GT6 is a half sim!

  • Thread starter Thread starter coldlm
  • 24 comments
  • 1,989 views
Messages
14
Canada
Canada
GT6 is a great sim but there is no one talking to you on the radio giving you infos about the race, fuel, race strategy and go on......

what you think is it a good idea?!!
 
I've played other games with a crew chief/co-driver and it gets extremely annoying. Especially when they say the same thing over and over again.

They should at least add a qualifying session before a race.


@CTznOfTime I didn't understand that second video.
 
But it will add something to the game,
i dont know i think its kind dry......! at least in GT5 there was extra stuff like leob talking about rally driving and then driving a lap..... etc

the second vid showing you that he doest know what he is doing :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
b
Oh I see. Do you know what the commentators were saying?

not really but i can understand that posting a vid about him saying that he knows what he is doing and then following it up with another vid showing him not knowing what he is doing kind means that he doesnt know what he is doing :)
 
GT6 is a great sim but there is no one talking to you on the radio giving you infos about the race, fuel, race strategy and go on......

what you think is it a good idea?!!

Please no , It would end up with some womans voice (yes I know,but devs ussualy got idea that womans voice will bring more sales) talking to me all the time , so , I don't miss a voice talking to me during races . There is a thing called HUD which is not present in reality. That is substitute for not having a crew chief.

Also , calling a GT half a sim because there is no voice is maybe a little bit exaggerating, dont you think? :D
 
In the games I can remember playing that had commentary/crew chiefs, I tend to find them boring and repetative, I don't think anyone (that I've come across) has implemented it well, it's usually the same few phrases over and over delivered in a totally soulless, emotionless manner.

On the other hand, I actually wouldn't mind a game that had a crew chief screaming "You ******* moron, that's coming out of your wages" everytime you crash or incur a penalty.
 
Please no , It would end up with some womans voice (yes I know,but devs ussualy got idea that womans voice will bring more sales) talking to me all the time , so , I don't miss a voice talking to me during races . There is a thing called HUD which is not present in reality. That is substitute for not having a crew chief.

Also , calling a GT half a sim because there is no voice is maybe a little bit exaggerating, dont you think? :D

No actually the game is pretty good, but i was expecting it be just something else, you know sharks racing and cats killing each other or something :p

but a crew chief is not a bad idea!
 



this thread is about to go against kimi pretty soon, hold on yep its already there :)

In the games I can remember playing that had commentary/crew chiefs, I tend to find them boring and repetative, I don't think anyone (that I've come across) has implemented it well, it's usually the same few phrases over and over delivered in a totally soulless, emotionless manner.

On the other hand, I actually wouldn't mind a game that had a crew chief screaming "You ******* moron, that's coming out of your wages" everytime you crash or incur a penalty.


I dont mind that eather, if i loose a race or i get overtaken by someone else, he can tell me that im an idiot ill be happy with that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo. Because nobody is talking to you, GT6 is a half sim..... Well, I don't want anyone talking to me ingame, especially having to mute that punk from Shift 2 saying "PUSH PUSH PUSH" everytime I start a race. Dude, I'm not pregnant...
 
Soooo. Because nobody is talking to you, GT6 is a half sim..... Well, I don't want anyone talking to me ingame, especially having to mute that punk from Shift 2 saying "PUSH PUSH PUSH" everytime I start a race. Dude, I'm not pregnant...


GT6 and everyother GT is not a full sim,
to call a it racing sim it should at least look like real life,,,, but there way too many things dont line up with real life so yeah in my book GT6 is a half a sim... and dont get me wrong im one the biggest fans of the game.

No qualies
Noo pits controls
No Grid starts
No Real championships instead just random events,,, even though they have the licence to do so
No real penalties like Stop/Go Penalty
No safety cars
No warm-up laps
No Accurate mechanical damage
No real AI they always seem a bit off, even though they are way better then before but still i lost a 24 mins race yesterday because one of them just decided to crach on my car!
No and No and NO I CAN GO ON FOR HOURSE/DAYS EVEN LIKE THIS!

So yeah sorry man GT6 is just a half a sim not a full sim like Game stock car or RBR .....
 
GT6 and everyother GT is not a full sim,
to call a it racing sim it should at least look like real life,,,, but there way too many things dont line up with real life so yeah in my book GT6 is a half a sim... and dont get me wrong im one the biggest fans of the game.

No qualies
Noo pits controls
No Grid starts
No Real championships instead just random events,,, even though they have the licence to do so
No real penalties like Stop/Go Penalty
No safety cars
No warm-up laps
No Accurate mechanical damage
No real AI they always seem a bit off, even though they are way better then before but still i lost a 24 mins race yesterday because one of them just decided to crach on my car!
No and No and NO I CAN GO ON FOR HOURSE/DAYS EVEN LIKE THIS!

