The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Not sure if both my DS3 are borked, but I've found that going off track makes my controller go haywire.

I've mapped the digital pad (i.e. nonanalog sticks) to be the wipers, horn, ghost view, and horn. L1 is look back. Triggers as accel/brakes, and buttons as gear buttons.

When I go off track, it seems like all buttons are being pressed randomly. Been doing the S-5 license test and find that funnily (at least for the 1st or 2nd times) that the Veyron would shoot off in reverse, or change to random gears when driving while flipping the wipers and mashing on the horn.

Replicated on both DS3 since 1.01 and on 1.02

Last edited:
Use your shift paddles to simulate the 'L1/R1' menu navigation, when your wheel is connected. Works for me.. And no, I have my paddles mapped to L2/R2... This still works though. (G27 and CSR)

Alright, I don't know if Sony and Polyphony Digital are tracking what's being written in this thread but I have a fairly serious issue to report.

I race in the SNAIL league and we do 6 races every Sunday night. At present, of 6 replays saved, I have 3 working. The other 3 lock my PS3 up to the point that no input from any controller is accepted. A hard boot of the system is required. On reboot, the system reports it wasn't shut down properly and would I like to send a report of this to Sony. I have done so each time. After that clears, the system file check is initiated and after that, the system works normally, as far as I can tell.

The SNAIL league relies heavily on these replays to help our steward corp enforce our OLR and penalty system. At present, even when a replay works, it's been reported that it doesn't show the same things that were witnessed during live racing. Without accurate replay data, our efforts to maintain our reputation as a clean racing league are in serious jeopardy.

If the folks at PD are indeed tracking this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could look into this problem. I will be happy to provide any further information required to assist in troubleshooting and resolving it.

Thank you.

The progress of the track getting wet seems strange in S-class races. When rain starts, the track humidity stays at 0% for several minutes. Then it starts to climb very slowly. After the rain stops, the humidity decreases super fast.
It should be the other way around. From what I see when watching Formula 1 races on TV, it usually goes like this: When rain starts the track gets wet very fast and everyone is changing tyres almost immediately. After the rain stops, it takes around 10 minutes for the track to become dry enough for slicks again. In GT6 it's exactly the opposite.

so this just happened while doing the first race in the GT300 Champtionship series (according to the game this is a BRZ GT300 car,(and one of 7 Scoobys in this race. (3 BRZs,3 GT300 Imprezas and my Gt300 Base model Impreza.)
QqQXRrY.jpg

will post a better picture later
as promised a better picture.
1Ew6lbc.jpg

Had the bug where the exhaust note can't be heard multiple times in 500pp Cup in National A category.

Also can not enter the Open Lobby as every time I do nothing happens and when the song currently playing finishes, another does not start. Then when I try to quit the game the PS3 re-boots itself and has to do the check for corrupted data. Really frustrating me now. :irked:

EDIT: Fiddled around a bit and it now works. Strange. :odd:

Last edited:
In one of my races. I think the GT Championship in IA. Was racing on Laguna Seca, 6 laps, with my R18, and lapped two of the NASCAR cars, on the last lap, and won the race. Didn't get the trailblazer trophy for it, unless there is something that I'm missing. I didn't wait for the AI cars to cross the finish line, to show the gaps that I had on them, but just went to the replay, and skip past that too. Not sure if that caused it or not.

Didn't receive that trophy either after lapping the NASCAR car. However, I waited for the full results to be listed, and the last car is not even listed when it crosses the finish line. But at least I can assure you that not waiting for the results to be listed is not the problem.

Also, the 111 metres per second or whatever it's called trophy I didn't get. Though I managed to reach like 460 km/h during the Like the Wind race at Special Stage Route X. So, should have gotten it already I think.

Another glitch happened during the Nürburgring 24 minute race, when the track is wet there is no spray or whatsoever behind cars.

I recently bought the SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition, it only comes in Viper GTS blue pearl, and it brings up memories of GT1.

But there is something I've noticed about this car, The Stryker on the tach doesn't light up at all, the touchscreen in the dash is blank as well, the headlights and tail lights don't light up as much as the other one.

Last edited:
as promised a better picture.
1Ew6lbc.jpg

I had this in the first nascar race. First time I managed to finish after about 20 restarts I won and thought that would make a good replay, and got the driver with four wheels as well lol.

I had this in the first nascar race. First time I managed to finish after about 20 restarts I won and thought that would make a good replay, and got the driver with four wheels as well lol.

