GT6: Is it still fun?

• Thread starter ITSHAM
  • 49 comments
My opinion is I got bored of gt6 quickly just got a wheel and can't drift for **** on it but gt5 is more friendly. Don't get mW wrong for grip racing I love it but drift I still prefer gt5

My opinion is I got bored of gt6 quickly just got a wheel and can't drift for **** on it but gt5 is more friendly. Don't get mW wrong for grip racing I love it but drift I still prefer gt5
So you must be an expert drifter in real life?

My opinion is I got bored of gt6 quickly just got a wheel and can't drift for **** on it but gt5 is more friendly. Don't get mW wrong for grip racing I love it but drift I still prefer gt

You just need a decent setup. With the right setup gt6 isn't much different to gt5.

So you must be an expert drifter in real life?
please don't bring the negativity over here. We have enough threads that end in arguments starting with comments like these.

It does amuse me.

People want realism, all of a sudden, GT6 feels much more realistic than GT5, then people are complaining that its too hard?

I enjoyed drifting on gt5, but after a while, it became easy, too easy.

Now in gt6, even after a few months now, I have the hang of it, but due to the increased realism, I find myself making silly mistakes, that cost me the drift. I would have got away with these mistakes in gt5, but not real life.

It simply takes practice and perseverance, you will soon be sliding around like you were in gt5.

The thread is called 'gt6 - is it still fun?'

Yes it is, why? Because it hasnt become easy yet.

It seems, whilst I enjoy a challenge, some people just want easy mode, and that is what they consider fun.

It took me half an hour (at least) to pull off that Eiger jump, but I had a great time, even failing, because everything that happened, I would expect to happen in real life.

At no point was I sat there shouting at the TV "I shouldn't have spun out there!" if I spin, it's because I have made a mistake or misjudgment, not because the game is broken.

Well, GT6 in terms of drifting is really fun, (I'm talking about wheel) since suspension is more realistic than it was in GT5, it does have a feeling of a car now and the difference it makes is huge.
It's quite challenging in my opinion, my only complain - to be able to separate servers between DS3 and wheel drifters.

Well, GT6 in terms of drifting is really fun, (I'm talking about wheel) since suspension is more realistic than it was in GT5, it does have a feeling of a car now and the difference it makes is huge.
It's quite challenging in my opinion, my only complain - to be able to separate servers between DS3 and wheel drifters.
you know I see a lot of complaints about ds3 drifters... I am a ds3 drifter I drift all day with wheel drifters.. they don't complain. we tandem for hours... then their wheel gets hot and they get out their ds3... :banghead:why hate ds3 drifters?

you know I see a lot of complaints about ds3 drifters... I am a ds3 drifter I drift all day with wheel drifters.. they don't complain. we tandem for hours... then their wheel gets hot and they get out their ds3... :banghead:why hate ds3 drifters?
Sorry, it wasn't meant for hate. :) Drifting with guys on DS3 doesn't help my skill in any way, it's different and with 900 wheel I can't copy their manner, which leads to frustration sometimes. (Sure G25 has it's built-in options to change from 900 to 450, 270 degrees, but that's not correct to use it)
If there would be a way to train with people like you, it would lead to a more pleasant experience that's all. :)

Sorry, it wasn't meant for hate. :) Drifting with guys on DS3 doesn't help my skill in any way, it's different and with 900 wheel I can't copy their manner, which leads to frustration sometimes. (Sure G25 has it's built-in options to change from 900 to 450, 270 degrees, but that's not correct to use it)
If there would be a way to train with people like you, it would lead to a more pleasant experience that's all. :)
I see if your struggling with following a twitchy ds3 user but those who can master their tuning don't tend to be so sloppy. I use a -2 on my steering settings and I tune to avoid any unwanted twitching. Maybe you can drift with me and I hope to change your opinions on atleast some ds3 users....

I see if your struggling with following a twitchy ds3 user but those who can master their tuning don't tend to be so sloppy. I use a -2 on my steering settings and I tune to avoid any unwanted twitching. Maybe you can drift with me and I hope to change your opinions on atleast some ds3 users....
I'm pretty sure there are smooth DS3 players, but usually you come across guys with over9000 HP cars and their front wheels are moving like crazy left-right all the time with the cars moving in some strange patterns. :)

I'm pretty sure there are smooth DS3 players, but usually you come across guys with over9000 HP cars and their front wheels are moving like crazy left-right all the time with the cars moving in some strange patterns. :)
I tune for balance. not power. none of my cars are over 2/3s of their potential power limit. ex; if my max is 550hp...im running 300-380hp. just cause I don't need all that hp, and to much hp makes your car act stupid at times. so I tune and tune and re tune till I find proper balance.

Back