GT6/Forza on Facebook.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alss
  • 15 comments
  • 1,255 views
Messages
269
England
England
Messages
Blue--08--
Not funny but I had to laugh, When you go onto the GT related Facebook page be it GTplanets page or Granturismos page your greeted with mostly praise of the game itself but then go onto the T10/Forza 5 page and its all out war .
 
most of that is people crying about it not being on 360 or not having the equivalent of standard cars. There are idiots every where.
 
Everyone seems to love Asseto Corsa over both games. Poor T10 though, that page is a complete nutbag.
 
Their forum is better, some nutbags but also a lot of people hoping that they aren't changing things because hormone fueled 16 year olds are crying. Which seems to be a common thread with gamers.
 
Last edited:
Their forum is better, some nutbags but also a lot of people hoping that they aren't changing things because hormone fueled 16 year olds are crying. Which seems to be a common thread with gamers.
Their forum is only "better" because of the hyper-aggressive and completely one-sided moderation.
 
Their forum is only "better" because of the hyper-aggressive and completely one-sided moderation.

You can go and read it and find plenty of people complaining about things like they are here. Just like here they also delete the over the top clowns that can't put together a statement without being offensive. I've complained about things over there, don't be a jerk and you don't get moderated.
 
As for there fourm being better , would you care to elaborate in what way ? Moderation on this site imho is much better as said above moderation in the forza site is both rude and VERY one sided , I have all the forza games inc 5 but I rarely use there site.

Lancia stratos being broken lol nah you just got to learn how to drive it ;-)

Not sure I agree that its only children moaning about forza 5 I've got the game and it certainly has got some issues some of which could possibly be game breakers to a lot of people me included.

I am looking forward to project cars though that does look promising as does the crew for a bit of arcade style fun .

I personally think PD for the most part got GT right this time, I do hope the AI gets a stern talking to though :-)

As for forums imo this one wins hands down.
 
I meant their Forum is better than their Facebook feed, facebook feed is like a bunch of parrots yelling out "360" and "Less Cars." I've indirectly pointed people towards GTP/FP Forums here for sane arguments and perspectives. I don't think their moderation is any more rude than what people are posting. I've read plenty of the "why am i banned" threads with people dropping bombs, the mods replies with exactly why they are banned are hilarious. People don't show respect, they probably are going to be given any back.

I have it also and haven't come across anything game breaking, only annoyed by not being able to load my tune before each career race. Not getting paid for the use of my tunes is another, i get a lot of uses just not enough to get paid. I'd like to be able to sell them like in FM4. Also not being able to view them like design is annoying. I'm annoyed but gameplay has out shined those aspects.

Always looking for new games so Project cars is on my list as well. Favorite all time was "Le Mans 24 Hours" On Dreamcast and PS2.

Skipping out on GT6, first one i haven't purchased on day 1.
 
Oh don't get me wrong Im enjoying F5 I do wish the races were longer though more so now we have drivatars ( which I like ) the game seriously needs more tracks though, I don't like the lack of gifting or the way I now can't search for paints the art work of some of those guys is amazing but I'll be stuffed if I can find anything im looking for.

I do like the day to night in GT something Forza could benefit from imo I also like the way championships are comprised in GT in forza you don't even get a points table I feel a lot of what makes motorsport motorsport is missing from forza .

But I don't believe in forza vs gt to me a game racing fan its forza & GT


As for there forum moderation I think I'll just agree to disagree with you on that one ;-)

Can I ask why you've chosen not to buy GT6 ?
 
Maybe people generally had moderate expectations on GT6 after what they saw in GT5, while FM5 had that shiny next gen label on it, which may have gotten people to expect more from it than what's realistic for a launch title.

That could be one explanation for the different reactions, at least.
 
Oh don't get me wrong Im enjoying F5 I do wish the races were longer though more so now we have drivatars ( which I like ) the game seriously needs more tracks though, I don't like the lack of gifting or the way I now can't search for paints the art work of some of those guys is amazing but I'll be stuffed if I can find anything im looking for.

I do like the day to night in GT something Forza could benefit from imo I also like the way championships are comprised in GT in forza you don't even get a points table I feel a lot of what makes motorsport motorsport is missing from forza .

But I don't believe in forza vs gt to me a game racing fan its forza & GT


As for there forum moderation I think I'll just agree to disagree with you on that one ;-)

Can I ask why you've chosen not to buy GT6 ?

Day to night is another thing i want to see over there along with longer races so pit strategy comes in to play. Thats why Le Mans 24hours is my all time favorite.

I'm the same way about race games, If it's good I'll play it. More quality games is always better.

