GT6 crash my ps3

• Thread starter j0nny0093
  • 34 comments
Giovanni_0093
I don't know why but my ps3, when I'm playing Gran Turismo 6, after few mins (they can be 10 , 30 or 60, it's random ) just close itself with the 3 bip's and the led start blinking red ( no ylod ) .

Sometimes this appens also with other games, but very rarely : for example, yesterday I was playing TDU2, and only after few hours of playing I had the same trouble; another example, I played Gran Turismo 5 few days ago, trying to get the Alfa8c gold time at Eiger, and only after 2 hours my console crash.

So today I bought a thermal paste and change it , cause my console is almost 7 years old, try to play GT6 and again same problem: start the game, choose an event, play it, and pause for a little time... crash.

Funny things is that I played like 4-5 hours at Max Payne 3, never get a crash.

So I wanna ask you guys if your GT6 crashes your console too, or it's just my game.
Thanks.

P.S. I was thinking to reinstall the game, but I readed that sometimes the game refuse to upload itself and so i'm stuck :/

If it's happening with 2 different games (GT5 & GT6) & your console is 7 years old then it might be a problem with your PS3.

This is just a guess but it's something to consider.

I don't know why but my ps3, when I'm playing Gran Turismo 6, after few mins (they can be 10 , 30 or 60, it's random ) just close itself with the 3 bip's and the led start blinking red ( no ylod ) .

Sometimes this appens also with other games, but very rarely : for example, yesterday I was playing TDU2, and only after few hours of playing I had the same trouble; another example, I played Gran Turismo 5 few days ago, trying to get the Alfa8c gold time at Eiger, and only after 2 hours my console crash.

So today I bought a thermal paste and change it , cause my console is almost 7 years old, try to play GT6 and again same problem: start the game, choose an event, play it, and pause for a little time... crash.

So I wanna ask you guys if your GT6 crashes your console too, or it's just my game.
Thanks.

P.S. I was thinking to reinstall the game, but I readed that sometimes the game refuse to upload itself and so i'm stuck :/

A triple bleep and a flashing red light is known to be a precursor to a YLOD. You may want to get your PS3 checked out.

Backup your game save to a USB stick straight away. Then if you lose your machine, your data regarding your game progress should be safe & restorable.

Sometimes my game will freeze, but it has never shut down the console. Sounds like there is a problem with your PS3.

I know , this can be a precursor for Ylod . I'm angry cause right now I cannot buy a new console , but at least I want to take care about my console until it dies .

Yesterday I try to play TDU2, and after 2 hours my console crash again. Why has it to be very randomly??

At least, I can boot up my console and if I don't do anything it works without any crash in the XMB, so I can backup my HDD.

Gt6 makes my PS3 freeze, then I need to shut it down by holding the power button to restart. Am I heading for ylod?

It always freezes on good wood festival. I can do 1 or 2 tries at an event then it freezes. Same with the ib and ia mission tests.

Do you wanna laugh?

Start my ps3, let it open for 20 mins, then insert GT6, play, more or less 2 mins and crash.

I just left my ps3 off for a little, then open it again for 20 mins and then insert GTA V . No crash after 4 hours of GTA V running.

The ps3 fan is working perfectly, no jet sound.

-.-"

Gt6 makes my PS3 freeze, then I need to shut it down by holding the power button to restart. Am I heading for ylod?

It always freezes on good wood festival. I can do 1 or 2 tries at an event then it freezes. Same with the ib and ia mission tests.

Might be corrupted game data if it always freezes on the same events.

Do you wanna laugh?

Start my ps3, let it open for 20 mins, then insert GT6, play, more or less 2 mins and crash.

I just left my ps3 off for a little, then open it again for 20 mins and then insert GTA V . No crash after 4 hours of GTA V running.

The ps3 fan is working perfectly, no jet sound.

-.-"

What resolution are you running GT6 in? If it's 1080, try it in 720 instead and see if that helps.

What resolution are you running GT6 in? If it's 1080, try it in 720 instead and see if that helps.

1080p but it never gives me problems like this. Other games like TDU2 or Black Ops , which runs at 1080p, doesn't give me so much troubles.

P.S. Another hour of GTA V without a crash.

1080p but it never gives me problems like this. Other games like TDU2 or Black Ops , which runs at 1080p, doesn't give me so much troubles.

P.S. Another hour of GTA V without a crash.

They're different games with different requirements. GT6 was designed for the PS3, to use the hardware to the limits, while TDU2 and Black Ops are cross-platform games that are adapted to be playable on the PS3. They're probably not as demanding on the hardware as GT6 is, even at the same resolution.

Lowering the resolution of GT6 might help. If it doesn't, then at least you've tried it and then we can rule it out.

Corrupted game data? That sounds like im probably going to screw my game up by trying to fix it eh?

