Livery Editor - CarsConfirmed (GT6) 

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 173 comments
Custom from a JPEG? No thanks. I don't need to see how people would abuse this online.

Custom from a variety of graphics that can be overlaid and racing numbers for all cars? Absolutely!

That's a really good point.

But since I use Photoshop and other programs for graphic design and illustration I never thought of that problem... Well doing everything in the game itself is a lot worse but it prevents that (google any jpeg and paste it in GT) from happening.

I think the use of templates could work well if we're required to upload them to the game, have them checked, then be able to use them in-game. So obviously no profanity or artistic renderings of phallic objects :sly: could be used in game. This could or could not mean the use of beer/tobacco references may not be allowed.

PD could also add in their own generics for us to choose from, and give us the ability to use approved schemes from other users. They are emphasizing on the community aspect of GT6 after all.

Custom from a JPEG? No thanks. I don't need to see how people would abuse this online.

Custom from a variety of graphics that can be overlaid and racing numbers for all cars? Absolutely!
custom designs on your car that is not offensive, yes PD a wedsite that would allow custom design out of the game and then upload the design to our cars. I am by no means a hard core racer but i love cars and your game. I want to create my own design to show off to my group of friends. :)

For every one person that would create a cool design for a car, there are 10 kids that will race around the track with obscene photos and words. It just won't happen. PD is not going to have videos and photos of their product all over the internet with that sort of trash displayed on the cars. So as much as I would love to replicate vintage liveries, I don't think it will ever happen on a console game.

In the end I might have to agree with the others. I would love a livery editor, I enjoyed making liveries a lot while doing PC sim racing, but on a console, there are just so many stupid people who will abuse their abilities. The only way I could imagine this working was if users were able to report abusive/plain inappropriate liveries themselves and then PD checks them. But that is far too much to ask. :(

Though PD could surprise us and come up with a moment of genius to keep us happy. Because I really want to make some silly (not abusive or inappropriate. Silly) liveries!

There are so many ways to moderate liveries, so I don't see how it could be such a problem to just omit them because some people will try to do some offensive things.

You could have an approval process to allow your livery to be shown online. Perhaps limit it to 1 livery per day, or 2 days, and if somebody submits and offensive livery, revoke the privilege for a week.

Have options to allow or disallow custom liveries in a lobby. Have personal option to never show liveries if desired or always show liveries.

Edit: And as others pointed out, have a "report livery" option in case any offending liveries make it past the approval process. Something would also need to be done so that "report livery" does not get abused.

Last edited:
On Forza 5 I've seen maybe 2 or 3 "inappropriate" objects (A very poorly done mens' part, the name of a womans' part, and a very funny "hello titty"). All you do is simply report it.... The idea that people will abuse it it not an excuse, as long as you do what you are supposed to do and report those kind of liveries when you come across them everything should stay in line.

Maybe put a vinyl limit? Only basic shapes, like squares and circles, and numbers so it is harder to make inappropriate images. I wouldn't be doing much custom vinyling. I'd put stock vinyls on the cars that the car in the game doesn't have.

I agree with this, but I can also agree with the prior. But no jpeg, this isn't Windows Millennium, we could use .PSD or a similar, higher-quality image. If a person makes something inappropriate, simply let it be one of the reasons you can call a kick for the person. Because a multi-layer system like Forza or MCLA will simply divert to that eventually anyways with some players.

Hey, I'm just telling you why it will never happen. I'll set my hopes low. Give me the ability to slap a number on any car. That's something that PD should be able to handle.

Hey, I'm just telling you why it will never happen. I'll set my hopes low. Give me the ability to slap a number on any car. That's something that PD should be able to handle.

Agreed. I mean, if we're allowed to build the cars, at least let us put a number on it like we're at a race day.

i love to have this in game too but taku imasaki was very clear about this one
they dont want to give freedom to players but he said pd is working on it
so i guess if they ever come up with livery editor its gonna be some pre-made liveries or shapes you can chose to customize your car

The Forza livery editor has a range of primitive shapes from which some talented artists create amazing stuff. Of course, every so often someone creates something unacceptable to the community. Personally, I never experienced this.

Here is a time lapse video showing the creation of a Bruce Lee decoration. It's amazing. I see no reason why GT could not provide a similar function apart from the development costs and time.

The Forza livery editor has a range of primitive shapes from which some talented artists create amazing stuff. Of course, every so often someone creates something unacceptable to the community. Personally, I never experienced this.

Here is a time lapse video showing the creation of a Bruce Lee decoration. It's amazing. I see no reason why GT could not provide a similar function apart from the development costs and time.

Now that's what I am talking about :drool:

Latest Posts

Back