GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A RUF go of it...

lsweprN.jpg

Having a look at this week's duel, I just knew it was going to be a lopsided affair. Undaunted, I decided to give it a go. I'm a huge fan of RUF Automobile, always have been, always will be. They are one of my favourite German manufacturers, and they just keep getting better. On the flip side, I'm also well aware of what RE Amemiya has been doing since the 70's... they have earned the right to be called Master Tuners.

JXoWVWf.jpg

Seeing that the event was being hosted in Japan, I gave the blue "Demon Lord" the honour of first crack at the Time Trial. RX-7's have always been really good at corner carving. THIS RX-7 was famous for it. In this battle, it was also better prepared... 90 kilograms lighter, turbocharged with extra boost, and has a 70+ ft-lbs of torque advantage over the RGT. I won't even bother going into the aerodynamics issue. This thing was purpose built for eating competition.

Motegi East Course results: 1:26.144 on SM tires.

MrBFpov.jpg

The fact of being a RUF, instantly gives it an advantage if you were to compare it to the 911 GT3 from Porsche. Even though we don't have them here in Gran Turismo, I would bet the RGT would beat it quite handily if we did. It's just better built, which includes aerodynamic features not found on the normal 996 version. Even with better features however, it still has a very concerning 42/58 weight distribution. How did it do???

Motegi East Course results: 1:27.318 on SM tires.

Not bad really. I was expecting worse than just 1.174 seconds worth of a difference. The RGT is also naturally aspirated, which means the engine is kicking it alone... these hamsters aren't using Performance Enhancing Drugs like the JDM car. Here in GT6, it also has 14pp less after the oil change. My heart is with the RUF. My head is with the RE. I've owned both cars for quite some time, and have decent tunes for both.

With that being said, my experience gives the advantage to the RE Amemiya... even though my heart says otherwise. Truth be told, I love both of these cars.

Cheers

I saw the call out for more times needed and even though I wasn't mentioned, I decided to make my presence known in the Time Trial for this week. :)

Showed up in the RUF, threw on some SM tyres and went to work.

My Target? Barons RX-7 time of 1.26.1.
My Result? Nearly 2 seconds faster at 1.24.354, a rapid time if I say so myself. :bowdown::lol:

I drove the RX-7 in the early days of GT6 and it was a very capable machine and still is even today.

The RGT is the tricky one to drive of the two with the engine at the back, but rewards those who can tame it.

The RX-7 is better as a good all rounder and can really tear up the twisty roads.

Head says RX-7, Heart says RGT, but given I can get more satisfaction driving a tricky car quick gives the edge to the RGT. 👍

It was the same in the previous club with M5, RS6, S
I saw the call out for more times needed and even though I wasn't mentioned, I decided to make my presence known in the Time Trial for this week. :)

Showed up in the RUF, threw on some SM tyres and went to work.

My Target? Barons RX-7 time of 1.26.1.
My Result? Nearly 2 seconds faster at 1.24.354, a rapid time if I say so myself. :bowdown::lol:

I drove the RX-7 in the early days of GT6 and it was a very capable machine and still is even today.

The RGT is the tricky one to drive of the two with the engine at the back, but rewards those who can tame it.

The RX-7 is better as a good all rounder and can really tear up the twisty roads.

Head says RX-7, Heart says RGT, but given I can get more satisfaction driving a tricky car quick gives the edge to the RGT. 👍
Great time for the RE, so what is the time for the RGT?

Managed to get a couple of times in during this trial thankfully. Observing the gentleman's agreement, both of the cars were put on Sports Medium tires to place them on even ground. I'm familiar with the RGT and I've found it to be a very fun car, but it'll be interesting to see how it sorts itself against a Japanese legend with the togue-treatment.

Motegi East Trial:
FD3S - 1:30.178
RGT - 1:30.655

Leading by just about half a second is the FD. This car is definitely a tuner oriented for speeding down mountain passes. It has the characteristic light-rear that steps out in corners, and the aerodynamics to still keep it planted when it needs to be. By contrast, the RGT is the car to thrash about for fun. This feels like something I'd want to do some laps around the Nurburgring in.

With my times not getting anywhere near the front-runners, it's still clear to me that the RX-7 is the better performing car, and thus wins the vote.

Last edited:
Nice times guys! I tried to stay exclusively into the track limits and not overdo it in order to just learn those car's limits, habits when pushed and chassis tendencies in about 10-12 laps. Thankfully this track is well known from both GT5 and GT6 as I used it for a test track for many cars back then (GT5 times). So, with SM tires and only RGT to have its oil changed (to lower the gap in PP between them) here are their laptimes.

