GT6, my observations: am I crazy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter UltimateLurker
  • 37 comments
  • 4,738 views
Messages
1,261
Just some things I've noticed after playing for 1 day. Let me know if I'm confused about any of it.

The Negatives:

- No used car lot? Really?
- More craptastic cars and still no Lotus Exige or Mitsubish Starion ESiR? Wow.
- Tire squeal louder than the engine/exhaust? Terrible.
- Auto replay after the race? Who wants to watch that?
- Flashing accelerate and brake on the bottom left, why?
- Changing PP doesn't show real-time.
- Cheesy flags at the beginning of the race?
- Terrible jerky shadows.
- Can't scroll race info while the race is loading.
- Seems to be very hard to earn money, but maybe it's not.


The Positives:

- Holy fast menu's Batman!
- E-brake is vastly improved (no more 0 rpm's the moment you touch it).
- Steering is more realistic, especially when you over-correct ;).
- Some old tracks! (still want Red-Rocks).
- Bathursh!!



It says I've spent 4 hours racing the game, and I'm 23% finished? How small is this game??
 
only way your 25% done in 4 hours is playing the minimal amount to move on to next level.
 
''- Seems to be very hard to earn money, but maybe it's not.''

To all people struggling to get money, try to unlock International A. Claim your free Mercedes Vision GT, tune it to the maximum and put up the top-speed of the car to 460 km/h.

Then at International A scroll down to the race Like the wind: Race 3 (Special stage Route X) and redo mission 3. You get 44 000 each time and it's for the most straight. I complete it in 4 minutes, not difficult at all, just press X, never hit the break and let the car do the rest. You will have to turn a little bit two times, but nothing much.

A video of the Special Stage Route X.



If anyone have a better or easier way, let us know! :)
 
run the special event goodwood festival of speed. the first thee races are not alot of money then you get more races open up after you complete the the first level. and by level 4 of that special event you are making like 70 grand a race event.
 
Yes, you're crazy. There's a team underway to put you in a straightjacket and get you into an asylum. Say hi to Napoleon for me.
 
run the special event goodwood festival of speed. the first thee races are not alot of money then you get more races open up after you complete the the first level. and by level 4 of that special event you are making like 70 grand a race event.

Nice. The great thing about the one I showed you is that you don't have to do anything. Easy money while you read on the internet or do anything else, just remember to turn a little bit two times.
 
Boss: Yes, like a fox :)

Scott: That's just what the stats say. And yes, I'm just racing one race after another, haven't really found anything fun yet.

Nico: Thanks for that :).

Odmomre: Is that a knock at the door?

Scott: All the Goodwood's are done :).

On a side note, B5 Mission gave me hell! Love how the car I was supposed to pass got faster and faster. Win.
 
Oh, and I have found another negative, just this past hour. I own a Lotus Exige in real life, so the Elise has always been my favorite car to race in GT5, with just a base model I can wipe up on so many races. Not so with GT6, this car won't even stop from a high-speed in a straight line. Completely tail-happy, can't lift, hell, it's like the real thing :p. Makes me sad though.


Sidewinder.
by VisualEchos, on Flickr
 
Thanks for posting this thread.
Here are the negatives you stated that I agree with the most and are also HUGE OVERSIGHTS in my opinion (I added my comments in parenthesis):

- Tire squeal louder than the engine/exhaust
(I agree - this is SO TERRIBLE. the in car audio is SO BAD, it sounds great when i press the REARVIEW button. but that sound should be the default sound in the incar or low camera view when facing FORWARD - the audio of my car engine/exhaust is practically MUTED. MAKE the rear view mode sound the forward facing sound - PLEASE!!! This is most noticable when driving the Tesla, you can hear the electric whirrrr when looking backwards but hear NOTHING in the default forward facing view).
I tried to fine tune the Sound Effects volume to lower them because the tire noises were making me deaf and I can't hear any car engine noise, then turn my receiver volume WAY UP to barely hear the engine and not hear too much tire, and it still sucks)!!!!

- Changing PP doesn't show real-time.
(YES - what happened here?!?! So when I adjust the car's power to get it below 450 PP, it doesn't update PP until I choose the % power reduction, so I have to overshoot or undershoot multiple times - WTF!?!?!)

