GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(Also, just FYI, I'm pretty sure the Diablo GT2 isn't road legal, just saying...)

Yikes! I meant the regular Diablo GT. My bad.

Alright, let's see here. I took both of my favourite GT500 and GT3 cars down to the track. Spa to be exact. I chose two FR cars, both with less than 500 horsepower and both with Racing Hard tyres. If I mess up typing this, it's because I'm eating Pitaya with a spoon at the same time. (you should try some, it's good.)

Here are the cars:
The 2001 Au Ceramo Creamsicle Supra
and the 2011 SLS MoterboatOnLand AMG (AMG standing for "ayyy it's an MG like a Rover". Great acronym choice guys.)

I can certainly say that the SLS is more of a challenge than the Supra, but the lap times speak for themselves.

SLS: 2:23.714
Supra: 2:21.855
Gap: +1.559

So, it appears that the Supra is faster and gets the vote for the GT500 class this week.

Let's see what you guys think:

GT3: 1 :boggled:
GT500: 4

So, looks like the gentleman's racing game bit the bullet against the young and hip J-Pop boy band.

The winner is the Super GT500 Series!

2014_Super_GT_Suzuka_race_start_(GT500).jpg

I suppose the joke's on them because they aren't included in GT Sport. LOL, get rekked! :lol:;):cheers::D:crazy:

Joking aside, I suppose we did have a time trial this week. Congratulations to @Baron Blitz Red and his Z4 GT3 for being the fastest on the Group GT3 side of things, and @Draggon with his dumb overused HSV-010 for winning the Time Trial overall.

I'll see you in a few hours with the next duel. It'll be interesting and a return to form to say the least.

GT6 Duel of the Week #84: This Seems Fair???

Ok, so last night, the voice of Cole2000 came to me in a dream from PSN and told me to use this idea for a duel next week. Since it was a private message I decided to go ahead and use it. I don't even know who this person is, so if your PSN ID is Cole2000, please step forward to claim your prize. Anyways, now on to this week's duel.

We have two supercars, both from the VW Audi group. One of them is not as crazy as it's siblings, and the other practically chews through dollar bills because of it's mere existence. Welcome two actually German cars and the two siblings of mother Dieselgate:

car-yellow-lamborghini-aventador-hd-wallpaper.jpg

The 2011 Lamborghini Rooney (Aventador)!!!

bugatti-veyron-wallpapers-copy.png

and the 2009/13 Bugatti Basketball Player!!! (Veyron)

this week's time trial will be held at Twin Rings Motegi Road Course, so pack your bags and get ready to head to Japanland for an exciting 15 minutes of not being able to turn and spinning out. I'd be surprised if you still had a full head of hair after this for the one's who aren't going bald already.

Also, for the Stock Supercar race... I've gotten my time down to just under 1.15! I'm getting in practice for this fateful February, and I hope you are too. Remember that the deadline for entry is the end of this duel, so make sure you pick a car before then and post it here! We will discuss times in a separate PM or Thread over in the Online section of the forum. Until next Sunday, see you later!

Last edited:
Oh whoops, I said that? Anyways, I'll make a separate thread for this race soon and link it here.
Yep and on that assumption I bought a Jaguar XJ220, 749.140cr that cost me. :crazy:

And it ran a 1:13.810, which would've put it in the 1 second range of your 'sub 1:15 time.' :)

But guess that brings the RUF back into the fight. :D

Alrighty then boyz, here's the link to the Stock Supercar thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-duel-of-the-week-bonus-stage-x-midfield.353298/

All submissions/entries must be posted there from now on to avoid cluttering this thread. Also, @Ryk I'm afraid the Citroen GT is a bit too fast by a few hundred milliseconds. Either get slower or switch your car please. No life step vans either, those are banned forever from this thread.

Edit: @Ryk and @Vic Reign93

You're fine for car choice Ryk, as for Vic, I've got the 458 down to a 1:14.7 now, so you might want to find some faster kit before the race starts. Do you want to go with the Jag now?

Last edited:
Right all sober now!
Did I really pick a French Car? Yeah I'll stay with it, it was about the same pace as the 458 when I pedalled it about Midfield - and I enjoyed driving it more.

DUEL
Big cars tiny little dainty track - what could go wrong?

Veyron - 38.5

What a ****box. Took me 6 laps just to get a clean lap!... even the laps I screwed up that invalid - I managed to invalidate the next lap. Yes it is loads of fun on the straights but it sucks hard in the brake zone and has the poise of an Elephant on Ice skates in the corners.

Twin Ring Motegi West Course_1.jpg

Aventador - 38.1

First lap... and could then punch in laps under 38.5 all day. With loads of power oversteer smoky tyre fun out of a corner. great - probably felt much better than actuality after that horror show from Alsace-Lorraine.

So for me the Lambo wins here - I guess if I got into the Veyron - then I could set a better time but the real risk is muffing a brake zone and finding the Bugatti gorging itself on gravel chips.