RGT '00 - 1:28.318 (8 points)
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - 1:27.501 (10 points)

A clear win for tuned FD3S here. Aero helped it muchly in some quick corners but its tendency to understeer (suspension setup for safety more than hotlapping) in low speed corners allowed the RGT to be close to it and take advantage of its better suited to Motegi gear-ratio and of its non-existent inertia of its front end, being RR. The RGT, being an upgraded 911 GT3 gen 1 is a great machine, hiding at times its back end's weight (great suspension setup) and allowing the driver to put the power down very early on the exit of the corner, being NA helping with smoother torque delivery. RE RX7 is great but some light tuning (toe and camber only) on its racing suspension can easily make it more than 1 secs faster on this track as its power delivery from the turbo spins the wheels even on 3rd gear when cornering. Those are my driving impressions behing the wheel (wheel and pedals were used in this test).

Having some free time to analys the times from their replays in Motec tool (thankfully Motegi is read proprerly in it to get the correct numbers), some interesting facts were found:

RGT and FD3S were very similar in lateral G (=grip force while cornering) in the slow corners and FD3S was 0,1-0.15G better in fast ones having aero on it. This is clearly shown in the slowest corner of the circuit where both of them had 70km/h in the apex. Moreover, top speed was in RGT's favor with 227km/h surpassing the 222km/h of FD3S. 10 points for FD3S in grip and 9 for RGT, but 10 points for speed go to RGT and 9 go to FD3S.

In acceleration on the main straight from 130-200 km/h (80-123mph), RGT needed 7,04 and FD3S needed 7,67 secs. RGT gets 10 points vs 8 points for FD3S for high speed acceleration.

In braking from 200-100 km/h before the corner 5 in the beginning of sector 2, RGT needed 73m while FD3S needed 66m. FD3S wins here and gets a 10 while RGT gets 8 points.

My winner is RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 for being great in design and tuning detail (10 points vs 7 of RGT's), able to be tuned without buying a suspension setup, being much cheaper (143K for RGT and 100K for FD3S) and also for being faster (not by much though) than RGT on the track. RGT is better in real-life aftermarket value most possibly though as it is a collector's car being ultra rare. So, RGT gets 6 points and FD3S gets 8 points for price and value, for a total sum of 58 points for RGT and 65 points for FD3S.

greddy-mazda_rx7.jpg

Last edited:
Ruf RGT vs Re Amemiya FD3S RX-7

German Techno vs Japanese Thrash Metal?

rx3.jpg

Red Oni vs Blue Oni?

Off the Bat I already know and enjoy these two. The RGT is a rock solid sub 500pp stock car. All the good stuff, nice power, light weight, lots of rearward mass to make any bouts of oversteer that bit more attention getting, because losing the back end of a Porsche/Ruf is the ultimate test for the 'buttock clench' into a corner.

The RX7. The base car is awesome, the sneaky rotary engine make it seem like a pathetic dweeb with no heart or power... 665cc Engine? Pah my Victa Lawmower has more powah!. But rotary engines are compact and let there performance do the talking, However they can be a bit low on Torque - which does make the base car a bit gentle in terms of power delivery - very friendly - But the RE Amemiya isn't stock, the Turbo is much more beefy and the car itself is more Mr. Spock than Stock. Logical solutions all over the place make this car far more efficient and handles like a Vulcan Mind Meld.

So - after that trip down Memory lane which car is best?
Well I'd put a big bet on the Amemiya, mostly as the RGT is my 4th favourite Ruf, but the Amemiya could be my favourite Mazda(ish) car. (More than a Furai? Yes or a Lantis? Let's be serious!)

Pre fight -
Bah The new seasonal at Trial Mountain looked great - the Red Oni took to the Mountain and struck fear into the 550pp cars getting a cheeky win a big bucket of Kazula a couple of horrendous paint chips but a Garaiya GT300 car. This instantly made me love the RGT!

However the RE Amemiya was banned!

That is one of those things I factor into what car is better and the RGT does have a few tricks - Being under 500pp stock is a huge plus point but by being a "normal car" you can race in all sorts of events that the Amemiya is restricted from. The Amemiya is also thicker on PP so if you have a 500pp limited event you will have to ballast or choke the engine intake to get the PP score down.

