Screen by screen setup guide

• Thread starter dyr_gl
  • 69 comments
Spain
Spain
dyr_gl
Racing games often fail big time explaining how to setup your car. The descriptions of the items are usually vague, useless, and sometimes even full of mistakes.

I created this series to help people creating their own setups instead of copying random stuff found around the internet and trust they´re good.

Not only I explain what an item does, but also give advice on good starting points, tips on how to recognize yourself when something needs being changed, quick comparison methods to arrive to the ideal values soon, and plenty of information the games fail to give you.

I´ll leave here the completed chapters, and I´ll keep updating when new ones are ready. Some of these videos rely on annotations to guide you, so leave them on. Hope it helps you!

Screen 1 (tyre pressures, brakes, TC slip angle):

Screen 2 (aerodynamics and weight distribution):

Screen 3 (steering ratio and alignment: caster, camber and toe):

Screen 7 (gearing: final drive and individual gear ratios):

Racing games often fail big time explaining how to setup your car. The descriptions of the items are usually vague, useless, and sometimes even full of mistakes.

I created this series to help people creating their own setups instead of copying random stuff found around the internet and trust they´re good.

Not only I explain what an item does, but also give advice on good starting points, tips on how to recognize yourself when something needs being changed, quick comparison methods to arrive to the ideal values soon, and plenty of information the games fail to give you.

I´ll leave here the completed chapters, and I´ll keep updating when new ones are ready. Some of these videos rely on annotations to guide you, so leave them on. Hope it helps you!

Screen 1 (tyre pressures, brakes, TC slip angle):

Screen 2 (aerodynamics and weight distribution):

Screen 3 (steering ratio and alignment: caster, camber and toe):

Screen 7 (gearing: final drive and individual gear ratios):

Thank you this helps me tremendously.Just the first video is awesome ,cant wait for the others thanks again

Enjoyed these videos, good mix of visual and written explanation. Look forward to more. Thanks again for all your hard work in sharing this information. Should be pinned.

Than you for the kind words mate, always nice to hear these videos are helping.

I just saw this thread for the first time. Great work and I'm looking forward to checking your videos out this evening. The Dampers set-up can be difficult so it's top of my list.

👍

When I get time, i'm going to try your setup, thanks. I've only used the car a few times, but I did think it drove pretty god in default. Keep sharing, I'm not so good at setups, when I do get a good base, I always make it slower, lol

Hi thanks for the opportunity to learn from this thread 👍
I have a question please, I simply cannot figure out how to enable captions or annotations :dunce:....either here or you tube (although in you tube settings my captions seem to be on as default).

Any advice would be great

Edit....got it figured. Not working on mobile but full browsers fine. Looking forward to learning from your tips 👍
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the opportunity to learn from this thread 👍
I have a question please, I simply cannot figure out how to enable captions or annotations :dunce:....either here or you tube (although in you tube settings my captions seem to be on as default).

Any advice would be great

Edit....got it figured. Not working on mobile but full browsers fine. Looking forward to learning from your tips 👍
:gtpflag:

Yeah, I used to make videos like that, it was faster and more comfortable, but lately I´ve started inserting text on the video itself so you can watch from any dispositive.

A fantastic thread here. A lot of help to those new at PCars and simms in general. I am having problems with handling at Oulton Park International. Especially on the back side. This will hopefully give me an idea of what to do.
Thank you very much.:cheers:

Thank you, I always like to hear I´m helping people out there.

I´ll keep expanding the baseline setups library now, here´s a great one for the Pagani Zonda R, with some driving tips too:

Time for the dampers screen, the most misunderstood and confusing. Hope this one helps!

Where do I find the description of problems and fixes you refer to at the end of the dampers section?
I don't see anything.....................................................:confused:

Where do I find the description of problems and fixes you refer to at the end of the dampers section?
I don't see anything.....................................................:confused:

That´s weird. You have to expand the description of the video, it should be a rather long piece of text. I am seeing it right now!

You´re probably looking for the parts titled "response VS compliance" and "balance".

If it doesn´t work for you for some reason, tell me, and I´ll do a copy paste and post it here or something.

That´s weird. You have to expand the description of the video, it should be a rather long piece of text. I am seeing it right now!

You´re probably looking for the parts titled "response VS compliance" and "balance".

If it doesn´t work for you for some reason, tell me, and I´ll do a copy paste and post it here or something.

Thank you. I'll check again.

No worries man. If for some reason it doesn´t show up make a comment in the video or a post here and I´ll send you the text 👍

dyr_gl I need the text. Whenever you have the time it would be very helpful. I need to understand better the dampers.
Thank you again.

I´ll send you a PM with it here. I´m worried it doesn´t show up for you when you expand the video description, maybe no one can see it? I sure can! :odd:

I´ll send you a PM with it here. I´m worried it doesn´t show up for you when you expand the video description, maybe no one can see it? I sure can! :odd:

Thank you I have your PM. It could be I am doing something wrong to see expanded video description.
If others are not having problems then it is my fault. I have not seen anyone else having problems post here.

Back