- Can't scroll race info while the race is loading.
(Yes! They need to give us something to look at while it loads - so they gave us onscreen text, which is great - but you can't scroll it - you are stuck looking at the unscrollable TOP part of the text box only - USABILITY FAIL!!!!)

- Seems to be very hard to earn money
(Yeah, because they want to sell us these $49.99 PSN packs for 7 mil credits. So to buy the 20 MM credit cars they cost $150 each. Thanks for going cheap @$$ mode on us, Sony! Any we get to pay for PSN soon, right? Great! Taking lessons from xbox, I see. :( :( :()
 
Doing these races, I honestly believe that the game would best be enjoyed if they gave us unlimited money at the beginning, therefore we could actually race the car we want to race in all of these events, instead of racing the car we know will win in order to get enough cash to buy what we really want. I'm doing this time and time again, racing cars I don't want to drive, just because I know they will win. Earning $3-10K after each race, one doesn't want to spend $50K on a car...ever. I mean, my game won't even start until I get to a million credits where I think I can buy whatever I want, mod it how I want, and then race the races.
 
For those complaining about the tire squeal, this is perfectly realistic for stock cars on low performance i.e. comfort tires that are pushed to the limit. It’s what you get when you combine a quiet intake/exhaust and crappy tires. I think anyone who has been to an autocross can attest. I’ll tell you the all season tire squeal would drown out the engine in my wrx (with cats removed) both from in the car and outside. Tire sounds in the game are less noticeable as tire and exhaust and upgraded (again it’s realistic)… So yeah, I was glad to hear the new tire sounds.


In all the game seems like a huge upgrade from GT5, some new but very minor annoyances (pp not updating real time), but nothing reinvented.


I also noticed % completion going up quickly but I’m sure there will be a constant addition of seasonals like we saw in GT5 that don’t factor into this.
 
Doing these races, I honestly believe that the game would best be enjoyed if they gave us unlimited money at the beginning, therefore we could actually race the car we want to race in all of these events, instead of racing the car we know will win in order to get enough cash to buy what we really want. I'm doing this time and time again, racing cars I don't want to drive, just because I know they will win. Earning $3-10K after each race, one doesn't want to spend $50K on a car...ever. I mean, my game won't even start until I get to a million credits where I think I can buy whatever I want, mod it how I want, and then race the races.

Come on you have to start somewhere, try to enjoy the nuances of the lower powered cars, there are still a ton to choose from.

It's better if you pick something low enough pp that it's a challenge to win, then force yourself to improve with that car at those courses. You'll continually get better and rack up plenty of cash in the process to start it again with a new car in the next series. I think this is really the intent.
 
For those complaining about the tire squeal, this is perfectly realistic for stock cars on low performance i.e. comfort tires that are pushed to the limit. It’s what you get when you combine a quiet intake/exhaust and crappy tires. I think anyone who has been to an autocross can attest. I’ll tell you the all season tire squeal would drown out the engine in my wrx (with cats removed) both from in the car and outside. Tire sounds in the game are less noticeable as tire and exhaust and upgraded (again it’s realistic)… So yeah, I was glad to hear the new tire sounds.

Same here. When I drive my Integra on track I only register the sound of the engine on the straigths.. Badger loves to squeal!
 
For those complaining about the tire squeal, this is perfectly realistic for stock cars on low performance i.e. comfort tires that are pushed to the limit.

I agree - when pushed to the limit indeed. In fact if you keep those comfort tyres on a street car and start upgrading power and downforce you will find that the tyres will squeal in a straight line. Constant squealing!

I really wanted to stick to form on this, to drive road cars with road tyres on, track day cars with sports tyres on and leave the racing tyres purely for specialised racing cars. Sadly, however realistic, the tyre squealing is just so annoying I have been forced to throw on some sport hard tyres just to get a little peace and to be able to enjoy some engine notes. :)
 
Initial thought when I played GT6 for 1 h was wtf - thats that > more hdr blur ,some framedrops ? I get a good night sleep and next day things start becoming magical :D Tweaked tv settings a bit , done some goodwood, moon and at the moment I am not even bothered with tyre squel anymore :D There is a lot of shortcomings in game , but then there are a lot of things you just can't find in other racers and as someone wrote > there's no perfect racing game out there :D
 
There is a setting to remove "flashing gas and brake" notifications.
 