But you have to balance how fast they are.
rx2.jpg

Handling - Unfortunatley for Ryk, things went down hill here as his controller decided to be a bit "fluttery" randomly firing off buttons and generally ruining things. (Percussive maintenance)

I did manage to run Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - and it will come as no surprise that the RX-7 was faster by about 2 seconds, but on an open track the RGT will have a top speed advantage, however in the corners the Japanese car has the whip hand with superior braking performance, more ability in the corner itself and due to the combination of lower weight and downforce and thicker turbo torque gave it a heavy punch out of slower corners. The RGT is no slouch but often in the corners the rears do get over worked and you will transfer speed into tyre smoke as they lose traction.

Both cars are great fun but Ryk picks the RX7 as I am not a big fan of the Porsche 996 model when you can get the Ruf BTR.
rx1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I have been busy the past few days, but I'm back with the next duel! But first let's tally up the votes from last week:

RUF: 1
RX-7: 4

So, I'd say the clear winner is the

2832592433_997d9268f2_z.jpg

2000 RE Amiyamiyaayamiya RX-7 FD3S

(congrats to @Draggon and @Vic Reign93 for the best times in the RX-7 and RUF)

Now to this week's duel. It's been a few weeks coming and it's finally here: the GT3 vs GT500 Duel!

GT6 Duel of the Week #82: GT3 vs GT500!

2016-Nissan-GT-R-SUPER-GT-Motul-OKAYAMA-Race.jpg
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_silverstone_29-11-115-22-51-57.jpg

So, this week you have free reign to pick and choose any GT3/500 cars you want to compare. Tell me which motorsport is better, which one do you prefer? Which one is faster? The time trial for this week will be Spa Francochamps, so be ready for some red water! Not saying that blood will be spilt, but this will be a pretty ferocious duel!

See you next week!​

GT3 are heavily modified road cars and GT500 are racecars that are made from scratch and have a suit on them that resemble to a road car. GT500 are the ultimate racecars below the Formula cars and the LMP1&2 racecars nowadays with more than 600PS since 2015. I like them better than the GT3s when pushing them on track tbh. And on Spa they will be great also.

I propose we all agree into not allowing skid recovery any more in our club trials since it makes the grip levels and the cars reactions clearly less realistic when pushed hard. I never use it no matter what since when I compared it to it being off and saw the difference in the early days of GT5.

I propose we all agree into not allowing skid recovery any more in our club trials since it makes the grip levels and the cars reactions clearly less realistic when pushed hard. I never use it no matter what since when I compared it to it being off and saw the difference in the early days of GT5.
Second this.

I pretty much leave off any driving aid that isn't ABS set to 1, so I don't have an issue with that.
I do exactly the same mate, but as there is a friendly competition here if, for example, half of us is driving with aids off and the other half with them on, it isn't so fair and square for the results. On the other hand, my main purpose for pariticpating is the fun of driving, posting my findings and reading the great posts of you guys, so whatever we decide I am in. :cheers:

GT500 vs. GT3

Right had a look at my cars and my choice to fight will be...

The BMW Z4 GT3 vs. the Lamborghini Diablo GT1

I did look at the HSV-010 and the SLS GT3 - but they were night and day ... I looked in my Garage list and noticed the Z4 and the Diablo were just a single PP apart.

Ran a swift head to head race at Motegi Full against some Super GT drones - and both got the win, but the Diablo was faster - both had fun handling qualities - a bit weak in the heavy braking areas - Engine notes are okay...

The Z4 has much better aerodynamics and in stock form the German car is a smidge more planted - But the Mid Engined Diablo is a much more sleeker car - and being longer should mean it has less drag... but the stubby nosed BMW should have far more refined aerodynamics.

Looks? The Diablo is a wide low angular beast a lot of straight lines. The Z4 is a pleasing shape - bulging rear wheel arches - Reminds me a bit of a Gillet Vertigo - however the nose of the Z4 is a very distant second place. The front of the Z4 has the nasty echo of Bangle about it. Bad idea of me to compare it to the Vertigo as it falls way short in terms of looks or character.

Winner Lamborghini Diablo Nomad GT-1
so a win for the GT500 team -

Sorry rushed but I guess I'll have superbowl themed event for next weeks duel

At Mid-Field on Comfort Softs, the X-Bow R is a solid 3 seconds quicker than its soft-core sibling. Let's go to the specs!

