GT6 pits are messed up beyond belief...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swagger897
  • 56 comments
  • 5,573 views

Swagger897

On A Sekrit Mishun
Premium
Messages
6,425
United States
KCCO
So the other night a few friends of mine are doing quick ten lap races at different places. We had the settings where you would have to pit, not the penalty but tire wear. So it's lap 7 and we are all coming in at the Fuji GT/GP course, all in a HSV-010 and one GT-300 thing. I'm in the front of the group when we come in and so I made sure we all slowed down. We entered at about 60 mph and we did not get the reset so we were good. We also got the pit message to come up and I was happy about that. However, the we actually got to our pits, and that's where it began.

My car for some reason decided to park at a 45* degree angle to the pit line, and not want to go into my own box..? Now why, I don't know. It also happened to everyone behind us. So we sat for about five minutes on the pause button and what not, but to no avail.

AND THEN... we got a black screen... It seemed as if the race was cancelled while waiting in the pits. As in, when it gave us the black screen, we saw the room menu. And we could still talk over the mics for a few moments, and then it went silent... Everyone experienced the same thing, and there was about five of us (my league friends) and six others....

It's becoming almost a pain and a fear of trying to pit now, and it's just too absurd that we aren't getting any acknowledgement a for finding bugs within the game...
 
This kills me. Along with not having tire/fuel use in arcade mode (and most of the career for that matter). Almost 3 months since release and this game is still suffering from obvious bugs while a new track is delayed and some fantasy cars are being rumored. Where are PD's priorities?
 
This kills me. Along with not having tire/fuel use in arcade mode (and most of the career for that matter). Almost 3 months since release and this game is still suffering from obvious bugs while a new track is delayed and some fantasy cars are being rumored. Where are PD's priorities?
Apparently towards GT7 from the likes of many...
 
This kills me. Along with not having tire/fuel use in arcade mode (and most of the career for that matter). Almost 3 months since release and this game is still suffering from obvious bugs while a new track is delayed and some fantasy cars are being rumored. Where are PD's priorities?
To interject a positive note, Tire Wear and the result of changing cars isn't implemented very well and doesn't function correctly, so I'm not sure that's a big loss.
 
To interject a positive note, Tire Wear and the result of changing cars isn't implemented very well and doesn't function correctly, so I'm not sure that's a big loss.
True, but that kind of demonstrates my point - that PD needs to get this right before worrying about additional content or GT7 for that matter.

I'm already not pre-ordering GT7 (I happily pre-ordered GT6 for the promised features and thinking PD had learned their lesson about updates, timeliness, and so on), and I will wait til long after release before even considering it to read reviews and see what the community says here first. PD is not doing themselves any favors for keeping my business by leaving GT6 unfinished, and I hazard to guess I'm not the only one.
 
Last edited:
Anyone can explain why after a pitstop, the cars have less grip AND less power or top speed? Makes no sense at all.
 
Anyone can explain why after a pitstop, the cars have less grip AND less power or top speed? Makes no sense at all.
Your tires have less grip out of a pit stop because the tires are cold, and less speed because again the tires are cold and need to be warmed up.
 
Your tires have less grip out of a pit stop because the tires are cold, and less speed because again the tires are cold and need to be warmed up.
Wrong, even after them being heated up, they are still worse than the ones at the start of the race. And the car also has less straightline speed or less power which has nothing to do with the tyres, and makes absolutely no sense.
 
If only pitstops were more like..... This

2m85t9y.jpg
 
I can vouch for Nixxxon on that point, as I've been getting it consistently. The tires wear faster, grip less and heat up much faster after a pit stop. So far I've only noticed it with race tires but it has resulted in reduced lap times 3 seconds on Fuji and 2 seconds on Apricot. Last race I was in was 45 laps on Fuji GT, I already knew of the problem and my plan was to stay on my opening tires as long as possible as tires worn down to 7/8 F/R were still faster than warmed up ones after a pit. Then a crash with full damage on lap 2. My race and others in the accident races were ruined. Wish I could have said no tire change in the pits (why is that not an option?).
 
Your tires have less grip out of a pit stop because the tires are cold, and less speed because again the tires are cold and need to be warmed up.
you are absolutely wrong...seems you have never experienced endurance race in online mode, eh? ;)
 
you are absolutely wrong...seems you have never experienced endurance race in online mode, eh? ;)

Seems as if you've never watched racing IRL....
 
what is your point ? :D that in racing tires never warm up? ;)
Uhh.... Nooooo.... The fact that the original post you quoted was correct, since GT doesn't have tire warmers..
Here is a video with weight transfer of a F1 at Monza. You can see how quickly tires went to cold under slow speeds..


And here is a pit stop of F1...