So yeah sorry man GT6 is just a half a sim not a full sim like Game stock car or RBR .....


You just described GT online.. only there everything you just said is YES, YES and YES... :)

while I agree on the part that all those things are missing in Single player.....
 
GT6 and everyother GT is not a full sim,
to call a it racing sim it should at least look like real life,,,, but there way too many things dont line up with real life so yeah in my book GT6 is a half a sim... and dont get me wrong im one the biggest fans of the game.

No qualies
Noo pits controls
No Grid starts
No Real championships instead just random events,,, even though they have the licence to do so
No real penalties like Stop/Go Penalty
No safety cars
No warm-up laps
No Accurate mechanical damage
No real AI they always seem a bit off, even though they are way better then before but still i lost a 24 mins race yesterday because one of them just decided to crach on my car!
No and No and NO I CAN GO ON FOR HOURSE/DAYS EVEN LIKE THIS!

So yeah sorry man GT6 is just a half a sim not a full sim like Game stock car or RBR .....

Going by every single one of those, a lot of racing sims aren't sims, even on PC.

To me, a racing sim means it gets driving dynamics right. GT6 is great and yes I agree it could use a lot work, but look at the hardware. It's super old. How can you buy a game that gets so much of the actual sim part right on such old hardware and then say it is "half sim?" The computer I had eight years ago definitely couldn't run something like GT6.
 
GT6 is a great sim but there is no one talking to you on the radio giving you infos about the race, fuel, race strategy and go on......

I would mute him if possible. The thing I hate the most. I just want to drive and listen to the music, not to someone telling me obvious things. I have played Grid 2 and most of the time I would like the commentator just to shut up. Good game, but not a sim (Grid 2).

Gran Turismo is a driving simulator. Not a racing simulator so all those qualifiers etc aren't even required (not saying GT6 should not have them, would be nice if had). It even says it on the title.
 
Going by every single one of those, a lot of racing sims aren't sims, even on PC.

To me, a racing sim means it gets driving dynamics right. GT6 is great and yes I agree it could use a lot work, but look at the hardware. It's super old. How can you buy a game that gets so much of the actual sim part right on such old hardware and then say it is "half sim?" The computer I had eight years ago definitely couldn't run something like GT6.


Yes i agree alot of games even on PC are not sims, but GT games had and have a lot of money and devs to get it right but still really not because they have the sixth game and none of the stuff we really want are there!

PS, i have a super old PC that can run LFS and the game is actually very good and fun in the same time where GT6 for example is just boring for someone who isnt in racing or a racer him self,

but with that have been said im not arguing with anyone that GT6 or GT games are bad, im saying its missing some stuff.
 
GT6 might be a half sim, but i would rather have no-one giving me tips every 10 seconds. Even worse if it's pausing the game like in the tutorial at the beggining
 
Ok just started with GT6 HAHA!!!! Same old CRAP again..... (1) STANDARD CARS! (2) Sound eq again give me a break (3) The rigged AI that OMFG slows down at the end of final lap before end of a race I was rolling onfloor laughing at the game when racing in Red Bull Challenge I started at back got in middle of field 1st lap the whole grad was using same car as me restricted but yet on the straights the whole grid out ran me by 12 mph until the final lap almost then magically my car became faster than the grid and I purposely had noticed last few races what the AI was doing so I ran off track 3 times on purpose and yet still I win the race its so fake its not even funny sometimes it just makes e turn the game off...
 
They have a guy with chequered flag in the end. I really look for him sometimes when I cross the finish line :lol:

I think for GT7 on PS4 they should definitely had more severe damage model like shift 2. Grid start and qualifying option as well, definitely flags, rules as options. Someone talking like grid2 or shift2 is not too important I think. Unless he is funny not annoying :odd:
 
Ok just started with GT6 HAHA!!!! Same old CRAP again..... (1) STANDARD CARS! (2) Sound eq again give me a break (3) The rigged AI that OMFG slows down at the end of final lap before end of a race I was rolling onfloor laughing at the game when racing in Red Bull Challenge I started at back got in middle of field 1st lap the whole grad was using same car as me restricted but yet on the straights the whole grid out ran me by 12 mph until the final lap almost then magically my car became faster than the grid and I purposely had noticed last few races what the AI was doing so I ran off track 3 times on purpose and yet still I win the race its so fake its not even funny sometimes it just makes e turn the game off...

Don't you think that AI should be "stupid/forgiving" at least first tier/s , so everyone (kids,noobies,grandfathers,mothers...) can enjoy game too ? Let me know how you've done with "history classics cup" in iA without 2C/2D. I'm positive you'll notice (AI) difference :D:D:D
 
Back