Total: 847,100$

Grand Total = 1,133,850$ (including the wasted 250$ for one oil change)

**I strongly suspect that when the Red Bull Senior comes out all the upgrades for the AMG VGT will not be necessary because the Red Bull will likely be able to be used for Like the Wind. This would mean the game could be completed with 1,068,600$ + the cost of RH tires for the RBS.

I can't wait to see how your choices compare to mine, Mr.Slow. :cool:

Last edited:
I finally reached 99% with the following results. :D

I can't wait to see how your choices compare to mine, Mr.Slow. :cool:

Would that be from the 'original' run or from the 'modified' run (after I went back o 69% and did your 'trolling for stars' fork) ??

I haven't finished the second try (currently at 89%) but the main difference so far is that the first time around I bought the Toyota 7 70 (about 2 mill) for the classic races. Apart from that only a couple of things come to mind.

One Make IA3: I did it with the stock car. Pain in the neck but the trick is to hang back in 10th place until just before the first carousel, the AI starts to slow down a bit after that. Then you slowly work your way to 5-6 place by the second carousel. At that point there is usually a glut of 4 cars a couple of seconds in front and one lone leader a further 2 seconds in front. Because your car has higher top speed you overtake the 4 half way the long straight and catch up to the leader as he enters the kink at the end of the straight. Overtake on the left and hold the line whilst breaking as late as possible. Then just keep it clean and block him to the finish…. then go have a couple of shots of whiskey!

Now I had aids (including SRF) on...

Like The wind: The first time I used the Toyota 7 with a Turbo3

IB2: I am sure I used another car but could not find it doing a quick scan of my notes.

Other than that we made pretty much the same choices … great minds...

Would that be from the 'original' run or from the 'modified' run (after I went back o 69% and did your 'trolling for stars' fork) ??

One Make IA3: I did it with the stock car. Pain in the neck ...

Now I had aids (including SRF) on...

IB2: I am sure I used another car but could not find it doing a quick scan of my notes.

Other than that we made pretty much the same choices … great minds...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to your unpublished One-Make Race car selections.

For a minute I thought you meant you used the Stock Car in IA3. :lol: I tried to use the GT-R N24 in stock form but I was always 4 or so seconds behind on my best runs (I don't use SRF).

For IB2 you might have used upgrades on the Stingray Concept Race Car prize car. I almost thought about maxing out all the upgrades on this car and trying it for both IB2 and the Historic Racing Cup but the upgrades cost more than the two cars combined and didn't get close to the Challenger C/T Race Car's PP. It also does not handle well with all that extra power. :crazy: It's possible that you bought less than 45,900$ in upgrades for just IB2 though.

I finished the Historic Racing with the Stingray fully upgraded. I'm not sure but I think I spent about 120k for tunning the Stingray.. I also manage to win the Historic with a Ferrari Dino (150k (car + upgrades)).. a little bit cheaper than the Challenger...
I also manage to win like the wind with stock Audi S1 for the first race and the McLaren F1 for the last race.. can't win the SS7 race in a stock car.. maybe when the other vision cars came up...

Awesome work here Mr. Slow and Hastatus 👍

I have a query though, is there any need to buy "GT Racing Kart 125 SPL"? I presume it was for "IB GT Kart Championship 125" but the stock Red Bull Prize Kart can be used to win it pretty easily?

Once again, I really like this idea...kudos to you both!!!

I finished the Historic Racing with the Stingray fully upgraded. I'm not sure but I think I spent about 120k for tunning the Stingray.. I also manage to win the Historic with a Ferrari Dino (150k (car + upgrades)).. a little bit cheaper than the Challenger...
I also manage to win like the wind with stock Audi S1 for the first race and the McLaren F1 for the last race.. can't win the SS7 race in a stock car.. maybe when the other vision cars came up...

Did you use the Stingray with or without SRF? I'll have to go back and try these races again. If I recall the race was very close with the Challenger and the upgraded Stingray didn't come close to the PP and with the slippery handling I had my doubts...even with upgraded tires. I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe I upgraded the car too much and broke it. :embarrassed:

Yeah the stock Audi S1 made LTW#1 easy and gives an easy 2nd place for LTW#3. :sly: I never considered the McLaren F1 and the Dino! Great catches. 👍

Awesome work here Mr. Slow and Hastatus 👍

I have a query though, is there any need to buy "GT Racing Kart 125 SPL"? I presume it was for "IB GT Kart Championship 125" but the stock Red Bull Prize Kart can be used to win it pretty easily?

Once again, I really like this idea...kudos to you both!!!

The Red Bull Kart was sadly not able to enter the race the last time I checked :mad:, but that was in 1.02...it could have been changed since 1.03? I have not been able to check again as of yet.