If it's corrupted game data, then reinstalling the game will fix it. It might take a while to install all the updates again though. Also, make sure you create a backup of your savefile first.

Of course, if you too are playing at 1080 you can try 720 first and see if that helps. It's quick and easy to test, especially compared to reinstalling the game.

I got a satellite internet hookup and I'm not going through the 4 days it took me to update again. So I'll try to reduce the resolution because I do notice a lot of stuttering even offline. How do I reduce the resolution exactly?

I got a satellite internet hookup and I'm not going through the 4 days it took me to update again. So I'll try to reduce the resolution because I do notice a lot of stuttering even offline. How do I reduce the resolution exactly?
Display settings in the XMB. I think you can change the resolution there.

After few tries I don't know what's the problem of my console. The problem is still here, only with few games like GT6, GT5 , TDU2 or others like Wipeout HD, instead I can play GTA V for hours, same for Max Payne 3.

Already tried to:
-change termal paste
-rebuild database+recovery file system
-swap HDD
-ps3 fan test ( to see if the fan doesn't work properly )
-change ps3 resolution

But the problem is so random (5,10, 30 mins and then crash ) and only with certain games, infact I can play hours and hours of some of them and get a crash after few mins of others. :(

I'll probably get a new ps3 super slim in next months, but for now is there something that I can do ???

After few tries I don't know what's the problem of my console. The problem is still here, only with few games like GT6, GT5 , TDU2 or others like Wipeout HD, instead I can play GTA V for hours, same for Max Payne 3.

Already tried to:
-change termal paste
-rebuild database+recovery file system
-swap HDD
-ps3 fan test ( to see if the fan doesn't work properly )
-change ps3 resolution

But the problem is so random (5,10, 30 mins and then crash ) and only with certain games, infact I can play hours and hours of some of them and get a crash after few mins of others. :(

I'll probably get a new ps3 super slim in next months, but for now is there something that I can do ???
It is time for a new PS3, and remember to backup you game saves to a USB. If you lived in Adelaide I would have gave you my other 160GB PS3.

I don't want to sound like a noob but I think there could be a problem with your blu-ray driver. I am not that experienced with hardware of ps3. I just wanted to share my idea. Hope it helps, though.

I don't want to sound like a noob but I think there could be a problem with your blu-ray driver. I am not that experienced with hardware of ps3. I just wanted to share my idea. Hope it helps, though.

That isn't a bad idea at all. @j0nny0093 could purchase the digital version of GT6 (I think it's $15 on the PS Store) and see if it crashes or not. If it does end up crashing then say bye-bye to your PS3 at the point. If it doesn't crash then it looks like a Blu-Ray drive problem. Spending the $15 is a risk but it's definitely a small one compared to buying a new Blu-Ray drive that might not be the solution to the problem.

That isn't a bad idea at all. @j0nny0093 could purchase the digital version of GT6 (I think it's $15 on the PS Store) and see if it crashes or not. If it does end up crashing then say bye-bye to your PS3 at the point. If it doesn't crash then it looks like a Blu-Ray drive problem. Spending the $15 is a risk but it's definitely a small one compared to buying a new Blu-Ray drive that might not be the solution to the problem.

It's not a Blu-Ray problem, cause I get crashes also with downloaded games (ex. wipeout hd).
In any case, I wouldn't spend any money on this ps3, It's not worth it consider that with 70 Euros I can get an used ps3 super slim which is like 1-2 years old .

It's not a Blu-Ray problem, cause I get crashes also with downloaded games (ex. wipeout hd).
In any case, I wouldn't spend any money on this ps3, It's not worth it consider that with 70 Euros I can get an used ps3 super slim which is like 1-2 years old .
Ah, so it's the downloaded games too. I think it is time to send your PS3 to the retirement home now and get yourself a new one for cheap like you said.

Thanks.

This is a problem with ps3fat, need the new console.

Good choice, slims are way more reliable than fat mainly because they have better/newer parts.

My new ps3 is currently on from like 18-19 hours, 'cause I'm installing and downloading all the games and updates (it's a bit boooring but it's worth it ) and It's very quiet :D

My new ps3 is currently on from like 18-19 hours, 'cause I'm installing and downloading all the games and updates (it's a bit boooring but it's worth it ) and It's very quiet :D
j0nny0093 - may I ask you a question as I am new to be online gaming. When u buy a game from PSN store - will all the games be downloaded to your PS3 memory or some other place in space? Highly appreciate your time! :confused::cheers:

Last edited:
j0nny0093 - may I ask you a question as I am new to be online gaming. When u buy a game from PSN store - will all the games be downloaded to your PS3 memory or some other place in space? Highly appreciate your time! :confused::cheers:
When you buy a game from PSN store, it will be only that game you purchase.

Back