GT6 guy trying to learn PCars

• Thread starter Kjeld Lund
  • 19 comments
Denmark
Gilleleje
GTP_Big-Dane
hi guys.

I'm new at Pcars and know i have a lot to learn. I have driven GT5-6 for quite at while now and want to try this out.

So i'm seeking guys who have time and want to help out with setups of different cars. I'm using ps4 as platform.

Thanks.

Hi Kjeld. The way to setup a car in pcars is not that far from gt6. Except, camber works. The easiest way to help you is, just to think of the car as having two pivot points. The setup just changes how those two points ackt upon eachother.
PM me for more. There are some guides out there that will justifie it more.

Hi Kjeld. The way to setup a car in pcars is not that far from gt6. Except, camber works. The easiest way to help you is, just to think of the car as having two pivot points. The setup just changes how those two points ackt upon eachother.
PM me for more. There are some guides out there that will justifie it more.
Thanks. I'll PM you. :cheers:

The way I've been tuning on the game is just changing the air pressure in the tires and then the toe-in, if it needs it.

I started driving the Ford Focus RS to see if I can handle the way I have it set. Once I was able to drive that fairly good, I moved up to the BAC Mono. I'm running that around Nürburgring fairly easy now.

I've had the game since release and I'm just now figuring this stuff out.

Well you will soon realize that tuning on PCar is a lot more involved that GT6. Also much more satisfying driving. I suggest you start here with some videos which will give you the basics. This guy does a great job.

Screen by screen setup guide ...

Also you can try others who have already tuned some cars. When you are at this site click, "toggle calculator" and you will be given a wonderful tool which aids you in tuning a car. Will take some reading to figure out what the numbers mean, but
after you have educated yourself, you will be turning out tunes to fit your own driving style.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Good luck.

hi guys.

I'm new at Pcars and know i have a lot to learn. I have driven GT5-6 for quite at while now and want to try this out.

So i'm seeking guys who have time and want to help out with setups of different cars. I'm using ps4 as platform.

Thanks.

You know I'm a huge GT fan. I've owned every single game, and loved them all. Both have good and bad things about them. As far as realistic, PCars all the way. For being able to customize cars and hop them up, then GT6 is great.
I am loving Pcars. I love that you have a career and you have to work to get sponsors and have race teams offer contracts. Its fun, great game.

hi guys.

Thanks.

Hi Kjeld,
I changed GT6 to PCars just some weeks ago, so here are my experiences:

The setups in PCars are much less important than in GT6. The best advice I've got was to tune my driving, not the car. And there are some diffferences to GT6 what helps to know:

* In PCars all car classes have different kind of tires and you have to stick on them.
* Old cars do need more time to warm up the tires than new cars, some of them are nearly undriveable until tires are cold.
* Only GT3 Cars do always have pre heated tires, other cars only for the race. (as far I know)
* All cars are tuned quite well by default.
* Most cars are not getting much faster by changing the setup.

So mostly it's enough to adjust the car height, main damper stiffness and gearing just a little to fit the current track and off you go :)

CU on track,
Bongo

Hi Kjeld,

The setups in PCars are much less important than in GT6. The best advice I've got was to tune my driving, not the car. And there are some diffferences to GT6 what helps to know:

* In PCars all car classes have different kind of tires and you have to stick on them.
* Old cars do need more time to warm up the tires than new cars, some of them are nearly undriveable until tires are cold.
* Only GT3 Cars do always have pre heated tires, other cars only for the race. (as far I know)

So mostly it's enough to adjust the car height, main damper stiffness and gearing just a little to fit the current track and off you go :)

CU on track,
Bongo
Hey Bongo. :cheers: And happy new year.

Ive learnd that much for now. It took me a few month to get the idea on how to set up my wheel to work as i wantet it to do. Now i think i Got most of that in place. Ive worked some with setups over time, and some things you'r right about. Gtplanet has a large setupdatabase that i used, and they realy work great. But try more then one setup, course it Can change quite alot on the handling of the car.

I did loads of work setting the caddy ATS V gt3 car up, and its getting faster and faster for me. But i have looooong to go before i feel safe driving on the edge in some of the cars.

Hi Kjeld,

CU on track,
Bongo

I'm also new to Project cars after a long time with GT5 and GT6. On GT6 I recently became most interested in racing the cars in stock trim. I decided with Project Cars that I wanted to find car and track combinations that worked well on stock settings. I am most interested in the classic / historic cars and so far have found a few that feel really good completely stock and with all aids off.

I was very interested to read your post because it matches my own impressions so far and also adds a lot of information that I didn't know - thanks very much for posting - very informative.

It took me a few month to get the idea on how to set up my wheel to work as i wantet it to do.

Hi Kjeld Lund - I also have a T500RS, but at the moment have been driving with the default wheel setup. I would be very grateful if you could share your wheel setup as it is more complicated on Project Cars and I don't know how to find a good setup.

I'm also new to Project cars after a long time with GT5 and GT6. On GT6 I recently became most interested in racing the cars in stock trim. I decided with Project Cars that I wanted to find car and track combinations that worked well on stock settings. I am most interested in the classic / historic cars and so far have found a few that feel really good completely stock and with all aids off.

I was very interested to read your post because it matches my own impressions so far and also adds a lot of information that I didn't know - thanks very much for posting - very informative.

Hi Kjeld Lund - I also have a T500RS, but at the moment have been driving with the default wheel setup. I would be very grateful if you could share your wheel setup as it is more complicated on Project Cars and I don't know how to find a good setup.
Hi.

