GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's kinda silly to be so angry about not being able to buy all the cars in the game, or some cars being more expensive than others... its an economy and the cars that are the most expensive in the game are cars that are either super rare or don't exist in real life.
There is plenty of Joy to be had with the cars you can afford without doing any grinding you just have to be wise with your investments and not throw money away on silly items. If you don't want to play the game the way it has been designed then there is another way to get credits via the PSN Store... don't want to do that? Then you probably shouldn't have blindly bought the game at launch.

I had a pretty good feeling the game's economy was going to be at least some what similar to GT5 and know how much of a grind it can be I put my self in the position were I had 20+ cars when I started and 1m credits, I then bought as few cars as possible until I had a healthy bank and then picked the cars I wanted... there are over 1k cars in the game, how the hell do you balance an economy in a game with (atm) so few events without making the cars worthless?

I think it's kinda silly to be so angry about not being able to buy all the cars in the game, or some cars being more expensive than others... its an economy and the cars that are the most expensive in the game are cars that are either super rare or don't exist in real life.
There is plenty of Joy to be had with the cars you can afford without doing any grinding you just have to be wise with your investments and not throw money away on silly items. If you don't want to play the game the way it has been designed then there is another way to get credits via the PSN Store... don't want to do that? Then you probably shouldn't have blindly bought the game at launch.

I had a pretty good feeling the game's economy was going to be at least some what similar to GT5 and know how much of a grind it can be I put my self in the position were I had 20+ cars when I started and 1m credits, I then bought as few cars as possible until I had a healthy bank and then picked the cars I wanted... there are over 1k cars in the game, how the hell do you balance an economy in a game with (atm) so few events without making the cars worthless?

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of entertainment? If you want to work, go do that.

Sorry GUYS, I KNOW IT IS OFFTOPIC BUT IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! DISCUSS IT IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FORUM!
If only Americans could rally like this to save their own country!!! You guys get my support from the other side of the pond! I've been to the ring and it's a memory I'll never forget... In fact, the second I took it off my bucket list... I added it again :)

Anyone notice how sensitive off track is? Barely go off and you're backwards. Also, the stupid AI keeps spinning me out. Makes the NASCAR races irritating and makes that blind spot indicator more of a warning. Talk about stuck to your line. They will shove you out of their way. Luckily they're stupid still.

Anyone notice how sensitive off track is? Barely go off and you're backwards. Also, the stupid AI keeps spinning me out. Makes the NASCAR races irritating and makes that blind spot indicator more of a warning. Talk about stuck to your line. They will shove you out of their way. Luckily they're stupid still.
Its starting to get a little irritating

A game that has a 16 years of tradition with very known and very recognizable idea of progress that can take you - if you decide to do so - from the beginning to the end of the game, depending of what you personally label as the "end", of course.

Time and effort investment has always be the paramount of GT games and it is widely known. In the same way you have to invest time and effort to progress through Dark Souls game, Final Fantasy VII or earn a 10 Prestige in Modern Warfare games.

I agree with this completely for Gran Turismo's pre-GT6.

I love that Gran Turismo has a deep and rich tradition, it's nice to see a company stick to their roots, even if I don't fully enjoy it.

Time and effort always was paramount, and while I never enjoyed A-Spec I understood that it was Polyphony's artistic/creative choice and I accepted that.

But it's not about the tradition of time and effort anymore - Polyphony chose to add microtransactions, giving a dollar price to things previously earned through time/effort. If it's not all about tradition anymore and money is accepted for content, can't my purchase of the game meet that requirement?

The super-quick way to make money in GT4 was by winning and selling the Rally Raid car over and over again wasn't it? Without that it would have been a ridiculous grind.

I was going to say we just have to find the equivalent in GT6, but you can only win each car once this time round yeah? Arse.

gt6_bm10.jpg

New BMW M235i coupe?

And hopefully with interior. Really would love to drive that little BMW (I wasn't aware that it exists :D ).

Yeah I read something on ShackNews that said the current m4 is just a teaser of the proper car that comes to the game next year?

What are you talking about? If you find playing the game work then why are you playing it?

Yes work, and that's why I won't be playing the game to collect cars once I am done with the career, like I did with GT5 until they "fixed" it with seasonals, like most reasonable people did. I'll play splitscreen, the occasional online and career race for casual fun, but I won't invest any time into collecting the cars. That's what I'm a talking about. Did I suggest otherwise? Because I was clearly replying on the matter of buying all cars.

Edit: I'm not going to waste my time with a cry baby who's not even bothered to finish the game before crying about its economy

Edit: I'm not going to waste my time with a cry baby who's not even bothered to finish the game before crying about its economy

I'm in S, gold on every side stuff, got around 500 stars. I'm expecting not to have to work to buy all cars, that means I don't want to race 33 hours in circles to afford a 5 million car, get it? Otherwise I'll play something else, if that's what PD wants, they lost a future customer.

