• Poll closed .

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the numbers competing in the comps recently and we are down to just a few dedicated photomoders regularly entering now. The Secret Santa competition has particularly low patronage and is now barely viable.
I am very happy to keep all the comps running right up to GT Sport's release but I am thinking that having all four (five including 3.0) comps for so few competitors may be a little overkill. So I would propose that I close the Secret Santa and CCCL competitions and we continue on with just the PMC and 2.0 comps.

I would like to hear your thoughts, whether to cut back to 2 comps or if you want to continue with all of them, or even if you want to call it a day altogether. As I say I am happy to run with whatever the consensus is - I am here to serve you guys. :)

If we do wind up any of the comps I would like them to finish at week 140 (a nice round number :)) so I'd keep them running til then anyway.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who has competed in the GT6 Photomode comps - these comps would be nothing without you - you guys rock! :bowdown:

Thank you. :cheers:

Nato

Last edited:
Let's go on until Competition 140 with Photomode and AC 2.0 if there are enough interested photomoders. :gtpflag:

Otherwise I take Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5 again so I can go through the end... 💡

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who has competed in the GT6 Photomode comps - you guys rock! :bowdown:

Thank you. :cheers:

I'll take this opportunity to thank "Super Nato" for awesomeness in hosting these comps over the years!! :cheers:

The time and effort devoted is seldom acknowledged but most certainly widely appreciated by all us guys!!! :bowdown:

You rock Nathan

As for the GT6 photomode near future, might I suggest a fourth option, one last tournament, participation and following has always increased during these events (might be a fitting way to wrap it up, if there's time?) and during each week run one of the other four comps, in rotation, for those eliminated and the stalwarts.

Just an idea? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. :embarrassed:

I've pondered a last Tournament a few times over recent months but I just don't think there's the numbers left to make a good go of it. What does everyone else think?

I've pondered a last Tournament a few times over recent months but I just don't think there's the numbers left to make a good go of it. What does everyone else think?

You are right Nathan. Tournament is subject to discussion with GTSport I think. And thanks a lot for hosting the competitions. Mighty job. RESPECT!

1st off kudos for being "the man" with respect to running the comps. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sad to see the number of contributors steeply declining, but life is change and all of that...

It'll be a while before I purchase a PS4 for the new GT game, so I'll probably end up kickin around until the bitter end.

A tournament might be a good thing, but I remember interest spiking when the comps were posted in the Forum's "NEWS" section. Granted there was a prize given out, Premium membership...

Is it a question of beating a dead horse? I guess the best thing would be to run it status quo (minus the SS comp) until the new game comes out?

Well, with the GTS delay the GT6 comps could of course run a little longer. That will depend on the participation still though, if that continues to drop we will have to call it at some point.
It's pretty clear that the Secret Santa comp will be the first casualty of the decline.

For what it's worth Nathan, I think cutting down to two comps is perfectly acceptable as we head towards the 140-week mark. That's a long time, and while some folks will proudly stay to the bitter end (you guys rock), the numbers just aren't what they used to be.

This GT Sport delay is a real kick in the teeth. We could've been heading into the final few months of the comps with a whole new game set to re-ignite the community's passion in GT photomode, and now we're stuck with an indeterminate wait. It's been almost a year since the last significant GT6 update too, so there just isn't much to keep the average person invested, sadly.

Also, just echoing what everybody else has already said: huge kudos for running the comps so flawlessly for so long. You're an asset to this community! :cheers:

Hi folks,

Before I post another round of competitions I think it is time to take a serious look at whether or not we continue with the GT6 comps at all now, as there are only a couple of active participants still remaining.
We've done amazingly well to have them running for 3 years now, but GT6 and the PS3 for that matter are getting quite long in the tooth and many have moved away from the PS3 to the PS4 or other platforms making these comps barely viable anymore.
I am more than happy to run week 156 as the last hurrah for the GT6 comps if you all would like to, otherwise I think we should call it a day.
With a possible November release for GT Sport we don't have to wait too much longer before we can start a new round of comps with the latest offering.
Once again, thank you all for your participation over the last 3 years (and before for those that were part of the GT5 or even GT4 comps). :bowdown:

Cheers

Nato

Hi folks,

Before I post another round of competitions I think it is time to take a serious look at whether or not we continue with the GT6 comps at all now, as there are only a couple of active participants still remaining.
We've done amazingly well to have them running for 3 years now, but GT6 and the PS3 for that matter are getting quite long in the tooth and many have moved away from the PS3 to the PS4 or other platforms making these comps barely viable anymore.
I am more than happy to run week 156 as the last hurrah for the GT6 comps if you all would like to, otherwise I think we should call it a day.
With a possible November release for GT Sport we don't have to wait too much longer before we can start a new round of comps with the latest offering.
Once again, thank you all for your participation over the last 3 years (and before for those that were part of the GT5 or even GT4 comps). :bowdown:

Cheers

Nato

I was expecting this for a while now... I for one would love 1 more kick at the bucket... One last big hoorah!!!

Cheers

Nato

Just so you know, I'm taking that as an implicit offer to run the GT Sport editions... :D

You've helped make the Photomode community what it is Nathan. I trust your judgement. :)

Honestly I miss :( not being part of this anymore because I have changed to PS4. However with GTS on its way I expect to take part again in those competitions. It has always been one of the nicest places on the forum together with the Driveclubsection 👍

Those 3 years have been recipies for some amazing photos taken by the community members :bowdown:

Apologies for the long delay - I have decided to let the comps end where they are. With only Andrew showing interest in a final week the only way I think we could have made a final week work would have been for me to supply the themes, otherwise as the previous winners wouldn't be able to enter their own themes the chances of getting more than one entry supplied didn't look good.
Having to even consider that prospect I think tells us it's definitely time to call it day.

Apologies for the long delay - I have decided to let the comps end where they are. With only Andrew showing interest in a final week the only way I think we could have made a final week work would have been for me to supply the themes, otherwise as the previous winners wouldn't be able to enter their own themes the chances of getting more than one entry supplied didn't look good.
Having to even consider that prospect I think tells us it's definitely time to call it day.

It is what it is...:(

It's been an awesome experience competing against and sharing pics with, all the great photographers that once graced this forum...:cheers: (and those that are still kickin around ;) )

I never had any formal training or schooling in photography and to compete against graphic artists and the like was pretty special, and to win once and a while was even better!!! :) I learned a lot from browsing all the old comp winners and user galleries! Incredible shots and awesome inspirations!

While the comps maybe dead I'll probably post more pics from time to time... It's just harder to find the time to sit down in front of the PS3 with the family duties and all!

Thx to @Nato_777 and @SlipZtrEm for all their hard work over the years! You guys rock!

Yes. The final curtain shall fall and we may call it a day. See you all in future comps.

1.jpg

Back