KTM X-Bow R '12
2.0L
298 hp / 6,000 rpm
295 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
790 kg (1,742 lbs)
555 pp

KTM X-Bow Street '12
2.0L
236 hp / 5,500 rpm
229 ft-lb / 2,000 rpm
790 kg (1,742 lbs)
518 pp

Weight remains unchanged, horsepower difference of 59 and torque of 66. I suppose they call it a Street because its torque peaks a whopping 1,500 rpm sooner than in the track version, with 229 ft-lbs of twist at just 2,000 rpm, propelling only 1,742 lbs via the Audi engine in the middle, with all power delivered to the rear wheels. The R car has a nearly 300 hp 300 ft-lbs figure. Very nice.

151 mph - R
139 mph - Street

Here at Mid-Field, The Street is as fast as a Nissan GT-R '07 , but the R is one of the fastest cars in the game. I wish Mazda would do the opposite of what KTM did with the X-Bow and build a motorcycle based on MX-5 philosophy :bowdown:

Wrong thread.

I didn't realize until I got a surprising lap in the HSV-010 Anniversary Edition that its got 72 more hp than the normal models with no change in weight. It just feels made for Spa. After several laps I was able to get into a rythm and put down some consistent laps. It was pretty easy to get progressively faster laps, eventually picking up over 2 seconds.

I also ran the SLS GT3. It's one of my favorite cars but not anywhere near as good as the HSV. It felt like the front end didn't have enough downforce, or the rear had too much. I was not consistent, and made some errors on every lap. Overall, I'd say with this car it seems to be a lot of work to go fast, at least compared to the HSV.

I might try the Z4 GT3. People seem to use this for the seasonal TT's quite a bit, its just that I don't even have one in my garage because I cannot stand how it sounds.

Time to reveal my findings and my choice of cars in this great competition.

A great choice again for this comparison as Spa is one of the best circuits I love to race on and the GT3 and GT500 categories both have great choice in variety of cars.

Since I didn't find much time to test more than 2 cars (I would get Z4 GT3 vs Honda HSV-010 for the best times on Spa), I preferred to test 2 of the same model and manufacturer to get a clear picture of the difference in the regulations that result in big performance gap also: The GT500 XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 vs the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13. Let's see the results (some were extracted from the replays' data when they went into Motec i2 program):

XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 - 2:16.988 (an almost good lap there) (10 points)
GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 - 2:20.757
(it could get close to 2:20 with more effort from my behalf) (7 points)

Max speed were 262km/h for the GT500 and 263 km/h for the GT3 (practically a draw in points here), while in the legendary Eau Rouge the lowest speeds were 224 and 192 km/h respectively (10 points for GT500 and 7 for GT3) and this clearly show their level of aero they carry on them with the GT500 being glued on the track and the heavier and less aero supported GT3 being on the edge. In the Pouhon corner (the ultra fast one with the 2 apexes) the lateral g forces they reached were 2,36 for the GT500 and 2,16 for the GT3 car (10 points for GT500 and 8 for GT3).

Acceleration from 100-240 km/h (exiting the 1st corner and heading for the Eau Rouge) needed 10,366 secs for GT500 (8 points) and 9,728 secs for GT3 (10 points), proving the big aero drag of the 1st one that gives it the big grip advantage on the other side. Their brakes were tested when braking for the last corner of the lap (the infamous La Source) and the distance/time needed to slow down from 200-0 km/h were 52m/1,34" for GT500 (10 points) and 55m/1,4" for GT3 (9 points).

Their cost to buy them in GT6 is 950k credits for the GT500 (6 points) and 350k credits for the GT3 (10 points). That is perfectly normal as the GT3 is a tuned production GTR and the GT500 is a racecar built from the ground up with a carbon chassis and a unique V8 NA engine especially built for the GT500 regulations.

The total sum of the points are 64 for the GT500 and 61 for the GT3. A clear win for the XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08

08_GT-R1.jpg

Last edited:
Once again, work and other goings on in life have kept me from doing the duel as such, :( but here's my two cents' worth on this battle, which is frankly my favourite ever and I really wish I'd been able to spare the time to do it...

Super GT cars are basically a Japanese variant on DTM. Take the highest performance cars from the local region, stick a large and precisely designed body kit comprised of various spoilers, wings, diffusers and other racing goodies on them, add an eye catching livery, and go racing! When driving them, I never feel in any danger of spinning or the car betraying me, and they boast some rapid acceleration and top end speed.

