GT6 Drift Challenge 3

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by fordlaser, May 4, 2020.

1. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Could someone on here can Help me please, on what tires are best to use for this ?. I use comfort soft F/R but I lose control, and I am using a DS3 and not my G29 because of the wheel have to much steering, thank you.

Z_Plan and 2_FAST_4_U like this.
  2. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

That is my nemesis also and the reason I haven’t got to 100%. For the life of me I have tried everything and have been unable to even get close to the Gold in almost every drift challenge... I am starting to think that different disks and of different countries might run differently... it has frustrated me that much !

fordlaser likes this.
  3. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I have Gold the other 2 Drift challenges with a DS3. but this car has more HP :scared:. On my DS3 I have my Driving Options I have Active Steering: Strong, ASM: On, ABS: 1 and Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0. The other 2 Drifts are kind of easy with these settings, but the 3rd one is killing me.

4. Thematic

Thematic

I barely got the gold out of this just last year and I used comfort medium tyres. I only use a wheel with GT6, for the previous game I tried drifting with sticks six and a half years ago. I don't think it really matters much which you choose at least when it comes to Coffee Breaks, the important thing is the fun factor.

I have that replay but can't think of much more pointers than the gears I used (paddle shifting), so:
    Section 1: 2
    1672 pts
    Section 2 (hard!): 3rd for a second, 4th for the rest
    956 pts
    Section 3: 2nd for the left, then to 4th and pumping the throttle, speedometer reads around 78 km/h
    3121 pts
    Section 4: From 1st to 2nd at the start, to 3rd at the "-" sign
    1556 pts (remainder, replay is ending too soon)

bjl23 and fordlaser like this.
  5. polysmut

polysmut Premium

Turn the ASM off. Permanently for everything really but especially for this.

bjl23 likes this.
  6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

The settings that I am using for my DS3 is working, because of practice. I was moving the DS3 stick too quickly, and I only need now 1100 points to get Gold so it is a matter of time now, and thank fo your help anyway :tup:.

bjl23 and Thematic like this.
  7. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

When I use my G29 I never use ASM but me being not that good at Drifting, ASM is a lifesaver in these Drift Challenges.

Edit: Just got Gold now on challenge 3, and I am glad it is all over now :cheers:.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  8. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

Congratulations ! :cheers: Wanna do mine too please lol ? :bowdown: :D

bjl23 and fordlaser like this.
  9. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

No, because they are pain in the you know what.

bjl23 likes this.