Just had a second go in the Veyron (To get a screen shot..) and knocked in a 37.8 just by not driving like a nutter. Still don't like the Veyron. Heavy 4 wheel drive - yeah sure it has a mighty engine but such a disgusting fatbody. -

The Aventador is Bigly.. but the Veyron is Biglyer - it may even be the Biglyest car.

Twin Ring Motegi West Course.jpg

Ryk would choose the Lamborghini - because Corners are meant to be fun.

Alrighty then boyz, here's the link to the Stock Supercar thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-duel-of-the-week-bonus-stage-x-midfield.353298/

All submissions/entries must be posted there from now on to avoid cluttering this thread. Also, @Ryk I'm afraid the Citroen GT is a bit too fast by a few hundred milliseconds. Either get slower or switch your car please. No life step vans either, those are banned forever from this thread.

Edit: @Ryk and @Vic Reign93

You're fine for car choice Ryk, as for Vic, I've got the 458 down to a 1:14.7 now, so you might want to find some faster kit before the race starts. Do you want to go with the Jag now?

Yes, i'll swap over to the XJ220. :)

The best thing about being in the GT-R as a collective term is that I'm not stuck in the one car. At the moment, I'm using the Black Edition, but if the pace gets faster and I run out of improvement, I can always swap it out for the GT-R Nismo... ;)

The best thing about being in the GT-R as a collective term is that I'm not stuck in the one car. At the moment, I'm using the Black Edition, but if the pace gets faster and I run out of improvement, I can always swap it out for the GT-R Nismo... ;)
While we're on this line of thought, the Toronado is viable if you can manage the oversteer. I'm going to switch off to a different car soon.

"This Seems Fair???"

Literally the best title for this particular duel.

In one corner, we have Lamborghini's most recent flagship supercar, taking the mantle from the aged Murciélago. Heavy and 4WD, this is one of the definitive supercars of the modern era, the Aventador.

In the other corner, championed by the "it's the car with the fastest top speed, so therefore it's the best car ever" crowd is the Bugatti Veyron.

I'm getting a flashback to the earlier duels in the "Duel of the Week" lineage. Back when we pitted the fastest production car in the world with the fastest naturally aspirated car in the world. In my tests, the Veyron came out on top, but because I reasoned that the McLaren F1 was a lot more spritely and fast on actual complex tracks, it got my vote. But, that was a case of hypercar versus hypercar.

This is supercar versus hypercar.

Twin Ring Motegi Trial:
Aventador - 1:59.669
Veyron - 1:57.448

So, let's be real here. They both have 4WD, exceed 1500 kilos and possess incredible power. But the fact remains that one has close to 1,000 horsepower, where the other is a tad short of 700. (Kinda feels uncomfortable treating a car with nearly 700 horsepower as "eh not quite as powerful" in this day and age. That's still a very impressive figure in its own right.) The Lamborghini is definitely more fun to drive, not being as heavy and understeery, but the point remains that the Veyron has gobs upon gobs of power from the twin-turbochargers and the W12 engine propelling this thing. The Veyron is a "point and shoot" sort of car. Get it pointed in one direction, then slam the gas pedal and watch it take off like shot through a gun in that direction. Getting it pointed in the direction you want is the challenge, but when you figure that out, you can maximize the potential of the car.

Veyron wins. Buy the Lamborghini if you want a fun car.

I've gotta say the Veyron surprised me as much as the Lambo disappointed me. I found the Lambo to be extremely loose, and offering little grip. Playing with the brake bias didn't help much, and I looped more than once. It should be faster than it is. As for the Veyron, maybe I liked it because I wasn't expecting much. Sure, it weighs a ton, and the front end washes out at a hint of agression, but dang its fast. Taking it for what it is, my only complaint is the brakes. They are great from 180mph down to about 80, then they seem to fade...hard to describe, but it felt like I had my initial braking point nailed only to go off the end of the track.

All that being said, I never got real comfortable with either car. I did, however, get one of those "perfect laps" that so often elude me in the Veyron, nailing all my points. 👍

Lamborghini Aventador: 2:00.901
Bugatti Veyron : 1:55.400

Winner, Veyron!

I'll have to vote for the Veyron, because it's one of those cars that logically should not work...But it just does. It's one of the faster cars around a turn in spite of its massive curb weight, which is a moot point anyways due to its immense straight-line power.

Aunt Jemima, I'd like to use the Veyron for the Midfield challenge.

I'll have to vote for the Veyron, because it's one of those cars that logically should not work...But it just does. It's one of the faster cars around a turn in spite of its massive curb weight, which is a moot point anyways due to its immense straight-line power.

Aunt Jemima, I'd like to use the Veyron for the Midfield challenge.

Laptime please. ;)

So, time to see how fast those 2 beasts are in Motegi circuit's full length version (the same one that MotoGP and JGTC are using for years). Test was done on SH tires. The club setting allowed RH but some of us decided to go on the stock ones.