GT3 cars are basically the same as Super GT, but the aero kits are less complicated, the cars are a bit more exotic and the racing takes place at venues like the Nurburgring, Hockenheimring, Eurospeedway and Brno. Other than that they're pretty similar, some GT3 cars have even participated in Super GT races, such as the Audi R8 LMS Ultra. However when driving them, they feel a little heavier and require a bit more attention than their Japanese counterparts. They're not harder to drive as such, just a little less responsive. Funnily enough, while everyone claims the Z4 GT3 is the car to have, I actually really dislike it. Not sure why, I tried racing it, and it just didn't agree with me the same way some other GT3 cars do.

Waffling aside, my choice is GT3. Because I absolutely adore the SLS AMG GT3. Fun to drive, sounds grouce, and it's one hot car! :drool:

Hey guys! I wanted to put up a notice saying I'm not dead! I've just been spinning out a tonne because I got used to Driveclub and TDU2, and now I feel the weight of my Ferrari 458 in the corners more than ever.

Announcement time! A new duel is coming next week, obviously. So if any regulars or newcomers haven't written a vote yet, nows your chance.

I'd like to also state my intentions on holding a Duel of the Week Stock Supercar race sometime in the future. I'll explain that later if this idea gains enough interest.

ThPHmGgLe6j9Qgw1B_0.jpg

So, this "GT6 Stock Supercar Race". How does it work and why should I care? Well, these are two things I'll be answering very shortly. But here's a new idea from the bowels of my mind. A race that takes place on one of the best tracks in all of Gran Turismo, and features some of the best cars from the series too.

As you all know, as fearless leader I choose the first car. This one also happens to be my favourite car, the Ferrari 458!

These cars will be pitted head to head in a glorious competition of stock car supremacy. So first, let's go over the venue.

Midfield Raceway!

Tumblr_lslk8siw6a1qeyfrko1_500-1-.jpg

Here's a track great for testing all sorts of cars. Technical turns, high speed straights, the lot!

NHmIPWsR40bo96gapr_0.jpg

The Ferrari 458 is capable of a laptime of 1:14.7 around Midfield Raceway in my hands on a good day. So I dare you to find a car that you like. That's not the 458 of course, to drive off against mine in the competition. Here is what you must find:

A car that is...

...Road Legal...
...Can Lap Midfield 1 Second Faster OR Two Seconds Slower Than The Italia...
...A Car That You Enjoy Driving...

Remember, there are no age restrictions on this car. Show up in a Diablo GT if you're feeling brave.

So post in the official bonus stage thread anytime after I post this announcement. Included in your post must be...

...A picture of your car with your driver in front of it...
...Facing the steps of the church in Photo Travel, the one in the picture above if you're wondering...
...The lap time you achieved around midfield with your car, either a screencap or a video...
...A can of beans! (jk)

KMSzgFdRLpv4j7ovLn_0.jpg

Ah yes, a good question my friend. What is in this for you? Choosing the next THREE WEEKS FOR ME!!!

First place will choose a duel they would like to see featured, second place will choose the next and third will also choose a duel. However, these choices will be put into priority from first to third place. So come first and beat me. The catch is that if I finish in the top 3, non of this matters and the duel choosing is done by me as usual. So don't come last, it's that simple.

Why am I in such a cocky mood? Well, I got bored of the AI and I want a real man to come and race me! I'm also trying to get whoever's reading this hyped up! Come on! You can winnnnn! Or maybe, if I'm faster than you!!!

So mosey down over, @Cowboy! Stop being a heretic on your fancy next gen X-Box games!!!

Get your head out of the sky @Obelisk, come down from your absurd monument and race us!!!

I don't think I'm OK @Rotorist, why do ya think I'm yelling so much!!!

I forgot who @ThrasherDBS even was because he chomped on my dust so hard in the time trial I forgot to attend!!!

I'm Tired of you winning all the time @Draggon! Feel the wrath of this dragon!

The only thought sillier than any of the thoughts @Ryk has ever had are any of you beating me!!!

@Snake55wildcat only show up so little because he's scared of me!!!

THIS IS @MidFieldMaven'S HOME TURF FOR GOSH SAKES!!! WHATURYADOING MAN?!

@Vic Reign93 is crying because he has to use a RUF!!! LOSER!!!

@Nismonath5! DON'T THINK YOUR ROLLING COMPUTER GTR WILL SAVE YOU! IT LOST IN THE LAST DUEL AGAINST THE 458!

ALL OF YOU POSERS OVER AT BEATER OR SLEEPER! COME OVER HERE AND LOOSE TOO!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DON'T ASK ME IF I HAVE A MIC! MY PS3 ONE BROKE A VERY LONG TIME AGO, SO TEXT ONLY SORRY!!

