GT6 - Pikachu's Sierra-425 challenge

United States
Sacramento, CA
pikachuracer11
PikachuRacer
I have thought of a special time trial/tuning challenge, one that would test the player's strategy in how they build a car under specific performance and budget limitations. Your car must be bought and tuned under the limit of 425pp and your overall budget for the challenge is 50,000cr.
This would be quite easy for veteran players to understand, but for those who are new or have limited experience in the GT games this would be a good test of their skills.
----------------------------------------------------------
This is how it would go:
1) First, you have to buy a car that costs under 50,000cr. That car must be below 425pp.

2) Then, you would use any remaining credits from buying your car to tune the car as close to the 425pp limits as possible (example: Buying a 10,000cr car will provide you a 40,000cr budget for tuning parts). It could be used for any tuning part, as long as it is within your budget.

3) After tuning the car to your prefered style, run a hot lap around Circuito de la Sierra. You must provide a clean lap in order for it to count. Of all the driving aids, only Active Steering is allowed (don't wanna make it too easy, if you don't need it that's fine too).

4) Post your best time with the car you made at or below 425pp for the challenge on this thread. Specify the car, it's pp rating, and that car's lap time. No need to share the actual setup.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This isn't a hardcore competition and there's no expiration date to enter, you can enter at any time. But I advise that there's no cheating with hacked cars or using a car straight from your garage. Car also cannot be a racing model (though not many race cars are worth under 50,000cr anyways).

Update 1: Due to the possibilities of secretly using parts that are over their budget, submissions should also provide what parts they used (including oil changes and improving body rigidity) as well as cost of item (as price may vary on the car) to see if a player stays within the 50,000cr budget. Still, you wont have to share any other tweaks (Suspension levels, brake levels, etc.).
Update 2: So it may be a bit easier for new players, ABS will be allowed for use. However no other driving aids except for ABS and Active Steering can be used.
Good luck and have fun! :)👍

Last edited:
I'll put a time on the board...

MR2 G-Limited '97 425pp 9'59.471

Only ran 2 laps so a good bit of time left :)

Love this type of challenge! The question here is how much to spend on tires??? Here you have some choice's you could pick. There are 450 eligible cars for this!! I'll choose some car that comes with Sports tires, to save money for the rest. An example could be http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/car_sheet.php?id=1231
Is important to know if the engine should be detuned for this or not. i think it should be prohibited.
car selection 1.png
car selection2.png

Looks like fun, I'll take a crack at it when I get the chance 👍

Might be worth setting a few basic rules regarding the use of driving aids and testing conditions

Could you post how do you spend the money for this car? The car price is 23,600. you have 26,400 to spend on...

Detuning would have to be prohibited. SH tires would have to be the max. Unsure if there are any cars at this price that come standard with SM or SS tires anyway, but just in case.

These two would leave you a lot of room to spend money on chassis improvements...
dfBKk2A.png

But there are so many possibilities.
The older Silvia's and RX7's would have to be in the discussion.

So is the challenge with ABS off as well when you say ASM is the only aid availble?

Also, are concepts prohibited? For example, the Mitsibushi i-Concept is basically on early petrol version of the later released i-miev. The i-miev is awful, the petrol i-concept version is a sleeper.

May be I'll have a go at this, I already have some cheap, sleeper 400pp Sierra tuned cars, but they lose their dominance at higher PP and require several power parts, so budget may be a struggle with those.

Could you post how do you spend the money for this car? The car price is 23,600. you have 26,400 to spend on...

That would defeat the purpose of the challenge - if I told you what parts I had fitted the event would become a simple time trial.

Test and decide yourself what parts you want :)

Might be worth setting a few basic rules regarding the use of driving aids
Is important to know if the engine should be detuned for this or not. i think it should be prohibited.
Detuning would have to be prohibited. SH tires would have to be the max.

Rules are clear enough in the event description :)

That would defeat the purpose of the challenge - if I told you what parts I had fitted the event would become a simple time trial.

Test and decide yourself what parts you want :)

Rules are clear enough in the event description :)
Could be clearer to be honest, not looking to disrupt the contest just looking to make it easier to comply 👍

And I also think that parts list should be submitted, otherwise its ridiculously open to cheating

And I also think that parts list should be submitted, otherwise its ridiculously open to cheating

Cheating in what way? The only way you can cheat is by running more than 425pp (or SRF).

If a time is posted that seems unbelievable, the member can simply be asked to PM the car, parts fitted and his replay to the event organiser.

Cheating in what way? The only way you can cheat is by running more than 425pp (or SRF).

If a time is posted that seems unbelievable, the member can simply be asked to PM the car, parts fitted and his replay to the event organiser.
There are a number of ways you could steal an advantage without anyone noticing in regards to parts fitted and various other little tricks. It would just make the whole thing easier to run, no need to be so precious about the secret shiny bits you've stuck under the hood, anyone can weight up the pros and cons of fitting certain bits, its not exactly rocket science

There are a number of ways you could steal an advantage without anyone noticing in regards to parts fitted and various other little tricks

Surely that's the point of the event... find those advantages as long as they are within the rules?