Veyron 16.4 '13 - 1:55.701 (10 points)
Aventador LP 700-4 '11 - 1:58.224 (7 points)

From the speed perspective Veyron destroys any production car available in GT6 and so, Aventador as well. It reaches 270km/h in the back straight before the 11th corner (10 points), while the bull reaches 250km/h (6 points).
In corners it's another discussion though as in the slower ones the Bull goes by 10km/h or more above the Veyron and thus, the bull gets 10 points for its better grip and the big beetle gets only 7.

As for their handling behaviour, Veyron is safer than it should and doesn't allow the driver to play with it at all. It only drifts a bit on 2nd gear and low speeds due to its massive torque that breaks the grip there. Fun factor is absent there, and it gets 6 points for being too serious for a hypercar. It is an ultrafast GT car more than anything. On the other side, Aventador is showing its mass being on the rear of it when pushed, especially under braking, as its backside tends to open its line but AWD keeps it in check if the driver is aware of that tendency and doesn't risk too much. It also allows to drift a bit on the exit of the corners, especially the slow ones to put it on straight line and fully accelerate earlier. So, there is some fun in the bull, and it gets 8 points for its handling.

Their design is as different as it gets. Veyron is ugly imho, I could be mistaken on that if I could see that in person but never did so and it gets 5 points on this aspect, while Aventador gets 9 for being agressive, low, wide and generally speaking, a modern Italian supercar, even though that is the only Italian aspect of the car.

Price wise, the 2m credit Veyron vs the 400k credits of the Aventador tells everything, as you can buy 5 bulls for a beetle! And thus, Veyron gets 5 points for its value opposite to 10 points for the Aventador.

Summing the points of each car of this duel gives 43 points to Veyron and 50 points to Aventador, which would win even without putting the points gained from value with 38 to 40 as well.

Well done Lamborghini for this prestigious win over the fastest production car in GT6!

lamborghini-aventador-1.jpg

Let's hope that we will be able to compare the new Chiron to the significantly upgraded Aventador S sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
Alright, so it seems that despite the handicaps placed on the Veyron, the Aventador is still unable to keep pace with it's sister. The car is constantly a few seconds slower than the Veyron in almost everyone's tests. Mine were no exception. On the Twin Rings west course, the Veyron was getting consistant 0:35's for me, while the Aventador could only manage a measly 0:37. So in terms of sheer speed, the vote goes the Veyron.

Let's count 'em up...

Veyron: 3

Aventador: 2

This week's winner is the 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4!!!

bugatti-veyron-replica-1.jpg

(Congratulations to @Rotorist for the best Aventador time and @Draggon for the best Veyron time)

Looks like even though the Aventador has much better handling, you can't argue with 1,000 horsepower.

See you in the next duel!

Waflz, why do you keep posting pictures of Aunt Jemima?!

Ok, seriously. I second that roast now.

On to this week's duel.

Duel of the Week #85: FR Sports Duel!

This week we have two somewhat similar cars separated mostly by their engine choice. One car is some old-school fun, while the second has a fancy pop-up spoiler. I think this duel will be quite interesting. Introducing the...

2017-Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-S-front-three-quarter-in-motion-04-e1463520931310.jpg

2011 Aston Martin V12 Vantage!!

and the

toyota-ft-1-concept-3.jpg

2014 Toyota FT-1 Concept!!

The time trial this week will be held at Cape Ring Periphery! Make sure you check your apexes and nail the spiraling overpass to perfect your laptimes!

Also to add to that, I really want your final submissions for the Midfield Challenge, so please submit them so we can get that race moving along. ;)

Last edited:
I will not be able to do the Midfield challenge. My life is extremely busy. I'll try to do this week's time trial though.

Time trial is going up now, the Duel of the Week Midfield Bonus Stage race thing is also happening this Saturday at 10:00 (EST) so convert to your time zone so I know you can make it.

I wanted to put down some laptimes today for the FT-1, but it seems that I get stuck in an endless cycle of loading upon starting a new lobby. :ouch:

I suppose I'll just review the Nissan Primera instead today.

This sounds like an interesting duel. A couple of FR sports cars going head to head, one being a concept car, and the other a production model. However, as I found out, one was much better than the other. There have been duels where there was a big difference in PP, but there were also cases where the car with the clearly lower PP got incredibly close to the other car, or even took victory away from the "favorite" to win. This isn't quite the case here.

Cape Ring Periphery Trial:
V12 Vantage - 1:46.600
FT-1 - 1:41.950

The game may not supply a bunch of information regarding the performance specs of the Toyota FT-1, but driving both of these cars, I can definitely tell that the FT-1 is lighter than the V12 Vantage's 1680 kilos, and a lot more planted to the road. It also felt more fun than the Aston. I'm not sure if that played a difference in it being nearly five seconds faster, but truth remains, I have a clear winner.

The Toyota FT-1 gets my vote.

Back