GT6 Paint Shop

• Thread starter Eliuaustin
  • 5 comments
Canada
Canada
Eliuaustin
I find it very tedious to have to buy a car several times if I want to unlock all the paint chips it comes in. Also, it's a big waste of money. I think it would be a good idea if PD implemented a paint shop where you can go to buy new paint colours, even if you don't get the car. For example, each paint colour could be priced at 1% of the actual price of the most expensive car it comes in. (A cr. 20,000,000 car would have a paint colour worth 200,000, for example) This would allow me to buy all the colours I want without needing to buy too many cars.
Another suggestion I have is to put one of those blue check-marks on every paint colour that you already own (to prevent from buying two of the same). Just a small suggestion, but I think it would be nice.
My last idea is an alternative to my original one. Perhaps if you buy a car you will earn all the possible colours it comes it, that way, if you have all the cars, you can have all the colours as well.

I would prefer that a player can buy paint chips they don't have at half the current price you can apply the paint to a car (i.e. Any Metallic paint that costs 4000cr to apply on a car will cost 2000cr to obtain).

This would only give access to paint chips from any car you currently own in your garage that has optional paint colors (including those that normally have no free paint chips after purchase or unlocking the car, but have paint color names like the Mercedes-Benz Vision GT). Like the original post's idea, a marking would be placed on colors you already own.

This method would not give you access to paints with no names, paints that are unlocked through seasonal events, or the 15th anniversary DLC paints.

Alternatively, you could paint cars in any color it comes with, but if you want to paint it with another car's color, you have to have the paint chip.

Also, you could unlock generic colors in some way (maybe the licenses. If GT6 still had the levels system, that could work better), so you first got basic colors (black, grey, white, red, blue, green, yellow...), then more specific ones (purple, cyan, pink, dark and light variations of colors), then mettalics and mattes, then pearlescents and chrome. Not many, but still enough to allow you to get close to what you want without specific paint chips.

I think it would be cool to just straight up create a color, what style the paint is (matte, gloss, metallic, pearlescent, etc.) But you would have to unlock the paint styles. Different paint styles would cost different prices too.

Back