I HOPE I DIDN'T FORGET ANYONE, SORRY IN ADVANCE!!!

Louise-Evil-Laugh.gif

OH MAN THAT FELT GOOD!

*ahem*

You have one week to register with the above conditions, this event will be held sometime in February. We need to agree on a time first. The next duel will be posted Sunday Night! See you all then. and as always...

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.gif

Last edited:
@Nismonath5! DON'T THINK YOUR ROLLING COMPUTER GTR WILL SAVE YOU! IT LOST IN THE LAST DUEL AGAINST THE 458!

Ah, is that so? Well, I'll bite. :mischievous:

There are, of course, a wide range of supercars I like, but it looks like I was envisioned in a GT-R from the start. I also had to pick one of the also-numerous range of Godzillas at my disposal. To ensure the stock-ness of my vehicle, I went and picked up a fresh, new Black Edition. And as you may see from the screenshots, I beat the 458 on the opening lap. (These were, hand on heart, the only three laps I did in this GT-R)

20170129_202045.jpg
20170129_202050.jpg

Oh, and the also-required pic in front of the church? :D

Syracuse.jpg

(Also, just FYI, I'm pretty sure the Diablo GT2 isn't road legal, just saying...)

Last edited:
458 stock race

EEEugh Sunday Morning - Gran Turismo Duel event...

Blah too many words... Need to order a "Ted" -

Ryk - Can I order a Ted
Barlady - Probably, You just tell me what is in it?
Ryk - First you get some Rum - Do you have any of that Coca Cola?
Barlady - Oh, You mean a Rum and Coke?
Ryk - Yeah that's it. A Ted

...Some Time Later Ryk is poured out of his trailer into the car... a Ferrari 458.

Stock - save for No Traction Control, no Anti Lock Brakes -

1m15.7... What was that on the track... some Canadian Sandbags!

Not that fond of the Midfield Raceway track, the corners are still wonkey - some have more grip, others seem to give up on me and I'm not too happy with any of the lines I take -

So what car to race against this Ferrari -
559pp - 563bhp - 55kgfm torques - 1485kg - 43:57 - 100/200 fixed aero

How about... a French Mystery Car designed by Takumi Yamamoto?

560pp - 500bhp - 53kgfm torques - 1450kg - 44:56 - 300/550 stock aero

Can you guess what it is yet?

Two laps and it matched my 458 lap time... Bang that will be my car. They seemed pretty evenly matched to me.

I then had a proper go at it. Dropping the Mystery French car (This joke is going to run thin when the pictures pop up... wish I knew how to do them fancy spoiler tag things!)

9 laps of fun just edging the car along a bit faster, until 1m14.8 popped up. I knew it could get under 1m15 even in my condition.

Now the quattro cinque a otto... Well this car was a good match (Nice Choice there Ryk!) but alas when you push it to the edge on the brakes it is the front end that taps out and that means understeer if you ride the brakes, I like to trail into a corner and having the fronts rotating helps me no end to actually kiss the apex.. rather than spear of the track and give the armco on the outside a Glasgow Kiss. I managed to get to 1m15.0 (Not quite under) but then I ruined it by mashing up the Italian car.

So win for the GT by Citroen Road car designed by Takumi Yamamoto with a logo from a Polish Mills Geared wheels.

Now what else to I need to do...

Photo infront of a church...
Temple of Hercules.jpg

Temple of Hercules in Rome okay... nope... off Sicily!

Syracuse - Night.jpg

Up from the Depths, thirty stories High, breathing Fire, his head in the Sky...
Oh, it's just Ryk, Yesterday

Screen grab... Video? Good luck getting any of that!

1m14.813... That was a steady build up from 1m15 and small change...but I could see getting under 1m15 would be easy so long as I didn't over drive it.

Now as I have a strict no Photographs policy I have no evidence of such a blistering times... but I can quote from the Datalogger... Okay I can't even do split times... Ah well - I was fast really fast all graceful and smooth like a proper race driver and stuff.

I had a second go in the 458 and got down to 1m15.0 - but on lap 6 I dug deep into my big bag of driving talent and came out holding nothing but... understeer as I overran the first corner and mushed up my Ferrari, much to the amusment of the 100 or so people drinking Bovril in the stands outside the first corner. "Boo you suck - Rubbish!"

gtcitmonte.jpg

Wow the lake at Midfield is much bigger than I remember...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back