As for GT6, I got burned out from GT5. Sounds are a big part, I thought maybe the V8's would sound like V8's in GT4. When they sounded just as bad in GT5 I think my head almost exploded. Lack of current GT2 of the time was a let down. I follow ALMS, Grand-Am and sports car racing so no C6R, F430/458, M3 was another one. The AI bored me to death, 24 hour race at Le Mans was like 24 hours of hot lapping. They took what was successful from the beginning but never advanced it in a way that made game play better. In fact customizing seemed to step backwards in the series, no RM for most the cars, small wheel selection and paint chips. Driver outfits and Helmets i think was cool but not enough.

I put the game down after a year, picked it back up and started over then burned out again november last year. Broke down got a 360 and FM4 this last January just for the sake of seeing if i was done with console gaming and they had the deal with the ALMS. It was exactly what i was looking for, Le Mans Muli-Class online hopper is about all i did. Wish i would have made the jump sooner but didn't because how many people said it sucked.

Had GT6 added Multi-Class racing, Improved the sounds to at least resemble and added current GT2 cars I'd be in. They didn't and I'm now in FM5. Sad that GT got to this point with me because it was the game I measured the others against, not any more.
 
Very good reply , and I find myself agreeing with you.
Im a very keen BTCC follower Brandshatch is my local track its just a few miles from my house but from the old days of codemasters nothing really incorporates this anymore , it was from TOCA I moved to GT up to 4 but was introduced to forza 3 and loved it so went out a brought a 360 and forza 2/3 and enjoyed both after FM3G GT5 was a bit of a let down but then forza 4 come alone and blow my socks I loved the game and got my expectations up FM5 but I sort of feel the same way as I did regarding GT5 ( deflated ) my fault I just expected too much.

GT6 I think is ok a part from the very very poor AI again only my opinion.

Im holding out hopes that my investment in forza pays off what with the xbox one in all bearing in mind I only brought that simply so I could continue with FM I guess £50 for GT is easier to swallow than £500 plus for FM5 solely for Forza.
 
most of that is people crying about it not being on 360 or not having the equivalent of standard cars. There are idiots every where.
the equivalent of standards? The cars in FM4 looked very good and they had interior views as well. They gutted the car list, they gutted the track list and they do not support the wheels they pushed for FM3 and FM4 plus it requires a new $500 console to play and does not have Nurburgring nor Maple Valley.

I have not been to the forums to see what people are saying but I can imagine there are many that are quite unhappy about it. So far only 2 of the people I raced with on FM4 have actually got FM5 3 [that I know of] have GT6 and the others are either still playing FM4 or FM2 or something completely different.

There is one place where Forza excels and that is online racing. Also got to love the leaderboard system and the ability to pause on the test drive mode and make tuning changes to your car. Assuming they have not dropped any of these feature in the latest release. I still think FM2 was the best of the FM releases to date.

GT6 on the other hand is actually fun to play in offline mode which is something I never thought about Forza even FM2 which I thought had the best career it still wasn't that much fun. The online made up for it though and I do enjoy hot lapping on the various tracks.

I really hope they give us a full range of leaderboards in an update for GT6 soon
 
Last edited:
Very good reply , and I find myself agreeing with you.
Im a very keen BTCC follower Brandshatch is my local track its just a few miles from my house but from the old days of codemasters nothing really incorporates this anymore , it was from TOCA I moved to GT up to 4 but was introduced to forza 3 and loved it so went out a brought a 360 and forza 2/3 and enjoyed both after FM3G GT5 was a bit of a let down but then forza 4 come alone and blow my socks I loved the game and got my expectations up FM5 but I sort of feel the same way as I did regarding GT5 ( deflated ) my fault I just expected too much.

GT6 I think is ok a part from the very very poor AI again only my opinion.

Im holding out hopes that my investment in forza pays off what with the xbox one in all bearing in mind I only brought that simply so I could continue with FM I guess £50 for GT is easier to swallow than £500 plus for FM5 solely for Forza.

Loved racing Brands Hatch in TOCA, I'd trade the Yas Marina Circuit in FM5 for Brands Hatch. I live a couple hours away from The Circuit of The Americas, been to every race there but Moto GP and couldn't make the V8 Super Cars. I'd love for that track to show up in a GT/FM game. My first taste of FM5 was there during the ALMS/WEC weekend, needed to get out of the sun for awhile so i did some laps at there booth.

I've been doing PC gaming for about 10 years so the price of admission for FM5 wasn't as bad as the complete new computer i bought 3 years ago that needs to be upgraded lol. Eventually your going to buy the Xbox one or PS4 for your fix, one's now the other is later but there is no getting past it. I'm amazed the old systems lasted as long as they did.
 
Yes your right I'll no doult buy the ps4 later on down the line , its cool having your local track in a a game im lucky with GT6 ive now got Brandshatch and I own a EVO 8 irl so I get to drive the track both in real and through game , only the driver's on track irl aren't so easy to pass as they are in game ;-)
 
Back