GT6 feels very sterile to me - Fanatec user

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsrjedi
  • 34 comments
  • 4,509 views
I remember in the Academy demo earlier this year, the cars felt much more lively than GT5. You could really feel the weight of the 370Z & that really affected the feel, you had to control the throttle much more. Fast forward to the final release of GT6 and everything I've driven so far just feels very flat. I'm not feeling the weight or weight transfer in my S2000 or any other car I've driven besides the Stratos. Everything seems to have a massive amount of grip on their stock tires, much more so than GT5 had from what I remember. I'm using a Fanatec Turbo S with all assists off and steering set to simulation. I just feel like I'm missing something. For reference, I've completed the Novice series in the Fit, gone through a couple National B series in my S2000 and EVO VI TMR, gotten my National A license, and done some test drives with various 15th Anniversary cars.

What settings are Fanatec users using, and how does the game feel for you guys?

It's weird, because GT5 never felt this way and I remember distinctly being able to feel the cars in the demo from July.
I too enjoyed the handling and feel of the demo a lot; i tought it would be the same for GT6? :confused:
Can more people that did the GTA demo confirm this?
 
I have a GT3 v2 and haven't noticed any issues with it. Why is it useless?
It is working but feels strange, weight transfer feels way overdone while i almost cant feel driving on the curbs, and it start oscillating on straights if i make a small input.
 
I have to agree that I'm very disappointed with the overall feel as compared to the demo...The physics/road feel/feedback/weight transfer all felt so alive and amazing in that build, had me very excited about the final game.

I've been at it for a few days now on my DFGT and it just feels...boring. The feedback is very robotic and I'm not even getting the level of subtlety I seem to remember in GT5. I don't understand what happened.
 
I've heard, since GT emulates g27 for Fanatec that your wheel setting should be at default/100%/auto, and to only change in game settings.

Thomas will likely have a firmware update that's more ps3 friendly considering the lack of support of current hardware on new consoles, this would be my guess... Emulating the T500 might be a better option than Logitec...

I have a CSRE but haven't tested it yet as all the early races are very short and I've been lazy...
 
I have a Fanatec GT2, csr shifter, g25 pedals.

Simulation, ffb at 10, 900 degree, 100 force on wheel. Every other on wheel setting at 0.

Drives real nice. A huuge improvement over GT5.

Oversteer is an issue for me currently, I seem to catch it nice and then.. backwards. My pedals are wrecked though, throttle jumps all over the place and sticks on..

iracing still drives nicer and LFS is more fun to throw cars around on!

Forza on the other hand just broke me as it kept switching to 540 degree lock mid slide.. Although it did let me powershift!
 
Back