Come on you have to start somewhere, try to enjoy the nuances of the lower powered cars, there are still a ton to choose from.

It's better if you pick something low enough pp that it's a challenge to win, then force yourself to improve with that car at those courses. You'll continually get better and rack up plenty of cash in the process to start it again with a new car in the next series. I think this is really the intent.

I understand what you're saying, and agree to a point, but still wish I could drive whatever I wanted (within the rules), and feel that the experience would be that much better if I did. This is a game, after all, and they wouldn't sell any if it weren't for the beautiful cars it contains.

And for the record, I resent having to drive a Prius to complete a one-make challenge, just for completion, I mean, in real life I'd walk first. I'm sure there is some nuance that I could appreciate with this car as well, but I'd honestly rather not :). A Lotus Elise challenge at Bathurst would have been a much better addition to a racing game IMO.
 
Initial thought when I played GT6 for 1 h was wtf - thats that > more hdr blur ,some framedrops ? I get a good night sleep and next day things start becoming magical :D Tweaked tv settings a bit , done some goodwood, moon and at the moment I am not even bothered with tyre squel anymore :D There is a lot of shortcomings in game , but then there are a lot of things you just can't find in other racers and as someone wrote > there's no perfect racing game out there :D

I'm really liking it a lot as well, and getting used to the menu's quickly, just still need some tweaking.
 
Just some things I've noticed after playing for 1 day. Let me know if I'm confused about any of it.

The Negatives:

- No used car lot? Really?
Only thing lost with this is people saying how did you find that car?!?

- More craptastic cars and still no Lotus Exige or Mitsubish Starion ESiR? Wow.
Lotus Exige is my go to in any game I can find it in. Love lotus's, Huge mitsu fan aswell (evo owner) but doesn't bother me that the starion is missing. Honestly a PREMIUM supra (LET ME TAKE THE WING OFF) or a Pontiac Fiero GT would be nice...

- Tire squeal louder than the engine/exhaust? Terrible.
Ya, when I spin my comfort tires in real life they only squeal until they get hot, then they get quieter to the point of almost no squealing. Not sure what they were doing here. At least the sport and racing tires aren't like this.

- Auto replay after the race? Who wants to watch that?
Holy **** is this annoying^^^ Probably the worst part of the game!! I hate driving the honda fit, why the hell do i want to see it again!

- Flashing accelerate and brake on the bottom left, why?
I don't have this with the wheel, but i've heard how annoying it is. you know what button your pushing

- Changing PP doesn't show real-time.
PP isn't the only thing. Weight distribution and horsepower also

- Cheesy flags at the beginning of the race?
Didn't notice this

- Terrible jerky shadows.
While my diablo is spinning out of control for no reason at all, its hard to see the shadows.

- Can't scroll race info while the race is loading.
I'm actually more irritated that they took away the lap records from practice mode. I used that more as a tuning tool than anything to compare my cars. What happened to that?

- Seems to be very hard to earn money, but maybe it's not.
I got the $1 million start up cash from amazon pre-order... fell bad for you broke bastards lol

- Complete lie about having thousands of aero parts and almost every car getting custom parts. All they did was add 2 wings and the ability to remove on SOME cars. Very disappointed in the lack of effort on car modding and selection. 2013 game with what 5-7 2013 cars in it? They tried to polish up the standard cars, but they are still blah...

The Positives:

- Holy fast menu's Batman!
- E-brake is vastly improved (no more 0 rpm's the moment you touch it).
- Steering is more realistic, especially when you over-correct ;).
- Some old tracks! (still want Red-Rocks).
- Bathursh!!

- WAY FASTER LOADING TIMES!!
- Friends Room check box in open lobby
- Smoke looks much better
-


It says I've spent 4 hours racing the game, and I'm 23% finished? How small is this game??
 
I actually find the tire noise being dominant to be very helpful with controlling your under steer (and over)
Helps you adjust balance on the fly so much quicker.

I was so upset when FM4 came out and I couldn't adjust the sounds sliders individually anymore. I always had my tire noise slider about 25% more than all other sound effects, just to help me catch the the car that much more quickly.
 