I reckon it would make for an awesome reply, especially on a car with multiple camera angles, it'd look like he's... well pretty obvious what it'd look like, but it'd be hilarious overtaking cars, and blocking cars too.

Last time i looked the ferrari daytona had the speedo as the tacho and vice versa, also bought the base car of the supra gt500 painted the wheels a dark blue colour but in the replays it shows a nasty white disc type thing which what looks like to be behind the wheels

Log-in bonus is broken. I had a 150 percent bonus and it went back to 130 percent. I log in everyday. It went from 130 to 110 percent just now.

The Lotus Elise 111r race car has paintable wheels...that don't change color when you paint them.

993828_10202130138007653_1291435499_n.jpg

Brilliant. :lol:

This happened lots of times in GT5 online mode, and was never fixed because nothing can be done when there's some delay between connections... However to see it happening in offline mode is LOL and makes no sense watsoever (no network data lag or delay)

I am not sure if this has been pointed out, not going to read 30 pages to find out lol, the Dodge Charger SRT8 2011 is automatic, but the driver animation is shifting like its a manual, if you look at the gauges, you will see P R N D

-------Click here to subscribe: http://goo.gl/X123Ta -------

Hey guys,

I found this little glitch when I was racing the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution on one of the S mission races, it basically shows that the car has two steering wheels. Weird.

If you liked the video please leave a thumbs up, if you want to see more please subscribe. I'm open for crticism so if you think I should have done something different or want to see something in a different way just let me know in the comments.

-JCB

Correlation=/=causation.
Same thing happened to me at the start of a test drive at the 'ring.
I didn't quite the game during a race before it happened. It just happened.
I continued on and it fixed itself.

i tried test drive on nurburgring and got similar, loaded to a screen with the POV just below the terrain, everything above the terrain was clipped-out/not loaded. tried another test drive and it failed to load properly too, so i figure its broken...

ps: since 1.02 ive been getting numerous engine sound changes each race with a couple of my cars, only seems to change when i hit something (Not get hit tho) or randonmly when i cross the s/f line.

Last edited:
well, i had the first three days of the logon bonus - sweet!

then on sunday i logon to recieve ... 110% for my frist bonus day logon. HUH!? tried 3 times to logon again and the same message so i figured it wernt even realising id logged on the first two times...?

monday the same. day1-110%

today, logon, day3-150% bouns ... so ive skipped a day this time

ah well :)

EDIT> well im back to 110% on wednesday.

Last edited:
Had HUD changed to show car names instead of drivers. Driver comes out in SRT Viper, goes back in garage, comes out with Lancia Stratos. HUD still says SRT Viper.

After beginning a race, cockpit view, if you look back the image will flicker quickly until it shows the proper rear seats and window on premiums. On standard it will flicker to show the proper shadow design.

If for some reason PSN logs out while you're playing, you loose log in bonus gains and you must quit the game, log in to PSN and reload the game. If you sign to PSN while in the game, you will not get log in bonus.

scaglietti sorry if already posted

Attachments

• tmp_DSC_0094-586784818.jpg
    tmp_DSC_0094-586784818.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 15
This ain't exactly a glitch or an error, it's more of a design problem. As most of you know, in the International B championship (I'm not completely sure if it IA or IB), most part of the AI is using LeMans cars but it makes no sense to put GT3 and NASCAR cars there too if they have no chance of catching up.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before or answered somewhere else...

Is anyone having their system freeze when attempting to play a replay?

I hit play, it says it's loading - the title screen comes up & everything. Then it's black screen, and the entire ps3 freezes up, so I have to do a hard boot from the button. (ie: the ps3 button doesn't even work).

Ferrari 430 (not Scuderia) , you cant customise the car. Put a carbon hood (not colored) will not show it.
Go to buy aftermarket aeros ,and nothing shows. There is even a wing removal (?? what?? ) that you can buy .
Whatever you do nothing changed to the car

Ferrari 430 (not Scuderia) , you cant customise the car. Put a carbon hood (not colored) will not show it.
Go to buy aftermarket aeros ,and nothing shows. There is even a wing removal (?? what?? ) that you can buy .
Whatever you do nothing changed to the car
No matter what exhaust you put on it, the exhaust on the car does not change. Racing brakes also don't visually change on the car.

No matter what exhaust you put on it, the exhaust on the car does not change. Racing brakes also don't visually change on the car.

The funny thing is that you have no wing and some customed wings as an option.Aero kit too,you can buy it but nothing is visible :P :P

Back