There are a number of ways you could steal an advantage without anyone noticing in regards to parts fitted and various other little tricks. It would just make the whole thing easier to run, no need to be so precious about the secret shiny bits you've stuck under the hood, anyone can weight up the pros and cons of fitting certain bits, its not exactly rocket science
i'm gonna try it tonight. then i'll post a resume like this:
Car: xxxxxxxxx cost:
power: xxx hp
tires : xxxxxx
total tuning cost:
lap time:
So i'm not going to reveal all the details, but we could compare different tire/power setups.

Car: Honda S2000 '06

425PP
Sports Hard tyres
Laptime: 10:10.288

Tried also with:

Honda Civic Type R EK 97

425PP
Comfort Soft tyres (maybe that was the mistake)
Laptime: 10:38.623 :boggled:
The problem with this civic is that its not close enough to 425pp, you need to buy more power and you dont have much room for other parts.

Last edited:
So is the challenge with ABS off as well when you say ASM is the only aid availble?

Also, are concepts prohibited? For example, the Mitsibushi i-Concept is basically on early petrol version of the later released i-miev. The i-miev is awful, the petrol i-concept version is a sleeper.

May be I'll have a go at this, I already have some cheap, sleeper 400pp Sierra tuned cars, but they lose their dominance at higher PP and require several power parts, so budget may be a struggle with those.
As the rules specified (as revised recentally), Active Steering and ABS is the only aid available. Of the cars selected, none can be race cars so concepts are allowed as long as they are within the budget.

How much are Sport Soft and Racing Hard tires?
If there is a way to get an advantage it is with tires more than any other thing.
Sports Soft are worth between 9.5-12k while Racing hard tires are worth between 12.5-18.5k, yet sports soft have a bit less grip than racing hard in various cars. The track has a wide variety of corners and several high speed sections, so you'll have to think about what is the best option for you.

Surely that's the point of the event... find those advantages as long as they are within the rules?
The event was made for fun and to allow players to be strategic in how they build a car within limitations, this isn't really a competition though there are various ways players can make their cars faster around the track (Smarter use of budget, Driving Skill, etc). Though many will likely consider Racing tires for having so much grip, the price (12.5-35k) will possibly prevent you from buying other parts to boost performance.
Technically, anything goes as long as it is within the rules.

Could be clearer to be honest, not looking to disrupt the contest just looking to make it easier to comply 👍

You do have a point DolHaus, Applying the parts used would be a smart thing to do, so the calculations can be provided to see if anyone went over their budget.

Last edited:
Looks like fun, I'll take a crack at it when I get the chance 👍

Might be worth setting a few basic rules regarding the use of driving aids and testing conditions
Players would be running on the default track settings with no driving aids other than Active steering being available.

Really? I'm not sure that's a wise decision, severely limits your entrants
Okay, being that the event was posted earlier today, I can change it to allow ABS to make it easier for those who struggle with braking when disabled. This would also be optional.

Okay, being that the event was posted earlier today, I can change it to allow ABS to make it easier for those who struggle with braking when disabled. This would also be optional.
Fair enough, its your event and you may run it as you please but the majority use ABS 1 so you'd be turning away a lot of people if you chose to exclude it 👍

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98
Car: 19,980
Oil change: 250
RH Tyres: 15,000
Sports computer: 1,500
Six Speed Transmission: 7,600
Stage 1 engine: 4,500
Sports Catalytic Converter: 1,000
Total: 422 pp and 49,830 credits

Lap time (after two): 10.13.457

Edit: I did this offline

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't see the updates on the rules, so this time is OUT OF THE CHALLENGE (I choosed a race car). For comparison only:
VOLKSWAGEN New Beetle Cup Car '00
Car: 25,000
Oil Change: 250
Air intake modification: 4,800
Light windows: 3,000
Triple clutch: 6,700
LSD: 7350
Total: 425pp / 46,850 credits
Tires: Racing Hards (installed by default)

Lap time: 10:17.247 (Active Steering:0, ABS: 0, wet and off track surface setting to real)

Notes: Made a few laps because I'm new on this track. I should play with the downforce and lsd to improve lap times. I thought a much better time was possible, but perphaps the car isnt powerfull at all... Only 215 km/h on straights...So the tires not always make a difference at all...Tomorrow I'll take a normal car.

Nice idea

Would like to try..

Need some confirmation:
ABS not allowed
tires SH max
max 50.000 spent

Thank you

Honda Integra Type R DC5 '03

425PP
Sports Hard tyres
Laptime: 10:17.424

I wonder how you managed to do this time with this car, I tried it too and I was 20 seconds slower with no mistakes.
grazy.gif

Last edited:
Back