Illogical,

I guess I was thinking that we were missing out on some cars with no used car lot, but if we're not, I'm happy!

The Lotus Exige is basically a Lotus Elise with a track-pack, which I'm certain is why it's not in the game, but it still deserves a spot more than a Prius, or dozens of other lamer cars (in a RACING game) IMO.

Back in the late 80's, 4 hot hatches went head to head: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX-7, and Mitsubish Starion ESiR (also known in the states as a Conquest TSi). None of these cars was more significant that the other, they were brothers, and if one is in the game, they all should be. But no, just give us another Civic...

They took lap records from Practice Mode???? Now I'm hurt.
 
I actually find the tire noise being dominant to be very helpful with controlling your under steer (and over)
Helps you adjust balance on the fly so much quicker.

I was so upset when FM4 came out and I couldn't adjust the sounds sliders individually anymore. I always had my tire noise slider about 25% more than all other sound effects, just to help me catch the the car that much more quickly.

This makes perfect sense, of course, but is this a game, or a teaching simulator? Some may want to use it just for a game, so the ability to turn it off, or down would be fantastic.
 
This makes perfect sense, of course, but is this a game, or a teaching simulator? Some may want to use it just for a game, so the ability to turn it off, or down would be fantastic.

I agree, there should be sliders for tire noise, SFX, engine noise, opponents engine noise and so on. Exactly like the FM3 sound sliders worked. It was perfect.
 
It says I've spent 4 hours racing the game, and I'm 23% finished? How small is this game??

This has bothered me in GT5 too, it was wayy too short unlike the GT3 or 4. I expected it would be longer since every second GT (excluding Concept, Prologue etc.) is longer than the first one.

23% after 4 hours? Do the license tests take a lot of time?
 
This has bothered me in GT5 too, it was wayy too short unlike the GT3 or 4. I expected it would be longer since every second GT (excluding Concept, Prologue etc.) is longer than the first one.

23% after 4 hours? Do the license tests take a lot of time?

Nah, it just sucks that you can't do them all up front. It has been a practice of mine to not even start the new GT game until I gold all of the licenses. Oh well.
 
Any we get to pay for PSN soon, right? Great! Taking lessons from xbox, I see. :( :( :()

Wait, what? PSN's not going to be free anymore? Are you thinking of PSN+ maybe?

Nah, it just sucks that you can't do them all up front. It has been a practice of mine to not even start the new GT game until I gold all of the licenses. Oh well.

One more question, how many are license tests there in total? I remember seeing a pic from here that only 6 test are per one group (B,A,...).
 
Yeah I watched a youtube vid on some of the tests, there were only 5 or 6 per license, and most of them were less than 30 or 45 seconds.. just a corner or two and didnt have a full timed lap at the end or anything like they used to. I love as many tests as possible, they are really fun, so its a shame. there could be more on other licences, as i only watched B, A and one other i believe, but they were very short and it showed that he had received the licenses. it was about a 10 min vid and he golded all in three licenses.
 
GT6 has weight shift implemented, it improves on basic racecar knowledge applied to ingame (blip on downshifts, scandinavian flicks, and it now features controllable oversteer) to name a few.

3 things that GT5 didn't have.

I don't care if kittens meow as sounds from tire screech, this is the best immersive GT game to date!

The cone coffeebreak challenges is something I will forever pretend it's not in game. If they could implement driving point to point while not hitting a single cone, then that would more welcomed.

Matterhorn is gorgeous, and oh so scary fun.
 
GT6 has weight shift implemented, it improves on basic racecar knowledge applied to ingame (blip on downshifts, scandinavian flicks, and it now features controllable oversteer) to name a few.

3 things that GT5 didn't have.

I don't care if kittens meow as sounds from tire screech, this is the best immersive GT game to date!

The cone coffeebreak challenges is something I will forever pretend it's not in game. If they could implement driving point to point while not hitting a single cone, then that would more welcomed.

Matterhorn is gorgeous, and oh so scary fun.

A slalom, skid pad or figure eight challenge would be cool too. But I guess they put them in there to be a bit of silly fun on purpose, to change the tempo a bit.
 
Back