I'll do that very soon. Its still at work i progress, so there is different setting for the wheel if you drive formula A. But i Can tell you, that there is a big different between default settings ind custom settings. If you get it right, you get much more feel with the car. I'll post my settings soon.

Hey all,

happy new year 2017 and have fun.

I want to share my litte expertise in pcars driving since november 2016.

Granturismo is a game that need a little bit more skills like a game : for example. need for speed

Project cars need skill in racing, setup, prepering your self, here is an example :

The gloves, my wife say stupid , oh no, it is SIMRACING. The shoes, no stupid. The wheel an T300 , Digipost has more than this.
I own an Fanatec Porsche GT3, and the setup is nightmare, setup this wheel not the cars . This is the second place to learn.

Using google and you find two official forums for pCars:
an german https://www.pcars-forum.de/
and english forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Digipost driving on a playseat from a Spanish manufacturer Zalem, and uses in most cases Thrustmaster wheels.
But it seams he has an Fanatec Clubsport wheel.
The Prozessorbase is Intel in an PC. The dashboard you can see at righthand is wireless connected to the game,
an bring realtime data into the cockpit, like temperature from brakes, engine, tires, and if you want the force feedback data for the wheel.

So guys these are the basics, and now the data to setup your wheel, Jack Spade release FFB Tweaker files, for PC.
A translation to the PS4 platform comes from Jack self :http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files
To download the zip and the pdf you need to create a membership, no financial costs :-)
Your credit card will be masacrate by the game self, a word at all the PS4 Controller users >>> forget it.
In next days i will bye a thrustmaster 500, club sport pedals from fanatec , yes it is compatible, and a playseat from speedmaster.
Why the new wheel, the fanatec wheels have no license from Sony, the fact that the GT3 works is a agreement with the developers from WMD.

If playing more than 4 weeks, you realize the a comfortable position in the seat, a wheel setup that brings a smooth feeling, is essential for
longtime racing ( 1-4 hours) whit LMP1/2 car.
Today im driving the 1 hours RUF CRT3 SMS, after 3 days setup this car, a database with cars setup data exists. But it is not useful in some cases.

projectcarssetups
.eu/ is the link.

Have fun

Is there a place in geplante to share setups, the European database consist really stupid setups. You need a lot of time to pickup useful setup, and the presentation in the website is confusing.
Yes gtplanet has a setup database for all game they support. I found most of mine in there. But i alllways try more then one setup.

Virgin here now coming into Project Cars, having just bought the game today, with only prior racing/sim experience and familiarity being GT6. I use the Logitech G29 wheel.
Haven't tried the game yet (still in plastic wrap). From reading some topics it seems like PCars is much more complicated than GT6 with all sorts of settings for the wheel, car tuning settings etc. So trying to catch up on some reading first before diving in blind. Glad I spotted this thread. Have to come back to it and especially watch through this Screen by screen setup guide linked on post #6. I'm sure it will be useful.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/screen-by-screen-setup-guide.334565/

Virgin here now coming into Project Cars, having just bought the game today, with only prior racing/sim experience and familiarity being GT6. I use the Logitech G29 wheel.
Haven't tried the game yet (still in plastic wrap). From reading some topics it seems like PCars is much more complicated than GT6 with all sorts of settings for the wheel, car tuning settings etc. So trying to catch up on some reading first before diving in blind. Glad I spotted this thread. Have to come back to it and especially watch through this Screen by screen setup guide linked on post #6. I'm sure it will be useful.
Welcome David.

You'r right, that there are so much more to ajust going in to Pcars. I have learnd quite alot now, and be sure to ask anyone if you have qustions.

Welcome across David - there is much more that can be adjusted on Project Cars than Gt6, but you don't necessarily need to adjust much in order to enjoy racing the cars. In fact I suggest that you leave the cars on their default settings until you have got comfortable with them. It took me a while to get a feel for Project Cars, but I am absolutely loving driving the cars now. I have the cars all stock and my wheel on standard settings (T500RS). My work colleague who got the game at the same time is also following the same approach. So far I'm about 18 hours in and have tested and got comfortable with about half the cars, but I haven't started the career yet - I think I will try that once I have built up my speed and familiarity with the tracks.

The adjustments which I am loving about this game are: weather - try thunderstorm at Watkins Glen and set it to 42 opponents, same class and start mid pack - brilliant in many of the cars. It is also great that the difficulty level can be adjusted across such a wide range.

Welcome across David - there is much more that can be adjusted on Project Cars than Gt6, but you don't necessarily need to adjust much in order to enjoy racing the cars. In fact I suggest that you leave the cars on their default settings until you have got comfortable with them. It took me a while to get a feel for Project Cars, but I am absolutely loving driving the cars now. I have the cars all stock and my wheel on standard settings (T500RS). My work colleague who got the game at the same time is also following the same approach. So far I'm about 18 hours in and have tested and got comfortable with about half the cars, but I haven't started the career yet - I think I will try that once I have built up my speed and familiarity with the tracks.

The adjustments which I am loving about this game are: weather - try thunderstorm at Watkins Glen and set it to 42 opponents, same class and start mid pack - brilliant in many of the cars. It is also great that the difficulty level can be adjusted across such a wide range.

Think I'm going to take your advice as the reading up is being a bit overwhelming. After just a little bit of practice I'm going to start going through the career races learning more along the way. Cheers.

Back