Without the warmers, you effectively are putting on ice cubes until you thrash around or drive extremely fast....
 
yeah, sorry swagger but you have it wrong.

The second set of tires definitely act differently to the first after a pit stop. Have tested this extensively for our league i have no doubt that there is a major issue with the second set of tires.

As someone mentioned earlier, they wear much faster, dont have anywhere near as much grip (even when they should be at their prime after 2 or 3 laps) and the top speed of the cars are slower....

Absolutely 100% confirmed.
If you are referring to the glitch where it seems to go say from RM to RS after a pit, that is a whole different ball game that I was talking about... I was referring to the fact that it is common to see drivers before race starts and after tire changes to swerve about on the tracks to induce heat into the tires by weight transfer..

I understand that POV but that wasn't the initial situation. I am sure that @LazerBlitz101 was referring to the same situation, but that's not what this thread was primarily about, more or less about the fact that sometimes you can go in without receiving the box, no tires, or no fuel at all and times when you car won't even park in the pit box. There is already a similar thread about that found here... (With a lot of other stuff)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-04-update-physics-changes-your-impressions.301227/page-13
 
Just today was racing at Ascari and was in the lead when I came into the pits. It was going to be tight but as the AI tried to drive out of the box it begins to reverse! It did a 3 point turn for some reason, like something was in the way but there wasn't. It only took a couple seconds but it was enough to cost me a chance to win.
Wrong, even after them being heated up, they are still worse than the ones at the start of the race. And the car also has less straightline speed or less power which has nothing to do with the tyres, and makes absolutely no sense.
Last week we were racing and actually found my top speed increased after the pitstop in a Ferrari FXX. But yes, the car handled like boogers after the pit so it didn't help me.
 
Yes the second set of tires are broken...
and the third, the fourth, the fifth...
Last week we were racing and actually found my top speed increased after the pitstop in a Ferrari FXX. But yes, the car handled like boogers after the pit so it didn't help me.
Subaru BRZ is my latest endurance race and I remember clearly. I had a low aero settings. Before the pitstop the car reached 230 km/h in the main straight, and after the pitstop it was 225-226 km/h.



Edit: Yesterday I tried a non-wear race with must 1-pitstop, and it seems the behavior is absolutely the same. Even without tire wear, the 2nd set of tires seem to have less grip and make the car go slower in a straightline aswell :lol:
 
Last edited:
If you are referring to the glitch where it seems to go say from RM to RS after a pit, that is a whole different ball game that I was talking about... I was referring to the fact that it is common to see drivers before race starts and after tire changes to swerve about on the tracks to induce heat into the tires by weight transfer..

I understand that POV but that wasn't the initial situation. I am sure that @LazerBlitz101 was referring to the same situation, but that's not what this thread was primarily about, more or less about the fact that sometimes you can go in without receiving the box, no tires, or no fuel at all and times when you car won't even park in the pit box. There is already a similar thread about that found here... (With a lot of other stuff)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-04-update-physics-changes-your-impressions.301227/page-13


I agree swagger, i must apologize if my post seemed blunt. I read your post in my early morning haze and realized that was what you were saying, and i tried to delete my post to you about 1 minute after my initial, but it must have gone through anyway. (hence why the post from me that you quoted is not there anymore)

Note to self, wake up properly before responding !

OT, i really hope that its fixed in the next patch !:)
 
and the third, the fourth, the fifth...

Subaru BRZ is my latest endurance race and I remember clearly. I had a low aero settings. Before the pitstop the car reached 230 km/h in the main straight, and after the pitstop it was 225-226 km/h.



Edit: Yesterday I tried a non-wear race with must 1-pitstop, and it seems the behavior is absolutely the same. Even without tire wear, the 2nd set of tires seem to have less grip and make the car go slower in a straightline aswell :lol:
Yup, before the pitstop I never reached the rev limiter but after I was hitting the rev limit at the end of the main straight on every lap. Maybe they put skinnier tires on my car and reduced drag and friction[at the cost of handling and wear].
 
I agree swagger, i must apologize if my post seemed blunt. I read your post in my early morning haze and realized that was what you were saying, and i tried to delete my post to you about 1 minute after my initial, but it must have gone through anyway. (hence why the post from me that you quoted is not there anymore)

Note to self, wake up properly before responding !

OT, i really hope that its fixed in the next patch !:)
No problems... I'll keep my posts just as an FYI to anyone..
 
Just did another race at Fuji to have a little fun.

....aaaaaaaaand what would ya know, it happened. Again.

Yeah.

*wooohooo* GO PD!!!:yuck:
 
you are absolutely wrong...seems you have never experienced endurance race in online mode, eh? ;)
well... no, because my internet cuts out 1/2 way through a lap in any race. I have completed one 4 lap race, and thats it.
 
Back