Did you use the Stingray with or without SRF? I'll have to go back and try these races again. If I recall the race was very close with the Challenger and the upgraded Stingray didn't come close to the PP and with the slippery handling I had my doubts...even with upgraded tires. I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe I upgraded the car too much and broke it. :embarrassed:

Yeah the stock Audi S1 made LTW#1 easy and gives an easy 2nd place for LTW#3. :sly: I never considered the McLaren F1 and the Dino! Great catches. 👍

I used all the aids possible for the Stingray... impossible for me driving that car without it.. you also have to skip races until you get the D car leading the pack.. 2J and 7 are on a different level..

yeah the F1 is a beast and can reach 440 kmh stock..

Updated to 80%

yeah the F1 is a beast and can reach 440 kmh stock..

I knew the F1 could go fast but I could never tame it properly. However for the third like the wind there is not much need for handing... so I'll give it a try on the second game

Last edited by a moderator:

You are 100% correct on this. Evidently patch 1.03 now allows the Red Bull Kart to be used for this race. It's kind of hard to find the cheapest path when the rules keep changing...sheesh...:irked:

Did you do the last race with the F1 stock? I just did it with just engine tune 1 and stock tyres. It really depends on the lineup though, If you get the two veryons, one of them is too far in front. If you get the GT by Citroen and the FXX like I did you can catch up to the GT and just hang back a bit at the second turn then gun it as you come off the turn and cross the line one car length in front. It is definitely easier to time the drafting with the F1 than something like the Nascar car...

OK Here is the skinny on the expenses:

5000$ - Engine Tune 1 for McLaren F1 --- unnecessary since I got the Tune 2 in the end
17,500$ - RH for McLaren F1
20,000$ - Engine Tune 2 for McLaren F1
10,000$ - Racing Exhaust Engine for McLaren F1 for Like The Wind Races**

20,500$ - Supercharger for Challenger for the last Historic race (kept getting the T7 in the lineup)

4,250$ - Dirt Tires for KTM Xbow for Dirt Trials Races

Total: 269,250$

One-Make Races:

IB2 – 0$ - Used the stock Stingray Racing Concept. Took about 10 tries. Get the David and Goliath trophy

IA3 – 0$ GT-R N24 GT Academy ‘12 in stock form... SRF was on

Total: 792,500$

Grand Total = 1,061,750$ (including the wasted 5000$ for one engine tune 1 for the Mclaren F1)

another tip(ok.... cheat) for the LTW.. you can enter those races with the RBJ.. just buy comfort hard(1350 Cr.).. :cool:

yeah... it's way too easy... but it's way cheaper than buying all the upgrades for other cars.. you can definitely stay under 1 million Cr. total..

Mr.Slow, what was your balance on 100% completion? Would be nice to see it on bottom line of spreadsheet. I have about 21million now with Super License section to be completed.

Mr.Slow, what was your balance on 100% completion? Would be nice to see it on bottom line of spreadsheet. I have about 21million now with Super License section to be completed.

21 million is in the ballpark. I stopped writing down the total around 92 percent when the login bonus became available. If you don't login or if they take it away when you are following the cookbook or if you have to do a race 50 times instead of 10 then the totals would be completely off compared to the cookbook.

For example: I have done two game saves. The first time I got to 69% without spending any money. Then Hastatus pointed out a way to get further than that. I was at 99% already (with a balance around 18mill) . I went back and did what he suggested. But the second time around the login bonus was active and there a few races that I won on the first go (because I already had done them before and knew what to do) so I was getting more credits per race but doing races less times therefore ending up with less credits in total (per race). I ended up with just over 20 mill

A second more extreme example is Hastatus himself, if you look at his screenshot you can see that doing 2000 extra miles of racing the Nascar Car in the last International A event must be worth some credits... His total is 40 million....

Very good points! Also didn't consider pre-order anniversary cars... Obviously still a great insight, I thought I was getting by not spending much, but I bought a Toyota 7 and blew your total in one purchase! Ooops...

Very good points! Also didn't consider pre-order anniversary cars... Obviously still a great insight, I thought I was getting by not spending much, but I bought a Toyota 7 and blew your total in one purchase! Ooops...

So did I (Buying the Toyota 7) the first time around!

For those looking for a different challenge or stuck at a point in the game with not enough credits or simply confused by the gazillion cars available I put together a cookbook showing how to get 100% with the least amount of credits.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and for sharing with us. 👍 👍

How did any of you beat any or all of the karting races ? did the right setup or settings help to get you close to 100 percent ?

The cookbook spreadsheet is the compilation of the "Look Ma, no wallet" threads in a spreadsheet form. It is formatted as a log so it can be followed like a recipe (hence the name).

Feedback is welcome 👍

Acknoledgment: Thanks to all those who contributed to the Look Ma No Wallet threads, specially to member Hastatus for his dogged determination and who found the way to get past 69%

Update 21/01 - Now up to 63%
Update 23/01 - Now up to 80%
Update 24/01 - Now to the end.

what do I use to open up the spreadsheet file ? and does it have all of the settings that I could to beat the karting races ?

Last edited by a moderator:
what do I use to open up the spreadsheet file ? and does it have all of the settings that I could to beat the karting races ?

It is an Excel spreadsheet.
As far as the karting races goes there are no settings to be used (I didn't use any). It is a matter of driving smoothly.

Back