So I do the Mercedes Vision seasonal...
...rack up 384 miles on the car practicing to work down to a 107.265 lap...
...scraped and banged a couple of walls in process (very easy to do on this Matterhorn configuration).

End result: 50K credits, 1 paint chip minus the 500K credits I will have to pay to restore rigidity.
So I guess I need to pay 450K credits for the privilege of running in Seasonal TTs now?

I use a wheel, no aids, no ABS, pretty careful, and I don't usually play bumper cars...
I managed to gold 49 out of 50 Licenses in GT5, qualified for WRS D3 Gold as well.

This is my 3rd high-end car in as many days with less than 400 miles requiring rigidity restoration.
So I will just sell this Merc. Vision back for 300K credits and ditch future participation in this TT.

Something is seriously out of whack.
I am still hoping it is a case of new game that needs tweaking...
...otherwise it can only be explained as corporate greed with the debut of micro-transactions.

I have no problem whatsoever paying for DLC content, I bought every DLC for GT5.

I also posted this in the Body Rigidity Deteriorates Way To Fast Thread.

---------------------------------------
EDIT (Addition):

I think this becomes more of an issue once you get up into the International A/Super levels because of the cost required to restore high-end cars.

Once more people get up into these levels, they will experience this first-hand.

Last edited:
Funny you should say, because I've been an iRacing member for several years and I recently purchased Assetto Corsa. And my belief is that we certainly SHOULD be entitled to 'play the game' how we see fit. So long as we're not infringing on on other people's enjoyment (such as one could argue with modified cars 'ruining' the online experience in GT5). And I agree with that. I have no problem paying for additional content in iRacing. And I bought and happily paid for DLC in GT5. And likewise, I feel if I paid for GT6 than I don't want to jump through hoops to access the content already on the disc.

When I bought GT5, it was actually the first GT game I ever owned (well, second if we include GT5 Prologue). And I was interested in the "Ultimate Driving Simulator". I wasn't so much interested in playing some pseudo car collecting, half-RPG semi-sim that couldn't quite figure out exactly what it wanted to be. GT5 had many positive qualities. It was arguably the best driving game on the PS3. But it was severely lacking in other areas. And it's why after about a year, I eventually gave up and moved on to iRacing.

Ironically, when I bought GT6, I was looking for an off-line experience. I'm 43 years old, a small-mid sized business owner, I work 60~65 hours a week on average and I have a family. And I was looking for a racing game that I could just pick up at any time and have a decent off-line experience. Something where I didn't have to worry about scheduling or having my safety rating fall through the floor because of a few bad runs. The physics and tire modeling in GT6 can't match PC sims but it's not bad. Unfortunately, much like with GT5, I quickly found the off-line experience in GT6 rather poor: rubber-banding AI, slow AI, conga-line starts that don't exist in any real racing series, etc. :rolleyes: Great, so here we go again.

But at least it's fun to do some hot-lapping. And there are lots of great tracks. Thank goodness they're not locked. That said, I just can't be arsed into spending hours upon hours of racing a bunch of lifeless, pathetic bots to 'earn' in game credits to buy the cars I want. Even if I had the time, I couldn't be bothered. I just don't find it enjoyable.

There are obviously enough people who feel the same way; who feel that the GT series is simply stuck in the 90s and hasn't evolved, and they're no longer satisfied with the old way of doing things. And judging by the number of people active in the 'glitch' thread, there are plenty of people who feel that the payouts and progression in this game is severely unbalanced--even those that 'like' that sort of game play are a bit put off by the low payouts in this game.

Yes, iRacing is all business (except for week 13) and maybe I was looking for something a bit less serious. But there has to be a happy medium.

I'm in a similar position and find myself floating between games.

You might want to check out Game Stock Car 2013. The name is a little unfortunate. It isn't based on American stock cars but Brazilian stock cars which are more like touring cars. The game also has Karts, Minis, Camaros, and their version of Formula 3, 80s formula 1, 90s formula 1, and modern formula 1. Apparently, Barichello used to play online before he went back to work racing the Brazilian stock cars in real life. Reiza, the creators, were famous for their rFactor 1 Formula mods before they came up with their own game (which is based on rFactor 1). Great physics and ffb. It currently has mostly Brazilian tracks right now including Interlagos and the Interlagos kart track but they are planning on releasing more international content. The AI is very good, much much better than GT, but not perfect. My main problem is there isn't much of a "game" to it. You can do practice, single races and championships. At $24 it is a great value.

I'm in a similar position and find myself floating between games.

You might want to check out Game Stock Car 2013

Thanks! 👍 I've actually heard of it. In fact a few of my PSN friends have been playing it and had a lot of good things to say about it.

But TBH, especially over the last year, the lack of free time has really hurt me. I already prepaid for another year of iRacing and haven't actually run a race in nearly 6 months. Maybe longer. :( But I'll keep it in mind. :)

EDIT: BTW, I think you've been on my PSN friend list since Ferrari Challenge days. :P Time sure flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back